Oak Ridge vs. Soddy Daisy

ORWildcat

I figured this thread would be hopping. Guess I was wrong. Hey a quick question, do any of you guys know who will be in a region with OR next year??

Anderson County, Campbell County, Clinton, Knox Central, Knox Halls, Powell, Karns, & Oak Ridge.

That was when the 16 new regions were first introduced back in June.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason that it's not hopping is because we are all now reformed and can feel the Love. We are all blind supporters of our teams and coaches so as not to make anyone upset. This is a politically correct thread and we all hold hands and sing KumbyAh regularly. That way Stanton doesn't get his feelings hurt and Bailey and Green can continue to tell the school board what a great decision they made to reject two decisions by the search committee. Hold hands and join in.

Ram Dad

I figured this thread would be hopping. Guess I was wrong. Hey a quick question, do any of you guys know who will be in a region with OR next year??

The reason that it's not hopping is because we are all now reformed and can feel the Love. We are all blind supporters of our teams and coaches so as not to make anyone upset. This is a politically correct thread and we all hold hands and sing KumbyAh regularly. That way Stanton doesn't get his feelings hurt and Bailey and Green can continue to tell the school board what a great decision they made to reject two decisions by the search committee. Hold hands and join in.

Ram Dad

Ole Dad,

This is a reply from Coach Stanton Stevens cousin. You talked about all the good teams that OR had in the last several years.The past coaches had talent on both the offensive and defensive side of the ball. The team on the bench was just as good as the starters. So how can you compare the talent to what we have now. If you know football as much as you think you do go and compare the past teams man-for man and see what you come up with. It sound to me that you just have a problem with Coach Stevens that is based on his race. Week after week I read you comments and they say the same old thing. Oak Ridge has always been on the top and they are feeling the same thing that all teams go though a rebuilding season. You cant always win every game and a coach can onlylay the foundation for the guys. It takes they guys to MAKE IT HAPPEN. Maybe there is not enough talent to keep the reputation that they have built up. If you football then you know that I am right. Just remember that the team reads this site and if you are any type of person you would think of them.

Good Luck to Coach Stevens and Staff and the Oak Ridge Football Team

Sweetness21

Are you kidding me? My issue with Stanton is race? And you arrived at that conclusion how? Well let me clue you in Ace, three of the top five professionals I employee in my company are black. I hired them. They all make over $100,000 a year. One other of those 5 is from Ecuador. The 5th is white. They would all get a chuckle out of that comment. I play golf with two of them every weekend and we dine together regulary. We watch each others children when the need arrises. I have two addopted nephews that are black. One I am helping put through college, the other plays in the KFL. I am a racist? LOL

The only race issue Stanton has is like LOst Ole Dad says, "The race for the Gold Ball". You picked the wrong guy to play that race card bull with. A bad season is one thing, but all bad seasons is another. How is Rankin doing since going to Alcoa? GQ since going to Maryville? Just got lucky and got good players? Or maybe they worked like heck and developed players and their own skills and strived to have a great team every year and did the work it takes to do it. Read the chart below and take that race bull somewhere else.

Ben Martin 1943-1947 (23-18-1) (60%)

Buist Warren 1948-1951 (30-10-2) (73.8%)

John Francis 1952-1954 (24-3-3) (85%)

Jack Armstrong 1955-1968 (105-28-5) (77.9%)

Emory Hale 1969-1980 (112-23) (83.0%)

Bill Young 1981-1987 (57-21) (73.1%)

Joe Gaddis 1988-1998 (119-24) (83.2%)

Bruce Lussier 1999- 2004 (62-14) (81.6%)

Stanton Stevens 2005- ( 30-13 ) (69.77%)

Ram Dad

Ole Dad,

This is a reply from Coach Stanton Stevens cousin. You talked about all the good teams that OR had in the last several years.The past coaches had talent on both the offensive and defensive side of the ball. The team on the bench was just as good as the starters. So how can you compare the talent to what we have now. If you know football as much as you think you do go and compare the past teams man-for man and see what you come up with. It sound to me that you just have a problem with Coach Stevens that is based on his race. Week after week I read you comments and they say the same old thing. Oak Ridge has always been on the top and they are feeling the same thing that all teams go though a rebuilding season. You cant always win every game and a coach can onlylay the foundation for the guys. It takes they guys to MAKE IT HAPPEN. Maybe there is not enough talent to keep the reputation that they have built up. If you football then you know that I am right. Just remember that the team reads this site and if you are any type of person you would think of them.

