7AAA

spartaman

Well I can tell you what problems Blackman is having, Campbell is a ball hog at the request of the Coach. Everything seem to be design around her. Dorsett is useless when it comes to defense and 1 three pointer a game is no help either. Sometimes I wander if Campbell and Dorsett are playing volleyball. And about Nowlin she should be shooting the three, but only Campbell and Dorsett have been given the go ahead. Things with Nowlin are up and down and I??™m sure this has to do with her legs. Which bring me to disjoint why is she defending the best player on the floor and trapping. And why is the some of the best players Overton and Bailey are on the bench, they can really help out. Coach Hildon also need to leave things along when people are getting the job done. Now about the post, they can't perform because they are to busy wasting time posting up with no chance of getting the ball. The post are poor at rebounding because they are busy trying to find someone to block out. Question? Do Campbell or Dorsett ever get tired? They seem to never the game. Other players are benched for making one mistake. How to improve on defense stop trying to trap, this will never work when only one person is doing all the work pressuring the ball and others are to slow to trap. Coach Hildon could help this team if it would shut up and let the girls play the game and stop coaching their every move. And this pointer is most important: STOP TRYING TO FREEZE THE BALL. Every time this is done they lose. I do think Blackman has a good team, but wrong lineup and no TEAM ball. I all almost finish with my pointers. Last two pointer. Try this offensive move: Put Nowlin, Overton, Campbell, Norris and Cox or Smith and see what happens.. Help from the bench: Bailey and Hall. Defense: man to man, 2/3 no trapping it doesn't work.

Very interesting post. I would offer one small bit of advice. I would not advise you to ever approach a coach and then proceed to tell them what you have posted here. I have never met a coach in my entire life that would not run you out of his or her office and then out of the gym. Lets face it, you are posting that the coach knows nothing about the game of basketball and is doing everything wrong. Be very careful, if you have a loved one involved about taking any ill received advise and keep silent. I find it incredulous for anyone to state that the coaches are approachable by fans to discuss how they should coach, just don't believe it. PS, you may be absolutely correct on everything you post, it doesn't matter. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BB, Coaches are approachable as you know. CH and the ASST Coach even goes in to the stands sometimes after the games and talks with fans. Not quite as bluntly as you put it though, I admit, but after these posts you might have some difficulty but the time will come it would be possible. To keep you out of trouble, open communications are much better than posting on here or sitting in the stands and doing the same. May be only one school in 7AAA that it is not so. Great Coaches and great attitudes. The way I took your post is PT for someone. Thats an issue for you and someone if its bothering you.

Well I can tell you what problems Blackman is having, Campbell is a ball hog at the request of the Coach. Everything seem to be design around her. Dorsett is useless when it comes to defense and 1 three pointer a game is no help either. Sometimes I wander if Campbell and Dorsett are playing volleyball. And about Nowlin she should be shooting the three, but only Campbell and Dorsett have been given the go ahead. Things with Nowlin are up and down and I??™m sure this has to do with her legs. Which bring me to disjoint why is she defending the best player on the floor and trapping. And why is the some of the best players Overton and Bailey are on the bench, they can really help out. Coach Hildon also need to leave things along when people are getting the job done. Now about the post, they can't perform because they are to busy wasting time posting up with no chance of getting the ball. The post are poor at rebounding because they are busy trying to find someone to block out. Question? Do Campbell or Dorsett ever get tired? They seem to never the game. Other players are benched for making one mistake. How to improve on defense stop trying to trap, this will never work when only one person is doing all the work pressuring the ball and others are to slow to trap. Coach Hildon could help this team if it would shut up and let the girls play the game and stop coaching their every move. And this pointer is most important: STOP TRYING TO FREEZE THE BALL. Every time this is done they lose. I do think Blackman has a good team, but wrong lineup and no TEAM ball. I all almost finish with my pointers. Last two pointer. Try this offensive move: Put Nowlin, Overton, Campbell, Norris and Cox or Smith and see what happens.. Help from the bench: Bailey and Hall. Defense: man to man, 2/3 no trapping it doesn't work.

It's not uncommon and it makes a great deal of sense to run offenses through your best player. Check any team in the district or in all of basketball for that matter, and this is done on every team if they have one player who "shines" above the rest. This team has come a long way, challenging for a district championship and the credit goes equally to the players and the coaching staff. In case you were unaware, basketball is a game of adjustments and making necessary changes as the game goes on as the opponent makes their adjustments. Certain offensive sets are used against certain defenses just as defenses are set to take away the other team's strengths. You can't always play man defense or just zone depending upon the opponent. It appears after reading all of your other posts from your profile that the majority of your continued complaints center around their point guard and Coach Chad's coaching. I'm sure your views are expressed in the presence of your daughter and if she is led to feel this way it cannot be good for team chemistry. I would say there is no need to confront the coach as you will probably not like the answer. Instead of seeing just the negative things, express the positives in the great improvment they have made and their success this year.

You sound like a bitter parent who is obviously upset for some reason that your child is not getting the playing time that you would like. I personally understand your frustration but it is not right to take and rip apart a team and the coach who has had a successful year for Blackman. For your information, the student athletes get on this website and read your messages. I hope that you feel real proud of the things that you put on here. Tearing down kids is not one that I would be proud of and especially ones that are not true. If you have a problem with a player or who the coach is or is not playing, be a man and take it face to face with the coach of that team and do not try to coach him from this website.

