7AAA

spartaman

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Siegel. Wasn't able to be there to see it in person. Understand that the Blaze came out of half and ran up about a 7 point lead, but just couldn't stay the course. I was a little concerned knowing that they would have Burns back. Keep your heads up and heal up.

Whine of the night. week, month, heck; it's been bothering me since December

My spies tell me that one of the usually calm Blackman faithful just about blew a gasket in the stands due to the officiating. Why is it that the Riverdale teacher is calling pivotal 7AAA district games? If he's there count on the Lady Blaze hitting a high double digit foul count before the end of the game. I know that it is not against the rules, but sure gives a bad apperance. Especially when you see some of the other games that he calls that don't involve 7AAA. Night and day difference, you wouldn't even know he had a whistle.

I hold no illusion that the number of fouls should be even between the teams. It just baffles me to see the disparity from one end of the floor to the other. I understand it on mismatched teams, but that is not the case for the most part in 7AAA. My solemn promise that this will be the last comment from me on officiating.

Congrats to Siegel. Wasn't able to be there to see it in person. Understand that the Blaze came out of half and ran up about a 7 point lead, but just couldn't stay the course. I was a little concerned knowing that they would have Burns back. Keep your heads up and heal up.

My spies tell me that one of the usually calm Blackman faithful just about blew a gasket in the stands due to the officiating. Why is it that the Riverdale teacher is calling pivotal 7AAA district games? If he's there count on the Lady Blaze hitting a high double digit foul count before the end of the game. I know that it is not against the rules, but sure gives a bad apperance. Especially when you see some of the other games that he calls that don't involve 7AAA. Night and day difference, you wouldn't even know he had a whistle.

I hold no illusion that the number of fouls should be even between the teams. It just baffles me to see the disparity from one end of the floor to the other. I understand it on mismatched teams, but that is not the case for the most part in 7AAA. My solemn promise that this will be the last comment from me on officiating.

what Riverdale teacher is an official?

I appreciate your thoughts on officiating and normally 7AAA games are assigned by the Officials Association that handles the District. At times OA's in pst years have monitored this site in a number of Districts. Whether they do now I am not sure. There is a vehicle for challenge for schools. Do you have the foul totals for each school last night? At the end of the game, Blackman had to foul a lot in playing catch up but Siegel was in a one and one much earlier than Blackman it appeared. Siegel coaches have used that tatic to keep fouls down as a strategy for years. This was a hard fought game. Certainly, if its true consistantly, it would give a bad appearance. As you are a very good poster on this site, last Fridays officiating could have been stricter for both teams due toi events. Tonites play, I'm not sure. As high profile as 7AAA girls basketball is in all schools in 7AAA, every games officiating is extremely important. It is obviously evident that this years Blackman fans, with the very good team it has, is more recognizing these things than in the past few years and that is a very positive change. Just about all schools in 7AAA are competitive and the race to the top of the standings have at least two games a night that influence dramaticly the standings. Thats the way the schedules are drawn up. Continue to comment on events of interest. It gives the Blackman flavor which has been missing the past few years. FYI, reclassification next year means for the District that every game in the District will have significant impact on District Standings as every school has a chance to win every night.

Didn't see the game, just read your recap and had not previously seen the name, Cantrell, you had said led Segel over Blackman.

Again Sorry about the mistake and Siegel's Connell is a good player and need to get her name right if I'm going to recognize her. By the way, welcome to posting on coachT. See that this is your 5th time posting. this site gives information about schools and are always needing posters to do so so chime in and give us information that would be of interest.

Probably not the best situation for the officials, just doesn't look good. A similar situation has taken place in soccer for several years. The father of a player for a Murfreesboro school officiates other district games. While I've never heard of him officiating one of his daughters games, an official could play a pivotal role in a district game that could benefit his daughters team. This has never happened and he's a pretty good official, but it just leaves the door open for potential problems. Maybe there is a lack of officials in both sports and it cant be helped, but theres always going to be a question if the officiating is less than perfect.

I appreciate your thoughts on officiating and normally 7AAA games are assigned by the Officials Association that handles the District. At times OA's in pst years have monitored this site in a number of Districts. Whether they do now I am not sure. There is a vehicle for challenge for schools. Do you have the foul totals for each school last night? At the end of the game, Blackman had to foul a lot in playing catch up but Siegel was in a one and one much earlier than Blackman it appeared. Siegel coaches have used that tatic to keep fouls down as a strategy for years. This was a hard fought game. Certainly, if its true consistantly, it would give a bad appearance. As you are a very good poster on this site, last Fridays officiating could have been stricter for both teams due toi events. Tonites play, I'm not sure. As high profile as 7AAA girls basketball is in all schools in 7AAA, every games officiating is extremely important. It is obviously evident that this years Blackman fans, with the very good team it has, is more recognizing these things than in the past few years and that is a very positive change. Just about all schools in 7AAA are competitive and the race to the top of the standings have at least two games a night that influence dramaticly the standings. Thats the way the schedules are drawn up. Continue to comment on events of interest. It gives the Blackman flavor which has been missing the past few years. FYI, reclassification next year means for the District that every game in the District will have significant impact on District Standings as every school has a chance to win every night.

As I said, since I was relying on other folks, I don't have the totals. I quit keeping track of stats when my child graduated. From my perspective, I look at the foul count with 4:59 left in the game. Anything after that can be attributed to end of game strategy. With regard to a challange, that is a coaches call. My perspective only. He may and probably does see it in a much different light. That's why I marked my comments as a whine. Maybe because I played the post, I see it differently. My frustration comes in that I see the Lady Blaze working hard to improve their rebounding. As a player you are told, box out, maintain position, use good technique and if someone comes over the top, you draw the foul. They are not perfect every time, but they are getting better on the first three. Maybe the fourth will come in time. You are correct about next year. Your comments about last Friday are pretty much true and I had even factored that into my outcome prediction. Since I am no longer commenting on officiating, my earlier post on the matter is there for those interested. Go hard, be safe and good luck.

As I said, since I was relying on other folks, I don't have the totals. I quit keeping track of stats when my child graduated. From my perspective, I look at the foul count with 4:59 left in the game. Anything after that can be attributed to end of game strategy. With regard to a challange, that is a coaches call. My perspective only. He may and probably does see it in a much different light. That's why I marked my comments as a whine. Maybe because I played the post, I see it differently. My frustration comes in that I see the Lady Blaze working hard to improve their rebounding. As a player you are told, box out, maintain position, use good technique and if someone comes over the top, you draw the foul. They are not perfect every time, but they are getting better on the first three. Maybe the fourth will come in time. You are correct about next year. Your comments about last Friday are pretty much true and I had even factored that into my outcome prediction. Since I am no longer commenting on officiating, my earlier post on the matter is there for those interested. Go hard, be safe and good luck.

As my last post on this matter, a Blaze fan who is not sensitive to hard work done by those trying to contribute to rebounding is definitely appropriate. It had become extremely evident to some of us who follow 7AAA and had seen Blackman play that the major hurdle was technique and inside play and if that were worked on, the School would be VERY good. It was worked on. No doubt. Yes injuries do come up. Your schedule is tough right thru this stretch but everyone's has been. Blackman should not let that fact negatively effect their play or should any school. This year theere are 6 schools battling for position. Everyone has to keep their chins up and the "Real Deal" the Touirnament, I believe at Blackman's house, is in three weeks.

Fridge, thats a good point and Blackman can be a great team with all of the defenses Coach Chad throws at teams but who are some other olayers who Blackman has that can stroke well? How about Dorsett and Nowlin? Will they need to step up to make this team good in the district?

Well I can tell you what problems Blackman is having, Campbell is a ball hog at the request of the Coach. Everything seem to be design around her. Dorsett is useless when it comes to defense and 1 three pointer a game is no help either. Sometimes I wander if Campbell and Dorsett are playing volleyball. And about Nowlin she should be shooting the three, but only Campbell and Dorsett have been given the go ahead. Things with Nowlin are up and down and I??™m sure this has to do with her legs. Which bring me to disjoint why is she defending the best player on the floor and trapping. And why is the some of the best players Overton and Bailey are on the bench, they can really help out. Coach Hildon also need to leave things along when people are getting the job done. Now about the post, they can't perform because they are to busy wasting time posting up with no chance of getting the ball. The post are poor at rebounding because they are busy trying to find someone to block out. Question? Do Campbell or Dorsett ever get tired? They seem to never the game. Other players are benched for making one mistake. How to improve on defense stop trying to trap, this will never work when only one person is doing all the work pressuring the ball and others are to slow to trap. Coach Hildon could help this team if it would shut up and let the girls play the game and stop coaching their every move. And this pointer is most important: STOP TRYING TO FREEZE THE BALL. Every time this is done they lose. I do think Blackman has a good team, but wrong lineup and no TEAM ball. I all almost finish with my pointers. Last two pointer. Try this offensive move: Put Nowlin, Overton, Campbell, Norris and Cox or Smith and see what happens.. Help from the bench: Bailey and Hall. