7AAA

spartaman

Campbell is not a ball hog. She is the point guard. The offense runs thru her. She is also the leader of the team. She does an excellent job of running the offense. If anything, she may be too unselfish and may need to look for her shot a little more, especially from 3. Blackman does not have any problems, I believe they were the forgot about team at the beginning of the year and I believe they were better than other teams thought they were at the time. Now they are going back thru teams that they snuck up on and they are ready for Blackman. They are prepared for the defense that Blackman throws up on teams now. If you notice they gave up 51 points to Siegel and around 58 or 60 to Riverdale (I forgot the score of that game). Earlier in the year they were giving up 35 - 45 points a game. Players that need to step up for Blackman besides Campbell are T'Anna Overton, Kelsey Nowlin, Tierra Norris, and Katie Smith (if healthy). Dorsett will give them a 3 or two a game but thats about it. Another player that could step up and did play very good against Siegel is Chelsia Hall.

Its all good. In areas folks are doing a better job against the Lady Blaze than they did the first time through. There are also things that we are doing better as well. Starting to work the ball in low is pulling defense into the paint and giving a few more open looks from the 3 range. Honestly, we caught some folks off guard during the first half of the season. We also benefited from some of their players nursing injuries, much like we are doing now in more than just a few ladies. One of the things that I am most proud of is that I have seen each and every one you mention and each and every one that was not mentioned step it up in a game this year. It may have only been for a moment, or a few minutes, but each and every one is capable. That only spells good things to come. Like all the players in 7AAA, they play for a great school, great fans, and dedicated hard working coaches that are good people.

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BBisthesport-

not only do I disagree with every slam you made against blackman- i know for fact that you are failing to see the contributions both campbell and dorsett contribute to that team. campbell is a work horse and constantly works on her game, and dorsett is the leadership that the team needs to be successful. Without these two individuals, Blackman would not be the same team you have witnessed this season. As for your comments on coach hibdon, most of the blackman community would have to disagree. Not only is he a coach with the team's best intentions in mind, he also goes out of his way to see after the girls in the classroom. The entire blackman coaching staff works dilligently to ensure success for the program. All of your proposed "remedies" to fix Blackman basketball is just a method of slamming a great group of girls and coaches. So they didn't win last night, last time I checked they are still up in the district rankings. Why "fix" something that isn't broken?

Campbell is not a ball hog. She is the point guard. The offense runs thru her. She is also the leader of the team. She does an excellent job of running the offense. If anything, she may be too unselfish and may need to look for her shot a little more, especially from 3. Blackman does not have any problems, I believe they were the forgot about team at the beginning of the year and I believe they were better than other teams thought they were at the time. Now they are going back thru teams that they snuck up on and they are ready for Blackman. They are prepared for the defense that Blackman throws up on teams now. If you notice they gave up 51 points to Siegel and around 58 or 60 to Riverdale (I forgot the score of that game). Earlier in the year they were giving up 35 - 45 points a game. Players that need to step up for Blackman besides Campbell are T'Anna Overton, Kelsey Nowlin, Tierra Norris, and Katie Smith (if healthy). Dorsett will give them a 3 or two a game but thats about it. Another player that could step up and did play very good against Siegel is Chelsia Hall.

One thing that has been noticed about Blackman all year is the amount of players that play each game, 9-10. White has done the same thing as well as Riverdale, Lebanon and to think about it most all schools heve developed their bench this year. With this many players,CC has many options.

my point is i do not think there is a RIVERDALE teacher that is an official I do not know of any teachers that officiate

Thanks for the update with your reply. As you already know RHS has a huge faculty and the turn over there happens fairly often. I know of one recent such turn over that envolved a teacher/tssaa official and got to see this person in action at a recent play day this year so it's possible it could have been a former teacher, don't know for sure. Do you know if TSSAA has any guidelines to govern such actions? I could see how any connections would cause biased opinion with sports and good competition.

While I do see some question about a teacher who might officiate in a Schools game, I really don't see a problem in a teacher or any employee of a system or for that matter of the TSSAA officiating if they are qualified. That person might want to disqualify themself of officiating in their school games for a couple of reason.both related to the pressure from constituants. Not because he/she would do something wrong but officiating could make someone think he/she is. A good official is a good official. One could pick about the matter and say if two Officials Organizations provide and assign officials for games during the year and the one who assigns does so because it is closer to the assigned area and in the vicinity of one of the schools, there could be some complaint also but so what, that's the way its set up and the integrity of the game is the most important thing, not who is officiating. My understanding is officials are provided by an association. Do I think some officials are more proactive than others? Why yes, thats their personalityand sometimes an official like that gets himself in trouble but he is there on a mission.. Should and is that a consideration when selected for a game? maybe but not sure. Are these men/women creditability at stake when they walk out on the court? You betcha. Does a coach have the right to ask that an official not be assigned to their games? I understand they do. Would they do that? I think they would be reluctant. In volleyball,generally two parents call lines and if there are questions the Chair Official can overrule. I belive in basketball the lead official has the right ot over rule either of the two other officials so there are some checks or balances. Clock officials are usually from the home team as are scorekeepers. Radio announcers for games can say that calls are missed or fouls are missed when calling a game but i've never seen a perfect game called yet but some are better than others, now get this, in my opinion. Maybe all of us ar looking as to why calls are made and that is human nature and that is why disqualifying happens. So carrying things to an extreme can be done and if schools want to pay extra traveling expense to bring in officials out of District, I'm sure it would be done and would have to be paid for.