BBHoop you may have put the wrong reply message on this reply. BM is certainly not the one you are replying to.

It's not uncommon and it makes a great deal of sense to run offenses through your best player. Check any team in the district or in all of basketball for that matter, and this is done on every team if they have one player who "shines" above the rest. This team has come a long way, challenging for a district championship and the credit goes equally to the players and the coaching staff. In case you were unaware, basketball is a game of adjustments and making necessary changes as the game goes on as the opponent makes their adjustments. Certain offensive sets are used against certain defenses just as defenses are set to take away the other team's strengths. You can't always play man defense or just zone depending upon the opponent. It appears after reading all of your other posts from your profile that the majority of your continued complaints center around their point guard and Coach Chad's coaching. I'm sure your views are expressed in the presence of your daughter and if she is led to feel this way it cannot be good for team chemistry. I would say there is no need to confront the coach as you will probably not like the answer. Instead of seeing just the negative things, express the positives in the great improvment they have made and their success this year.

That does make sense and a good philosophy and hoopsdailey, you should be posting more on here as not enough Blackman followers do as do followers from other schools and might help explain some situations not known by many. good post.

what Riverdale teacher is an official?

Sorry, I don't use names on here unless it is in a positive light. If I post something as negative or may be seen as negative, and use the persons name, bust me on it. If I ever put a negative comment about a kid where you can identify the player by name, number, position, or ouiji board, hunt me down and shoot me. That's why I don't go on the individual sport pages. With regard to my whine, over and done. All sunshine and light now /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> , on to the next games.

Sorry, I don't use names on here unless it is in a positive light. If I post something as negative or may be seen as negative, and use the persons name, bust me on it. If I ever put a negative comment about a kid where you can identify the player by name, number, position, or ouiji board, hunt me down and shoot me. That's why I don't go on the individual sport pages. With regard to my whine, over and done. All sunshine and light now /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> , on to the next games.

my point is i do not think there is a RIVERDALE teacher that is an official I do not know of any teachers that officiate

That does make sense and a good philosophy and hoopsdailey, you should be posting more on here as not enough Blackman followers do as do followers from other schools and might help explain some situations not known by many. good post.

Thanks PHargis. I visit almost every day but most of the time I just keep my thoughts and words to myself. I personally know most every girl's coach in 7AAA and give the one's I know good grades for their dedication and effort required for the position they hold. I have coached with and against some of these fine coaches in summer ball for several years and have gained an insight into what they are up against each season. There is no such thing as a perfect coach, although Pat is close and of course Gino thinks he is, so everyone one of us will make mistakes from time to time just like players make mistakes, officials make mistakes and I bet many others make mistakes on the job too. I know I have, as a matter of fact some of the jobs I have held themselves were a mistake! My point is that each coach has his/her own theories, ideas, styles, and philosophies when it comes to game strategy. With this being said just look around 7AAA and I have not seen them all, and see who doesn't have a go to player or someone whom the majority of their gameplan is based upon. Some teams are lucky as they have more than one. Where would Blackman be without Campbell or Riverdale with Haislip or Barbee, or Cookeville without Helton, etc. There are teams that have the luxury of having a good team without an individual who shines above the others and play very competively. It boils down to letting good coaches coach, players play to the best of their abilities and accept their roles on the team. Look at Ann Marie Lanning and Riverdale a couple years back. The team had several good role players but most everything went through Ann Marie. They won the AAA state championship if I remember correctly. By the way I don't even live in 7AAA anymore but stay in touch with the happenings. Coach Hibdon is a good coach and an even better man. The other coaches I know in the district are good coaches and people as well. Parents, let em' coach and let the kids play. Negativity breeds negativity!

These rankings are updated continuously and are based only on scores reported to CoachT.com.

Women's Basketball

Division I Class AAA Region 4 District 7

Rank Team W-L

Record Win

Percentage

1 Cookeville 10-1 90.90%

2 Blackman 8-3 72.70%

3 Riverdale 8-3 72.70%

4 Siegel 6-5 54.50%

5 White Co. 6-5 54.50%

6 Lebanon 5-6 45.50%

7 Oakland 1-10 9.10%

8 Warren Co. 0-11 0.00%

Sorry for the mistake, I pasted the previous one from T, which I will delete, and likely pasted it before the scores were posted. After looking at the schedules, I saw you were right and this is the corrected one at this time of the season. Sorry for the error

LWBBall Delete your post and everything is up to date with this revised post. Thanks

Campbell is not a ball hog. She is the point guard. The offense runs thru her. She is also the leader of the team. She does an excellent job of running the offense. If anything, she may be too unselfish and may need to look for her shot a little more, especially from 3. Blackman does not have any problems, I believe they were the forgot about team at the beginning of the year and I believe they were better than other teams thought they were at the time. Now they are going back thru teams that they snuck up on and they are ready for Blackman. They are prepared for the defense that Blackman throws up on teams now. If you notice they gave up 51 points to Siegel and around 58 or 60 to Riverdale (I forgot the score of that game). Earlier in the year they were giving up 35 - 45 points a game. Players that need to step up for Blackman besides Campbell are T'Anna Overton, Kelsey Nowlin, Tierra Norris, and Katie Smith (if healthy). Dorsett will give them a 3 or two a game but thats about it. Another player that could step up and did play very good against Siegel is Chelsia Hall.