MORRISTOWN EAST VS GREENEVILLE

EASTFAN

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greeneville was too tough tonight . Congratulation on a game well played.

East put the ball on the ground too many times--resulting in a blow out.

Maybe East will meet Greeneville again in the playoffs when it is not

raining.

John I thought this was a nice post and I posted a nice post back. Reread and......

WHEN IT IS NOT RAINING. you slid that in there and I didn't notice.

It is only greener on the other side of the fence. It rains on both sides.

No our players do not have webb between their fingers (1 Dlineman may have some between his toes)

We forgot to give our players umbrellas to take out on the field, just like you guys forgot.

And I guess we are a good dry weather team also.

We won straight up tonight and we may lose the next one straight up to you, but we are only dealing with tonight now.

I'm sure Barb can add a few other good reasons.

Again congrats on a great season and I hope you win them all till we meet again /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

First off: Congrats to GHS. You took care of the ball for the most part and did what you had to do to win and that is what counts.

Great improvements to the field. Your lighting looks dull with the turf like ours did the first year. Are they planning to upgrade that?

I would like to point out that I am ashamed of our administration for allowing our band and cheerleaders to miss this contest. Our fans showed up for the big game and our band and cheerleaders stayed home. That is a poor,poor showing.

What you saw happen last night by the dumb penalties and putting the ball on the ground is why we will exit the playoffs earlier than we should and why this team will never reach it's potential.

Once again..............congratulations to GHS. You beat us. I will not say "we beat ourselves" or anything about the rain. Those things are part of football and a team has to deal with and overcome those things. You did and we did not. My only hope is that we learn from this and my only fear is that we will not.

First off: Congrats to GHS. You took care of the ball for the most part and did what you had to do to win and that is what counts.

Great improvements to the field. Your lighting looks dull with the turf like ours did the first year. Are they planning to upgrade that?

I would like to point out that I am ashamed of our administration for allowing our band and cheerleaders to miss this contest. Our fans showed up for the big game and our band and cheerleaders stayed home. That is a poor,poor showing.

What you saw happen last night by the dumb penalties and putting the ball on the ground is why we will exit the playoffs earlier than we should and why this team will never reach it's potential.

Once again..............congratulations to GHS. You beat us. I will not say "we beat ourselves" or anything about the rain. Those things are part of football and a team has to deal with and overcome those things. You did and we did not. My only hope is that we learn from this and my only fear is that we will not.

Thanks for a gracious post. Our lighting is probably worse than yours the first year you went turf. Same dull problem, plus we moved the field about 25 feet which adds to the problem. Yes they are going to enhance the lighting. That's what I hear and I hope they do.

Get it back together and you guys will be OK the rest of the way out. 1st Round you will host at home, so that is good.

Canefan.....we have done this ALL season on a consistent basis regardless of the weather or competition level, and for the most part been able to overcome it because of superior talent.....but you see what happens when you play teams with equal or better talent like Fulton and Greeneville you get blown out. Hatchers offense is one that is effective but is a high risk because of all the misdirection and pitches and takes a great deal of dicipline and concentration....something that this team is lacking in despite quite a bit of talent at most positions IMO.

John I thought this was a nice post and I posted a nice post back. Reread and......

WHEN IT IS NOT RAINING. you slid that in there and I didn't notice.

It is only greener on the other side of the fence. It rains on both sides.

No our players do not have webb between their fingers (1 Dlineman may have some between his toes)

We forgot to give our players umbrellas to take out on the field, just like you guys forgot.

And I guess we are a good dry weather team also.

We won straight up tonight and we may lose the next one straight up to you, but we are only dealing with tonight now.

I'm sure Barb can add a few other good reasons.

Again congrats on a great season and I hope you win them all till we meet again /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

This game was clearly gonna be a defensive struggle primarily because of the weather. It was a foregone conclusion that it would be a ground game on both sides. Greeneville's D was clearly dominant...while East TO's were their undoing most were caused by big hits...particularly that 1 on the opening kick-off. Nice to have Brock Church back this week...2 picks...nice. Offensively, just too much Greeneway and Hall for the Cane D.

Please explain how East is not a class act. I have seen both SS and ME games the last 2 years and have not seen anything that would lead to your comment so please give details.

Cane, I'm not sure but he must be remembering the MoWest game at the Valley. They were very Ghetto in their manner. The cheerleader signs were terrible...no class at all. I don't recall anything of the sort from MoEast.