MORRISTOWN EAST VS GREENEVILLE

EASTFAN

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off: Congrats to GHS. You took care of the ball for the most part and did what you had to do to win and that is what counts.

Great improvements to the field. Your lighting looks dull with the turf like ours did the first year. Are they planning to upgrade that?

I would like to point out that I am ashamed of our administration for allowing our band and cheerleaders to miss this contest. Our fans showed up for the big game and our band and cheerleaders stayed home. That is a poor,poor showing.

What you saw happen last night by the dumb penalties and putting the ball on the ground is why we will exit the playoffs earlier than we should and why this team will never reach it's potential.

Once again..............congratulations to GHS. You beat us. I will not say "we beat ourselves" or anything about the rain. Those things are part of football and a team has to deal with and overcome those things. You did and we did not. My only hope is that we learn from this and my only fear is that we will not.

We seemed too have a major problem with our FB holding on too the football. #38 has been putting

the ball on the ground all year. Canefan what is the problem? (Mo-West game & Greeneville) QB & the same

FB cannot get the hand off right. Losing James Howell didn't help. It looked like T-howell hurt himself again.

I still think we can make a run in the playoff. Coach Hatcher said in Todays newspaper that " some players

better come ready to work Monday. I trust that he will make the changes this team needs. If we keep turning

the ball over, this will be a short playoff run.

Note: Greeneville great job, you were the better team. I wish you guys the best of luck. I hope we

can have Morristown East vs Greeneville rematch in the 3rd round of the playoff. Maybe we will give

you a better game. GO CANES!

We seemed too have a major problem with our FB holding on too the football. #38 has been putting

the ball on the ground all year. Canefan what is the problem? (Mo-West game & Greeneville) QB & the same

FB cannot get the hand off right. Losing James Howell didn't help. It looked like T-howell hurt himself again.

I still think we can make a run in the playoff. Coach Hatcher said in Todays newspaper that " some players

better come ready to work Monday. I trust that he will make the changes this team needs. If we keep turning

the ball over, this will be a short playoff run.

Note: Greeneville great job, you were the better team. I wish you guys the best of luck. I hope we

can have Morristown East vs Greeneville rematch in the 3rd round of the playoff. Maybe we will give

you a better game. GO CANES!

From what I understand, every job is up for grabs. I have heard this before.

Practice should be conducted like a game situation. If you put the ball on the ground, you run. Jump off sides, you run. If you consistantly put the ball on the ground, you should not be handling it and it does not matter who you are. The jumbo package would have been perfect to see in that game due to the weather and size of the GHS D. Running up the gut is where we could have done some damage with our big backs. Just my opinion.

From what I understand, every job is up for grabs. I have heard this before.

Practice should be conducted like a game situation. If you put the ball on the ground, you run. Jump off sides, you run. If you consistantly put the ball on the ground, you should not be handling it and it does not matter who you are. The jumbo package would have been perfect to see in that game due to the weather and size of the GHS D. Running up the gut is where we could have done some damage with our big backs. Just my opinion.

What's up with Demarcus Knight? I was very un-impressed by him.

I saw him get trucked 2 or 3 times, and hardly ever did he go forward when making a tackle. Not being a homer but I believe Stewart hits harder than Knight does.

He is 6'3 225 and fast. He is a physical specimen and that is the hype. He does not read plays well and that is his problem. I follow this team closely and can tell you that he has a long way to go to be a D1 middle linebacker.

He is 6'3 225 and fast. He is a physical specimen and that is the hype. He does not read plays well and that is his problem. I follow this team closely and can tell you that he has a long way to go to be a D1 middle linebacker.

Maybe we should move Mr. Knight back too Outside linebacker or Defensive End. He wouldn't

have to think as much. 2 years ago, he took 1 side of the field away, playing Defensive End. With J-Howell

hurt, we may need to get him closer to the ball. I agree, with your take on our FB. We need a more

physical player. We can use #40,#35 or Mr. Knight. by using all 3 players, we wouldn't hurt the defense

with them getting worn down.

Keep me up-todate on practice this week. The jumbo package could have made the different. GO CANES!