Cyclones vs. South

nomore

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Greeneville announced its staying in AA next year but has requested to be placed in region 1. Any thoughts?

Has the TSSAA giving the thumbs up for it? It would benefit Greeneville to play in that region.

From TSSAA:

Schools Moving Up in Classification and Football classes will be posted at 3:30 pm (cst) Today

That's in 8 minutes. Hopefully we'll know where some of the other schools stand.

The Cyclones are 0-4 against big physical teams (Science Hill, Dobyns-Bennett, Sullivan North, and Tennessee High). I hope they can keep it close, but South appears to be the class of the league. Stranger things have happened, but the Cyclones will need a lot of breaks to beat the Rebels. You never know......Go Cyclones!!!!!

The Cyclones are 0-4 against big physical teams (Science Hill, Dobyns-Bennett, Sullivan North, and Tennessee High). I hope they can keep it close, but South appears to be the class of the league. Stranger things have happened, but the Cyclones will need a lot of breaks to beat the Rebels. You never know......Go Cyclones!!!!!

you call North a big physical team???

I did not get to see the North game. I know they like to pound it on the ground. Maybe they are least big or physical?

Don't get me wrong North has a pretty decent team this year.....well atleast for North anyways but (IMO) to compare them to science hill, DB, or Tn. High /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> they look about like central or unicoi county. North is just to one demisional with there running game! if they could pick up on there passing game then i believe they might be capable 2 makin it to the 2nd round...maybe. but this will be my last post about North atleast til we see them again.

but from my understanding Betsy held their on for a little while against DB so somethin must be workin right for them, can you give us any information on there key playmakers ?

After the East game, I had circled this week as a real trap game for the Rebels. I thought the Mason Dixon bowl would be emotional as North had their best team in recent memory. It shaped up as a classic battle of styles and I was surprised that South's D was able to dominate the Raiders as they did. It did shape up as great entertainment (just look how much energy has been spent on the game, the pregame, the running up the score, the need to play starters, #2 for North, the nonhandshake, etc).

I also thought Betsy would look much more competitive than they did against North and THS. In fact, I was very surprised by the up front domination by the Raiders and Vikings. Betsy has skill people who are very dangerous but appears to have problems up front. Have their lines been hit by injuries? Is there some issue in the program that has cropped up? They really have not looked like the same team the last two weeks as in the first part of the season. The Cyclones were pretty competitive against SH and fairly competitive against DB; the last two games have

With Betsy and North laying an egg last week, South and THS are the only possibilities for Conference Champions. Betsy, North, and JC are in the battle for the last two spots. North is in control of their own destiny. JC's hopes rest solely on Prudhomme's health; the final game of the season in Mountain City will be war with the Golden Raiders. Betsy must hope for a North win. The Cyclone win over JC earlier looms big.

I predict a closer game than many - South by 21 (and yes, Coach Norris, the starters play well into the 4th quarter). South has had a lot of distractions this week (winning an emotional ballgame and all the post game hype, signing the deal with Gate City, new classifications coming out this week, the reality that the hype for the THS game has already started). Not as big a trap game as I thought a month ago. But, that is why we play the games.

It always seems that Betsy plays South well. At least for a while. Remember last year, a bad Betsy team played WELL over their heads for the first twenty minutes. The last 28, not so much.

Betsy will match up better against South than they did against THS or North. But I still don't see the Cyclones stopping the run. Especially with 3 D-lineman. Its just not gonna happen.

South had an emotional (from what I've seen on here) weekend and will be looking ahead at the Vikes. EHS will jump on them again. But like last year, South will come roaring back.

Key for the Cyclones: NO TURNOVERS!!!

Key for South: Play all 48 minutes (starters at least the first 36)

South - 49

EHS - 28

GO CYCLONES!!!