Sweetness21

I thought a COACH was supposed to do just that, as in COACH and teach techniques and ways to make the kids good ball players. I hear so much about 'talent' but technique CAN beat talent. Just got to have a coach who actually can teach it. NOT just the starters but ALL of the players as you have games coming up in future years.....MAYBE!

Thats as PC as I can get and I do not know the words to that song Ole Dad was talking about. Besides hearing me sing would be a crime!

now guys this thread is supposed to be about the game tomorrow night. But since it has been brought to my attention lets discuss it. ive made it know that i was not in huge favor of hiring stevens, but he is the coach of the team that i played for and i will support the team. However I do not believe that the talent is being used correctly. not being able to go to all pratices, games, events and what nots i cant say that i could do better but this is not oak ridge football. me and another former lineman talked today and he was shocked at how bad some things were with this team. This game against Soddy and the remaining two are playoffs. if they lose more than one they can almost kiss the playoffs good bye. this region is tuff and every game in the region is a chance to make your claim for a playoff spot. some where along the line maybe even when coach lussier was here we forgot that. someone said to me that the current oak ridge players have a swagger when they walk, thats what oak ridge players are supposed to have. this team needs a reminder on what this program is..... its tradition. when the sign starts lighting up and the band starts playing you are not just playing for any other team its the wildcats. so go out there and show the world, all of the coacht posters, and yourselves that you are ready to reclaim that glory. so is this an issue of race...... no its all about winning.

LOD the words to that song are KumByAh repeated over and over. One of them darn Hippie songs. An old grunt like you won't know the words for sure.

And if anybody stopped to look if McMinn wins over to Billy Blount the mighty wildcats can kiss this season goodby cause they will be out! But we got a good coaching staff? And maybe the talent is just drying up? I don't believe a word of it!!! They're so positive they are trying to scheuule Maryville and Farragut next year for their non region games. Bring em on! We ready! Give me a break!

Kingsport, Maryville, Farragut and Alcoa are all trying to schedule us for their homecoming games. They're fighting over us.

Ram Dad

LOD the words to that song are KumByAh repeated over and over. One of them darn Hippie songs. An old grunt like you won't know the words for sure.

And if anybody stopped to look if McMinn wins over to Billy Blount the mighty wildcats can kiss this season goodby cause they will be out! But we got a good coaching staff? And maybe the talent is just drying up? I don't believe a word of it!!! They're so positive they are trying to scheuule Maryville and Farragut next year for their non region games. Bring em on! We ready! Give me a break!

Never did learn any 'Hippie' spngs. did know a couple of Hippie ladies real well though......but being as this is a family board we will not go into that. Or the verses of 'Barnickle Bill the Sailor' I know that are NOT written down anywhere I know of /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

To the PLAYERS of Oak Ridge, know that I have all the respect in the world for y'all as everytime I have watched you play it has been with determination and LOADS of heart. You have also shown you are Gentlemen both on and off the field. So much so it earned MY son a royal tail chewing from me that he did not show the same class y'all did when you beat us in the playoffs. While y'all may not have won every game this year it is NOT your fault and no one that I know of believes it is either. To me you ARE Champions whether you have a gold ball or not. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Ole Dad,

Sweetness21

Let me get this straight "cous" are you saying that it is the players fault? It seems like I have heard that before.

Looked to me like that was what he was saying also. I guess that's because that is what we always hear from his cous when things go astray, which has been every year lately. I feel bad for all the players who have great potential and are missing the coaching, teaching and experience of "TRUE" Oak Ridge Football. Go try and pull them through tonight Blade.

Ram Dad (named after the new Oak Ridge mascot, Rambo)

Let me get this straight "cous" are you saying that it is the players fault? It seems like I have heard that before.