While I see no schedule up, the TSSAA Web Site explains District Tournament protocol. The tournament runs from Feb 19-25. The first round is at the school with the higher seed and the rest of the District games are at Siegel high School. Ties are determined by a coin toss for seeding. If things go as it looks there might be coin tosses. District Tournament Director is Alan Bush at Siegel.

The Regional tournament is Directed by Gail Vick at Blackman and the finals will be at Blackman and the first games will be at the Higher seeded Schools it is my understanding.

This District Tournament will likely be the best Tournament ever and sadly, in this format, the last time all of these great schools get together to make their statement. The first game will be at 4 locations. The Semi finals and Finals will be at Siegel High School.

Again the District is winding down to a whirlwind finish. I haven't seen this close of a race for some time. Cookeville, White and Lebanon and sometimes Warren are playing with a lot of pride. The teams in the Boro know they have been in a battle when they come to town. This will be a great Tournament this year with Cookeville being the favorite but there are at least five other teams that will have a say before its finished.

AAAAHHHHHHHH YYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! The "SWAMI" is here !!! Looking to improve on my stellar (32-8) district record the "SWAMI" sees Tuesday nights games going as follows : Siegel will make the short trip across town to Blackman, but the Lady Blaze will be ready for them, Blackman by 13. Oakland will travel over to Cookeville and will come back to the "BORO" with a big L. Cookeville by 22. The Riverdale Lady Warriors will invade Warren County and scalp my Lady Pioneers by 33. And finally, in the best match-up of the night, Lebann will defend the home court and defeat tough White County by 5. The "SWAMI" has spoken !! Read em and weep.

AAAHHHH YYYYYEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!! The "SWAMI" is here once again !!! And after a (3-1) Tuesday night ( Congrats to Siegel on their clutch win) The "SWAMI" now stands at (35-9) for the year. The "SWAMI" sees Fridays games going as follows : White County will get back on track as they travel into the "BORO" and play Oakland. White County by 8. Siegel will continue their winning ways at the expense of my Lady Pioneers in McMinnville, Siegel by 16. Lebanon will play at Riverdale , and will find one red-hot team peaking at just the right time of year in Riverdale, The Lady Warriors wins this game by 24. And Finally, in the game of the night, Cookeville will travel into the "BORO" to play Blackman. Cookeville won the first contest by 2 points, this time round, Blackman will prevail. Blackman by 6. The"SWAMI" has spoken !! Read em and weep.

AAAHHHH YYYYYEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!! The "SWAMI" is here once again !!! And after a (3-1) Tuesday night ( Congrats to Siegel on their clutch win) The "SWAMI" now stands at (35-9) for the year. The "SWAMI" sees Fridays games going as follows : White County will get back on track as they travel into the "BORO" and play Oakland. White County by 8. Siegel will continue their winning ways at the expense of my Lady Pioneers in McMinnville, Siegel by 16. Lebanon will play at Riverdale , and will find one red-hot team peaking at just the right time of year in Riverdale, The Lady Warriors wins this game by 24. And Finally, in the game of the night, Cookeville will travel into the "BORO" to play Blackman. Cookeville won the first contest by 2 points, this time round, Blackman will prevail. Blackman by 6. The"SWAMI" has spoken !! Read em and weep.

Swami, the all seeing and omnicient and waiting for Airball or 85. 35 and 9 is pretty good but why can't you get those Pioneers to follow your lead. Well that's another story. White County will beat Oakland and unless i'm surprised, Cook ,with Oakland who has done well lately, will finally get some help form Randolph who has been in a slump for Oakland and play one of their best games of the year. White will again be too much for the Patriots and play everyone. White by 19. Warren County will be ready to play when they come to visit the Stars. Tuesday, a player showed up that we haven't heard from when King showed up with a scoring effort. King and Wilkerson will not be enough for the Pioneers though as Connell and Cason and the gang with the Stars will increase the mo and win by 10. Elie will make her last trip to Riverdale a good one when Lebanon will play RD a close one and lose by 12.

Yes, the Blackman game with Cookeville will be a fine game. Cookeville has played some fine games lately and their balance will be hard to beat. Four players in double figures means their train is moving. Blackman will likely give Cookeville all they can stand. In a low scoring game, Blackman will beat Cookeville 35-32. Everyone of these games will be good games.

Its all good. In areas folks are doing a better job against the Lady Blaze than they did the first time through. There are also things that we are doing better as well. Starting to work the ball in low is pulling defense into the paint and giving a few more open looks from the 3 range. Honestly, we caught some folks off guard during the first half of the season. We also benefited from some of their players nursing injuries, much like we are doing now in more than just a few ladies. One of the things that I am most proud of is that I have seen each and every one you mention and each and every one that was not mentioned step it up in a game this year. It may have only been for a moment, or a few minutes, but each and every one is capable. That only spells good things to come. Like all the players in 7AAA, they play for a great school, great fans, and dedicated hard working coaches that are good people.

Agree 100%