Cookeville @ Lincoln County

Mr. Heisman

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations LC AND Coach Thompson! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The bright spot is you will not have to face R'dale in a re-match. The dark spot is you will probably get to face Oakland!

Provided Oakland can beat Warren Co in the 1st round or Cookeville in the 2nd round...........

I have confidence in y'all making it that far. Biggest question for me is where will I be going to see the game. Will it be LC Hamburgers or Oakland Hotdogs? Both are excellent so the game will be a plus to a good meal.

Dont get me wrong, but I pray to high heavens that this theoretical game would be at LC. I long for a game at THE PIT. Never should have taken them off the schedule to begin with

All in all, this was a very hard fought tough hitting High School game that both sides can be proud of. Worst thing about this game was the last 5 min. when the zebras on the field totally lost their bearing and blatently show how poor of a crew they are. Yes there were calls (as always) to both sides but honestly. They call holding against a Cavs wide reciever as the defender pulls him to the ground coming off the line. They call first down even after spotting the ball a yard short.... The marker was on the line. Some would question why the Cavs coach got no flag? Obviously the zebras knew he was right in his anger. Any other time I am sure he would have been tossed off the field and possibly out of the game. Who actually called Cookeville's last time out. Was not aware LC could do that for them but obviously they did since there was no call from the Cookville side. Again, I take nothing from LC, you guys are a good team with some great talent. Your number 3 is one hard fighting young man. He was rocked, and remained on the field 3 additional plays before leaving. I just wish there were tighter controls from these officiating crews to check their ability to call an unbias game. Of course I am a Cavs fan through and through and believe they were the better team, but they turned the ball over and come up short on two 4th downs so that in itself is practically impossible to overcome. If both teams play as they did last night (short of the C-ville turnovers) few teams in UT will match up with them.