7AAA

spartaman

OP has been one of the most knowledgable posters on this site until he disappeared some time back only to just appear ever so often. As many of you may have noticed, not many posts from the school who has in the past, been great in Girls Basketball but suspect he/she has been on football lately. OP, come around more often and fill us in more about the Pats.

Eh, it looks like you guys have it pretty well covered, so no need for me to interject that often /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we are in agreement here. If mine came across different, I am sorry.

Keeping to the Girls Basketball thread, when I saw them play, they worked hard and fought hard. I never saw any of the "give up" attitude that a few attributed to the Lady Pioneers dissatisfaction with their coach. I know that this is not the general attitude of the WC fans,but as negative as that thread turned there at the end, I think that it just snowballed and it needed to be shut down.

I don't know the situation well enough to comment on what appears to be the politics of the situation. Before any one jumps on the next statement, it is just an observation. In the game that I saw, I thought the coach did an ok job during the game. Whether it be basketball, softball, soccer,volleyball or badmitton, sometimes the coach asks players to make adjustments during the game, that are the right idea, but left to the ability of the player to execute. Not necessarily a talent thing, sometimes you just have a bad day individually and/or collectively.

I think that the realignment is going to hurt those left in Rutherford County. In my opinion not making the bus trip, knowing that you are going to have to get off the bus after an hour or so, and play a high quality opponent may hurt the preparation for regional play come tournament time in all sports. All my best future wishes for those currently in 7AAA.

"Keeperfan15" , I don't blame you or OP or any other poster about their felings concerning the WARREN COUNTY THREAD. You simply don't know what you are talking about. Who else in 7aaa girls Basketball has 11.000 hits concerning their team ? Who else , besides maybe "PHargis" , knows the history of the Lady Pioneer Program ?? I ask former State Championship Coach at Warren County Bobby Haile if he thought Warren County was a GOLD MINE ready to be harvested ? He said ABSOLUTELEY !!! Let me enlighten those, who obviously have NO CLUE about the HISTORY of Lady PIUONEER Basketball. We went to the state 4 times during the decade of the 70's , going to the finals 3 times and winning one in 1979. ( Which was during Coach Haile's tenure). WE have a Coach now, that is the twin sibiling of our A.D. (Andy Jacobs). Our current Coach , Ann Jacobs Eades, has had TWO TRIES AT BECOMING A HIGH SCHOO BASKETBALL COACH, and has failed MISERABLY in both stints. She lost nearly 40 district games , in a row, in her first stint and is well on her way to equalling that , in HER SECOND STINT , AS TRYING TO BE A HIGH SCHOOL COACH, in a place that deserves better. Coach Ann Jacobs Eades is well on her way to 300 carrer loses , and could not possibly land another 3aaa position anywhere in the Midstate. SO, DON'T COME ON HERE AND TELL THE "SWAMI" OR ANY OTHER WARREN COUNTY FAN , that we have to settle for "STATUS QUO" The "SWAMI" has spoken !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Waited around for the Swami and he may be on another site but I'll be a poor substitute for his picks but here goes. Blackman/Oakland will be a better game than one thinks and on top of that a real Battle in the Boro. Blackman has too much and oakland does not have much fire power but a lot of effort. Blackman by 18. Cookeville at Warren will be tough on the Pioneers as Cookeville will play all they have and so will Warren. Cookeville by 24.

Siegel @Lebanon. This will be a great matchup Siegel by 14. White at Riverdale. Great matchup but RD has too much rebounding for White. Riverdale by 9.

AAAHHHH YYYYYEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!! The "SWAMI" is here once again !!! And after a (3-1) Tuesday night ( Congrats to Siegel on their clutch win) The "SWAMI" now stands at (35-9) for the year. The "SWAMI" sees Fridays games going as follows : White County will get back on track as they travel into the "BORO" and play Oakland. White County by 8. Siegel will continue their winning ways at the expense of my Lady Pioneers in McMinnville, Siegel by 16. Lebanon will play at Riverdale , and will find one red-hot team peaking at just the right time of year in Riverdale, The Lady Warriors wins this game by 24. And Finally, in the game of the night, Cookeville will travel into the "BORO" to play Blackman. Cookeville won the first contest by 2 points, this time round, Blackman will prevail. Blackman by 6. The"SWAMI" has spoken !! Read em and weep.

