MORRISTOWN EAST VS GREENEVILLE

EASTFAN

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In soccer!!!!!!!!

LOL Ain't that the truth /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hey it would make John Eiskamp happy /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

when we move down we will more than likely dominate and be a maryville like domination i believe...

Think back a # of years to when Unicoi County and Austin East first moved down from AAA to AA. They both dominated for the first few years when they moved down. After awhile the competition either caught up or AE and Unicoi became passive because they ended up middle of the pack after a few years. My point is, it is very hard to keep your edge if you constantly dominate your competition. My thinking is that GHS will try to offset becoming passive by scheduling the best competition possible outside of conference play.

Think back a # of years to when Unicoi County and Austin East first moved down from AAA to AA. They both dominated for the first few years when they moved down. After awhile the competition either caught up or AE and Unicoi became passive because they ended up middle of the pack after a few years. My point is, it is very hard to keep your edge if you constantly dominate your competition. My thinking is that GHS will try to offset becoming passive by scheduling the best competition possible outside of conference play.

Well coached teams don't lose their edge just because they dominate. Look at Maryville and Alcoa...

Unicoi was a different situation. When they left the Big ten, it became the Big 9 (Iknow, obvious math)and the Big nine became a perfect freshman league with a built in 8 game schedule. After 1 year the Blue Devils dropped freshman FB. As cuts were made over the years they could not defend having as many coaches since most of their opponents had 3-5 coaches.

The community lost interest as well as they went to small stadiums that had no room for them and an excellent band. Schools like Pitman and Seymour had good stadiums and fired up fans and bands. But they left the bands at home and did not travel well to Erwin.

We watched Erwin on film over the years as

we prepared to play them and watched their technique slowly diminish. And once close games with us became major Blowouts. Eventially we were dropped as well as couple of other tough teams and they placed 1A and 2A teams to the schedule. Because of these issues thei Coach L Thompson left for Lincon County where he won a state championship. (also baseball tried to take over, by requiring their athletes to be one sport athletes).

All said and done they went back to 4A for the money, natural rivalries and to implement some internal fixing of the program.

I don't think GHS will have these problems as they are committed to a first class program and would confront these issues in a different way.

I believe that Austin Perkins(#15) will be the starting QB at Greeneville next year. He runs the freshman team and does it well. Reminds me of Greenway his freshman year.

Did you forget about Wes Quarles... He's still a quarter back. Austin may run the show in two years but as of next year i think #16 Wes Quarles has the staring job.