MORRISTOWN EAST VS GREENEVILLE

EASTFAN

Yeah unfortunately Duncan's all against his guys playing football. I believe Perkins came up here from Florida, and unless someone else steps up, he'll beat out Quarles for the QB job next year. As for Tanner down at GMS, he had a pretty good year, considering what he had to work with down there. They only ended up with one win on the season, they just didn't have enough playmakers to run the spread offense. I know they do that to let those kids get a foot up, for when they get to GHS, but I know it has to be rough on those kids not to win. Greeneville's future is very bright!

I'm sorry, Perkins can not beat out Quarles. Go Devils! East is talented, but will the weather bother them? Who knows? The Devils will be fine in the weather, ask Mercer County.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ron,

I believe that Cherokee will play in Region 2 because they would have a better possibility of making the playoffs. South and TN High are pretty much automatics for the playoffs so that leaves 4 or possibly 5 teams battling for position 3. I would take my chances having to beat Cocke Co., Seymour, and South Doyle. Feel free to use that on your website. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

You'll learn one day, sooner or later. No Ron here. The TSSAA doesn't use competitiveness as a basis for their district placements, so I guess we'll have to wait until November to truly know their reasoning. My district breakdown was just my opinion.

the best part of easts defense is their coverage howell has had a few picks demarcus is real fast in coverage and tyler wills is probably the best corner in the conference they ought to be able to contain greenway as well as anyone and offensively they block fairly well and with turner and tee the ought to have a field day on that defense but in the end it will be close

East-28 Greeneville-21

I hope East's D has gotten alot better since the Jamboree....i know everyone says its just a jamboree but East's coverage couldn't stop Ryan Fillers when it was man coverage and a jump ball to him probably 4 times. They couldn't stop Trevon Hall on the ground either and alot wasn't the defensive scheme it was Hall making people miss and breaking tackles. With that said i'm sure it will be a very exciting game and close like all the other East and Greeneville games

I hope East's D has gotten alot better since the Jamboree....i know everyone says its just a jamboree but East's coverage couldn't stop Ryan Fillers when it was man coverage and a jump ball to him probably 4 times. They couldn't stop Trevon Hall on the ground either and alot wasn't the defensive scheme it was Hall making people miss and breaking tackles. With that said i'm sure it will be a very exciting game and close like all the other East and Greeneville games

Well I am hopin' they haven't gotten better since the jamboree.... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Gee lets force greeneville to go to the ground attack... the trio of Hall, Greenway and now Spradlin has averaged a respectable 5 1/2 yds per carry. Greenway isn't easy to contain... he's mentally tough,focused, reads defense well and has done a good job picking up the blitz. Plus he's big enough to stand in there long enough to find the open receiver and can take a hit.

Yes but east definately has a better run game and it is supposed to be rainy playing in easts favor even more

well ive heard from some coaches that perkins will NOT be the stating quaterback...i say greeneville by 2 touchdowns...

I guess we'll just have to see who works harder to win the spot. I'm kinda hopin' this Perkins kid is the real deal cause Quarles hasn't impressed me on offense.

I second that Deezy. Unless there was major inprovements to the coverage it doesnt seem like its gonna be a problem. I know it was one quarter but still it was more that easy for greeneville to pass the ball on east in the jamboree. so as a greeneville fan i hope they stay up in man and we'll see how well the dbs are at the tight coverage. I say Greeneville-35, and East-21