AAAAHHHHHHHHHH YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!! The "SWAMI" is HERE !!! Thanks for the promo "PHARGIS " !! After a (3-1) Tuesday night. ( Congrats to leaque-leading Cookeville) the "SWAMI" now stands at (38-10) for the year. The "SWAMI" sees Friday games gooning as follows : Blackman will defeat Oakland by 16. Siegel will go over to Lebanon and find Eli and company tough, but will return to the "BORO" with the 4 point victory. White County will invade RED-HOT Riverdale, and will NOT enjoy their stay, as Riverdale will avenge an earlier loss to White County. Riverdale by 17. AND finally, Cookeville will play defensive-less Warren County in McMinnville, and will return to Cookeville with the 35 point victory in hand. The "SWAMI" has spoken !! Read em and weep.

"Keeperfan15" , I don't blame you or OP or any other poster about their felings concerning the WARREN COUNTY THREAD. You simply don't know what you are talking about. Who else in 7aaa girls Basketball has 11.000 hits concerning their team ? Who else , besides maybe "PHargis" , knows the history of the Lady Pioneer Program ?? I ask former State Championship Coach at Warren County Bobby Haile if he thought Warren County was a GOLD MINE ready to be harvested ? He said ABSOLUTELEY !!! Let me enlighten those, who obviously have NO CLUE about the HISTORY of Lady PIUONEER Basketball. We went to the state 4 times during the decade of the 70's , going to the finals 3 times and winning one in 1979. ( Which was during Coach Haile's tenure). WE have a Coach now, that is the twin sibiling of our A.D. (Andy Jacobs). Our current Coach , Ann Jacobs Eades, has had TWO TRIES AT BECOMING A HIGH SCHOO BASKETBALL COACH, and has failed MISERABLY in both stints. She lost nearly 40 district games , in a row, in her first stint and is well on her way to equalling that , in HER SECOND STINT , AS TRYING TO BE A HIGH SCHOOL COACH, in a place that deserves better. Coach Ann Jacobs Eades is well on her way to 300 carrer loses , and could not possibly land another 3aaa position anywhere in the Midstate. SO, DON'T COME ON HERE AND TELL THE "SWAMI" OR ANY OTHER WARREN COUNTY FAN , that we have to settle for "STATUS QUO" The "SWAMI" has spoken !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not siding with the decision to close the thread, I am just telling you why they probably chose to do so. As a formed mod, I can tell you what they look for, and anything that is remotely considered as coach bashing, whether it be justified or not, is not going to be looked at with favorable intentions. I have family in that area, so I try to stay in the know, and would absolutely love if both programs could get back on the up and up. Girls probably have a better chance than the guys would at this juncture, although moving to a different district will help.

Last try. If I have offended any WC fans due to my comments, I sincerely apologize. My thoughts on the thread dealt mostly with the way some portrayed the players themselves. While closed, those interested can still read the comments. As before, I wish all current 7AAA the best possible seasons in the years to come.

Edited because yesterday was a rough day.

Waited around for the Swami and he may be on another site but I'll be a poor substitute for his picks but here goes. Blackman/Oakland will be a better game than one thinks and on top of that a real Battle in the Boro. Blackman has too much and oakland does not have much fire power but a lot of effort. Blackman by 18. Cookeville at Warren will be tough on the Pioneers as Cookeville will play all they have and so will Warren. Cookeville by 24.

Lebanon @Siegel. This will be a great matchup Siegel by 14. White at Riverdale. Great matchup but RDhas too much boards for White. Riverdale by 9.

SIEGEL IS AT LEDANON ON TODAY IS THAT CORRECT PLEASE REPLY

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

i

These rankings are updated continuously and are based only on scores reported to CoachT.com.

Women's Basketball

Division I Class AAA Region 4 District 8

Rank Team W-L

Record Win

Percentage

1 Shelbyville 11-0 100.00%

2 Lawrence Co. 9-2 81.80%

3 Lincoln Co. 6-4 60.00%

4 Franklin Co. 6-5 54.50%

5 Columbia 3-8 27.30%

6 Coffee Co. 2-9 18.20%

7 Tullahoma 1-10 9.10%

i

These rankings are updated continuously and are based only on scores reported to CoachT.com.

Women's Basketball

Division I Class AAA Region 4 District 8

Rank Team W-L

Record Win

Percentage

1 Shelbyville 11-0 100.00%

2 Lawrence Co. 9-2 81.80%

3 Lincoln Co. 6-4 60.00%

4 Franklin Co. 6-5 54.50%

5 Columbia 3-8 27.30%

6 Coffee Co. 2-9 18.20%

7 Tullahoma 1-10 9.10%

According to the coacht Strength and Success ratings, Shelbyville is first in the ratings in Strength and 10th in the Success Ratings.