Mcminn Central against Polk Co.

sportsman88

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After seeing both teams play against my Chiefs, and I know alot are not going to like the prediction, but I gotta go with Polk County, their defense is tough. Final prediction is 1.Howard, 2.Polk County, 3.McMinn Central, 4.East Ridge (unless Grundy pulls the upset this week).

You are crazy Mr. B...Polk D is tough, but I really think that Sequoyah offense was AWFUL against them...Chargers have too much talent and too much speed...Central by 14

you might have the score right, but you have the winner wrong. TO MUCH SPEED in my opinion.

i agree with you about the score, but work on the whole grammar thing..it'll get you somewhere in life..like somewhere better than posting on high school football team message boards...geez...TOO MUCH SPEED. and it's not that central's so much faster than polk, has nobody seen tyler lee? but they're a more um..???consistently fast??? team, where a lot of polk players think they can just run over everybody. you can't run over somebody you can't catch. and i'm sorry polk players, but the majority of you can't. BY THE WAY i enjoy you tank. you're such a good sport. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

After seeing both teams play against my Chiefs, and I know alot are not going to like the prediction, but I gotta go with Polk County, their defense is tough. Final prediction is 1.Howard, 2.Polk County, 3.McMinn Central, 4.East Ridge (unless Grundy pulls the upset this week).

Whether anyone likes your prediction or not, you're entitled to it.

But let me add based on your previous weekly predicitions that Sequoyah would win every game, you've lost any and all credibility to evaluate. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

A betting man would become rich if he had picked the exact opposite of your predictions. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Regardless of what happens in this game friday night, I think both teams have a lot to be proud of this year. Central was a pre-season favorite and have managed to keep it together even though they had some player issues throughout the year. Polk was not suppose to win as many games as they have because of lack of exerience and youth, but have come together and played as a real "Team" all year long. When teams can go through their season, gain some experience, learn the concept of unselfish play and have some fun then the winning that comes with that is just a bonus.

Derrick Davis does a wonderful job with his team, not only with the teaching of the game, but also with the teaching of how to conduct yourself on and off the field. He is very deserving of any success him or his team enjoys.

Whoever said Polk wasn't supposed to win as many games as they have didn't know what they were talking about anyway! With all due respect to your program, I believe any coach worth his salt could have taken your team and had the same W-L record with the schedule you've played.

To back up my statement, let's take a look at the record of the teams Polk has played so far - 22/44. That means the teams Polk has played thus far have an average winning percentage of 33% - with only 1 team they've played so far having a winning record. Take Howard (whom Polk lost to) out of that mix, and Polk's opponents have an average winning percentage of 25.8%. Now, as an example, if this was like playing in the SEC, Polk would have something to boast about. But Polk's region is a very weak one (just as Central's is), so Polk should easily make the playoffs most every year with just an average team.

This is not a knock on Coach Davis at all, he's a good coach. Just as Coach Derrick, and a very few others in this region are. Where these good coaches in this region benefit is that if they have just average-to-good talent, they can easily make the playoffs. The good coaches in this region have benefitted from having good programs and playing a weak schedule, thus making the playoffs an almost guarantee.

Unfortunately, which history has demonstrated, our region's top teams fold like a cheap towel when they play even the average teams from region 4. So, until most all the other teams from this region build stronger programs, with better coaching, nothing will change. That's just the facts.

Edited to say that the rivalries in this region are still entertaining, fierce, and enjoyable to watch!

Whoever said Polk wasn't supposed to win as many games as they have didn't know what they were talking about anyway! With all due respect to your program, I believe any coach worth his salt could have taken your team and had the same W-L record with the schedule you've played.

To back up my statement, let's take a look at the record of the teams Polk has played so far - 22/44. That means the teams Polk has played thus far have an average winning percentage of 33% - with only 1 team they've played so far having a winning record. Take Howard (whom Polk lost to) out of that mix, and Polk's opponents have an average winning percentage of 25.8%. Now, as an example, if this was like playing in the SEC, Polk would have something to boast about. But Polk's region is a very weak one (just as Central's is), so Polk should easily make the playoffs most every year with just an average team.

This is not a knock on Coach Davis at all, he's a good coach. Just as Coach Derrick, and a very few others in this region are. Where these good coaches in this region benefit is that if they have just average-to-good talent, they can easily make the playoffs. The good coaches in this region have benefitted from having good programs and playing a weak schedule, thus making the playoffs an almost guarantee.

Unfortunately, which history has demonstrated, our region's top teams fold like a cheap towel when they play even the average teams from region 4. So, until most all the other teams from this region build stronger programs, with better coaching, nothing will change. That's just the facts.

Edited to say that the rivalries in this region are still entertaining, fierce, and enjoyable to watch!

WOW! MAYBE YOU NEED TO TRY AND BE A COACH, SINCE YOU THINK NO ONE AROUND HERE IS GOOD ENOUGH! MAYBE YOU NEED TO STAND BEHIND THESE COACHES THAT SPEND EVERY WAKING HOUR DURING FOOTBALL SEASON WITH THE PLAYERS INSTEAD OF THEIR FAMILIES INSTEAD OF TRASHING THEM. WE MAY NOT ALWAYS MEASURE UP TO REGION 4, BUT THAT DOES NOT ALWAYS MEAN IT IS THE COACHES' FAULT. YOU GET ON HERE AND BRAG ON ONE COACH IN ONE BLOG, THEN I'LL GO TO ANOTHER BLOG AND YOU ARE TRASHING THE SAME COACH. MAYBE YOU DON'T KNOW AS MUCH ABOUT FOOTBALL AS YOU THINK! UNTIL YOU'VE WALKED A MILE IN COACHES' SHOES, DON'T BASH!!! THEY ARE A DEDICATED BUNCH THAT HAVE TO PUT UP WITH PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO ARE SITTING THERE IN FRONT OF THE COMPUTER INSTEAD OF BEING THERE EVERYDAY FOR THESE PLAYERS!

i will be glad to get five six bucks worth going to this game. up until this point central has played a bunch on schmuck teams and i have felt cheated lol. im ready to see what they are made of. im pretty sure they MIGHT be a legit team. but after watching them dance on the sidelines half the fourth quarter and what looked like almost a scuffle at halftime going into the lockerroom(not sure what happened so thats as far as i will go with that.if anyone knows more please do inform) i kind of get the feeling they have the big head. im just ready to see a good football game and i believe you will get one friday night. the match-up between starr and qualls should be the highlight of this game.

NOT THAT I CAN READ A LOT OF YOUR ENGLISH, BUT REMEMBER THAT CENTRAL ALMOST GOT BEAT BY ONE OF THOSE "SCHMUCH" TEAMS IN EAST RIDGE. DON'T GET OVER CONFIDENT!!

WOW! MAYBE YOU NEED TO TRY AND BE A COACH, SINCE YOU THINK NO ONE AROUND HERE IS GOOD ENOUGH! MAYBE YOU NEED TO STAND BEHIND THESE COACHES THAT SPEND EVERY WAKING HOUR DURING FOOTBALL SEASON WITH THE PLAYERS INSTEAD OF THEIR FAMILIES INSTEAD OF TRASHING THEM. WE MAY NOT ALWAYS MEASURE UP TO REGION 4, BUT THAT DOES NOT ALWAYS MEAN IT IS THE COACHES' FAULT. YOU GET ON HERE AND BRAG ON ONE COACH IN ONE BLOG, THEN I'LL GO TO ANOTHER BLOG AND YOU ARE TRASHING THE SAME COACH. MAYBE YOU DON'T KNOW AS MUCH ABOUT FOOTBALL AS YOU THINK! UNTIL YOU'VE WALKED A MILE IN COACHES' SHOES, DON'T BASH!!! THEY ARE A DEDICATED BUNCH THAT HAVE TO PUT UP WITH PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO ARE SITTING THERE IN FRONT OF THE COMPUTER INSTEAD OF BEING THERE EVERYDAY FOR THESE PLAYERS!

I can see that my message went right over your head. Read it again with someone wiser and have them help you to comprehend it this time. Then you'll see that it wasn't disrespectful at all - just the facts. Because you may not like the truth, doesn't mean it's not true if it doesn't fir your agenda.

By the way, I have coached.

"CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG" everybody wants to talk numbers so let's do. If I have done the math correctly, Coach Davis since being at PC has a .660 winning % does a good job with limited talent love the man for the respect and competion brings to game. Coach Derrick has a .689 winning % at MC. Now people get on here and bash him for his lack of dis. Well not saying I am a big fan of everything that has went on but give the man credit for taking not a dying program but a dead one and bringing it back. Any coach I don't care who he is will tell you taking over a new program is tuffest thing to do. On the average it takes 3 years to insteal your values and philospy into players starting with your first freshman class. You have to get rid of all habbits good or bad left by your exiting coach.As far as letting the drug dealing players stay on your talking about one kid who a coach refused to give upon as a person. But when that kid forced the coaches hand. He was delt with promptly. If Brandon just wanted to win or if he was planning on leaving as has been told we would still be watching the " drug dealer". Sorry to take up so much time please forgive the spelling.

Central 48 Polk 14

YE'OUCH!!! Hear that dog yelp!!! Believe you struck him, and hard! Course, if that's "Tigerchow" as in Meigs, he's probably just stone bruised from a hard season. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Soooooooo.... when are your boys transferring to Polk?

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />