Cookeville @ Lincoln County

Mr. Heisman

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

refs didn't lose the game for cookeville the cavs just didnt play well. But the refs were terrible. Hopefully we'll see the falcons in playoff. Good luck the rest of the way.

At some point in the season, every team has had to deal with officiating in some form or context. The good teams push that aside and dont allow it to even be fodder for an excuse by winning.

No they can't. I remember that game well as it was the FIRST time R'dale ever lost on their own field. I also remember the re-match in the playoffs when R'dale went to the Pit and WON, so it can and has been done. If there was ever going to be bias by the refs it would have been in that game!

Is there 'home cooking' there by the refs? I would say NO, but that is just my opinion.

We have beaten LC at the PITT too......

All in all, this was a very hard fought tough hitting High School game that both sides can be proud of. Worst thing about this game was the last 5 min. when the zebras on the field totally lost their bearing and blatently show how poor of a crew they are. Yes there were calls (as always) to both sides but honestly. They call holding against a Cavs wide reciever as the defender pulls him to the ground coming off the line. They call first down even after spotting the ball a yard short.... The marker was on the line. Some would question why the Cavs coach got no flag? Obviously the zebras knew he was right in his anger. Any other time I am sure he would have been tossed off the field and possibly out of the game. Who actually called Cookeville's last time out. Was not aware LC could do that for them but obviously they did since there was no call from the Cookville side. Again, I take nothing from LC, you guys are a good team with some great talent. Your number 3 is one hard fighting young man. He was rocked, and remained on the field 3 additional plays before leaving. I just wish there were tighter controls from these officiating crews to check their ability to call an unbias game. Of course I am a Cavs fan through and through and believe they were the better team, but they turned the ball over and come up short on two 4th downs so that in itself is practically impossible to overcome. If both teams play as they did last night (short of the C-ville turnovers) few teams in UT will match up with them.

again it was the refs it was this it was that not many can hag withus we are the better team excuses excuses cause L.C. just did and i beleive they BEAT you

You and Sadler are regular comedians..... I will be looking for you on Comedy Central (NOT!!!!) The only person that works on Lincoln County's field is Coach Thompson, and although I wasn't at the game, I am sure he was not on the field officiating the game Friday night. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> For a player to walk off the field and not shake anyone's hand is classless. It doesn't matter what the other team does to you, it is up to you to be the bigger person and shake their hand anyway, that is what class is all about. To say the LC players were taunting, or whatever you want to say, does not matter. If he were truly a class player, he would have shaken their hands and walked off the field with his head held high, like Coach Joslin has coached him to do! And to say that LC gets dominated all over the state except for at home is another one of your non funny jokes. They have won at Cookeville, and, to the best of my knowledge, THE FALCONS WERE THE FIRST TEAM TO EVER BEAT RIVERDALE ON THEIR HOME FIELD....... Can Cookeville claim that?????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

My oh My..LC people are awfully cocky!!! I wouldn't be that confident if i were you. Lets just see how the playoffs go. You still have next week and so do the Cavs. Never know how things could turn out on any given Friday night!

My oh My..LC people are awfully cocky!!! I wouldn't be that confident if i were you. Lets just see how the playoffs go. You still have next week and so do the Cavs. Never know how things could turn out on any given Friday night!

There is nothing cocky about that thread "Bubba". The point made was that some thought LC didn't show any classs when the Cavs had a player that refused to shake hands with any of the LC players or coaches after the game. That is what is classless. I am sure coach Joslin will address that in his own way. As far as being confident, why shouldn't we be, Lincoln County is the 2008 Region 3-5A Champions!!!!!!!!! Let me hear it from the rest of the Falcon faithful!!!!

again it was the refs it was this it was that not many can hag withus we are the better team excuses excuses cause L.C. just did and i beleive they BEAT you

Wow if I could understand what you attempted to say, I could offer some reply. Read again, I do believe I said LC has one tough football team and yes the scoreboard is what matters in the end. Cookeville could hardly expect to win when they turn the ball over twice and cannot score on 4th and one in their own red zone. I know Coach J looks forward to an opportunity to play again this year but if not it is good to know we can compete in the same Region. Right now every team has to focus on this comming Friday and only this comming Friday. Those who were there (were you?) on each side saw some pathetic calls in both directions but all in all, everyone is correct, it happens to all teams at various times. Good teams will always rise to the occasion every now and again.

Congratulations LC AND Coach Thompson! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The bright spot is you will not have to face R'dale in a re-match. The dark spot is you will probably get to face Oakland!

Riverdale isn't anything this year...might have been good to face them, but they won't even make the play offs.

I will say that this is the best coached and played game of the year. The players seemed to really to work together. I saw a greater variety of plays and more spirit and enthusiasm than I have seen all year. Coach T showed he still has it and our players proved others wrong when they said on here there wasn't any talent in LC anymore. Our team and hallways are littered with talent and if Coach T continues to use a larger variety of plays and substitute as he did at the Cookville game, thus showing the depth of his bench, I think LC will be hard to beat in the playoffs. We can't get conservative now, we have to strike and strike hard. Practice harder, draw new plays and as a community, come together in Falcon spirit to root our team on!