7AAA

spartaman

Of interest in prep sport coverage in the Boro for the DNJ, Tom Kreager of the Tennessean has been named the Sports Editior for Preps for the DNJ. He replaces Roger Garfield who did a fine job in his stint with the DNJ.

I hated that Roger left he did a really good job with high school sports and writing about teams

Phargis i do not think i am going to have too much to worry about regarding blackman their defense may be good but our offense is better than theirs and so is our offense so i do not think this game will be near as close as some of you think it will be id say 10-15 points...but that is going by what i saw during the summer out of blackman so i could be wrong i will be there supporting my LADY WARRIORS

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RD, you are likely right but did you expect Blackman to be leading the District at this time in the season. You had posted earlier about seeing Blackman play in the summer, was that a playday game? At this time, it would appear that RD and Cookeville may be favored for the district but things are sure tightening up. White and Blackman are sure improving with White coming hard.

RD, you are likely right but did you expect Blackman to be leading the District at this time in the season. You had posted earlier about seeing Blackman play in the summer, was that a playday game? At this time, it would appear that RD and Cookeville may be favored for the district but things are sure tightening up. White and Blackman are sure improving with White coming hard.

I shall see tomorrow as far as leading district it is tough to go to cookeville and win so 2 games into it i am not worried i am not sure who blackman played but wasnt one of them warren county

AAAAHHHHH YYYYEEEEESSSSSSS !!!!!! The "SWAMI" has arrived !!! Please ! Please !! Everyone control yourselves and be seated. It's time once again for the all-insightful "SWAMI" to make his fearless predictions for Tues. Jan. 6th district matchups. "SWAMI" will try and improve on his stellar (6-2 record). In a great match-up of Boro teams Riverdale will invade Blackman and come away with a hard fought 9 point victory over a very dangerous Blackman squad. White County will make their short trip up to Cookeville and will lose for the first time this year (IN Tenn.) by their unability to handle Cookeville's size and home-court. Cookeville by 5. Siegel will travel over to Oakland and will come away with a 15 point victory in a tune-up for that monster boys game to follow. And finally, Lebanon will come into Warren County and get a much needed win, by slipping past my Lady Pioneers. Too much pressure and too much Elie, Lebanon by 11. The SWAMI" has spoken !! Read em and weep.

Riverdale by 10

White Co. by 1 (Upset Special)

Siegel by 13

Lebanon by 13

I shall see tomorrow as far as leading district it is tough to go to cookeville and win so 2 games into it i am not worried i am not sure who blackman played but wasnt one of them warren county

So uh........ What exactly are you saying RD ? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

RD, you are right in that one was Warren County and the other was Lebanon. Not quite sure what you are saying either. Both of these schools are worthy opponents, Warren is down now but will be capable and as far as Lebanon, I don't know of anyone who wants to face them at the end of any year. They have left many teams in the dust with their play the last 4 years at the end of the year. If you are saying that these teams play at the first of the season has not been good and is a reflection on the Blackman record, it could be true but in December, all 7AAA teams have raised their level of play and will be reflected in the rest of the season. This realistically means, if you are in 7 now and are not careful, your record can drop quickly and conversely the way the District plays now, schools have got to be ready to play every night.

RD, you are right in that one was Warren County and the other was Lebanon. Not quite sure what you are saying either. Both of these schools are worthy opponents, Warren is down now but will be capable and as far as Lebanon, I don't know of anyone who wants to face them at the end of any year. They have left many teams in the dust with their play the last 4 years at the end of the year. If you are saying that these teams play at the first of the season has not been good and is a reflection on the Blackman record, it could be true but in December, all 7AAA teams have raised their level of play and will be reflected in the rest of the season. This realistically means, if you are in 7 now and are not careful, your record can drop quickly and conversely the way the District plays now, schools have got to be ready to play every night.

Warren County was embarassed by Lebanon at home tonight 67-44 in a game that wasn't as close as the whopping 23 point spread it turned out to be. I.Elie might have played a quarter and a half , if she played that much. Lebanon could have won this game by 50 points easily, hats off to the Lebanon Coach for having pity on us.

AAAAHHHHH YYYYEEEEESSSSSSS !!!!!! The "SWAMI" has arrived !!! Please ! Please !! Everyone control yourselves and be seated. It's time once again for the all-insightful "SWAMI" to make his fearless predictions for Tues. Jan. 6th district matchups. "SWAMI" will try and improve on his stellar (6-2 record). In a great match-up of Boro teams Riverdale will invade Blackman and come away with a hard fought 9 point victory over a very dangerous Blackman squad. White County will make their short trip up to Cookeville and will lose for the first time this year (IN Tenn.) by their unability to handle Cookeville's size and home-court. Cookeville by 5. Siegel will travel over to Oakland and will come away with a 15 point victory in a tune-up for that monster boys game to follow. And finally, Lebanon will come into Warren County and get a much needed win, by slipping past my Lady Pioneers. Too much pressure and too much Elie, Lebanon by 11. The SWAMI" has spoken !! Read em and weep.

Swami, everybody is controlling themselves and after tonites results, some may have passed out from sheer exhaustion. Blackman did ruin your perfect record and even others on this forum thought trhis might happen also as I suspect Coach Hibdon threw one of his monster killer defenses on Riverdale, and he is known for doing that, and Blackman did it again and beat Riverdale 54-51 and Riverdaleman is crying all the way thru the Boys game and I wouldn't blame him. This was a big loss but in the Battle of the Boro's, Coaching and player tallent and Rivalries evens up the whole series of play. These are teriffic series. Lebanon did beat Warren and 14 thought the game was conceded in the first quarter and Lebanon played their reserves the last three quarters as I. Elie went on a tear for a quarter and a half. Cookeville did come to play and all the White County fans will have their story as how this happened but just guessing, Helton and Johnson had great games and White's defense could not hold down the offense of Cookeville. Cookeville 48, White 39. Evidently the trash talk at the Oakland/siegel game stopped at the gym door and siegel smashed Oakland in a game that was supposed to be closer than 31 points. Which brings up a question, just how good is siegel? They elevated their game high enough tonite. The next three games will begin to tell where the Stars belong and they are playing pretty well. it may not have but this game likely had an effect on the Monster Boys game. So Swami, you are pretty good and that record is climbing. This was a big nite for 7AAA girls basketball.

Blaze played awesome.. I have never seen them in their past 4 years play like they did tonight. Fans, coaches, and players were so impressed. Shelby Campbell is a rising star. She is a point guard, and I'm not sure there is another one in the district that can come close to her. Tiera Norris and Kelsey Nowlin are just sophomores and are showing up like they own the place. Blackman is going to do big things this your. Way to go Blaze!!!!

(They even go their student section to stand up..Which isn't normal for a girl's game)

Blaze played awesome.. I have never seen them in their past 4 years play like they did tonight. Fans, coaches, and players were so impressed. Shelby Campbell is a rising star. She is a point guard, and I'm not sure there is another one in the district that can come close to her. Tiera Norris and Kelsey Nowlin are just sophomores and are showing up like they own the place. Blackman is going to do big things this your. Way to go Blaze!!!!

(They even go their student section to stand up..Which isn't normal for a girl's game)

Any details on the game?

Very proud of the Lady Blaze tonight. They held on for a very tough victory over Riverdale. These two teams are very even. Riverdale will probably win when they play at Riverdale, but tonight was Blackmans night. I believe this was the breakthrough game the Lady Blaze needed to start to be considered a serious contender for the district title instead of just the dangerous team that might be able to upset somebody. They will lose some games and may not win the district but they will definitely be a factor. Big ups to Shelby Campbell. What a game. I believe she ended up with 18 points and is a terrific leader. I haven't seen a better point guard all year than her. Also, Kelsey Nowlin was terrific. Blackman is a very young team. I'm not sure how many seniors they are playing but I don't believe it is many. The whole team played terrific tonight and Chad Hibdon has done wonders with this team. They are deep and the whole team seems to have ice water running thru their veins. Great job Blackman.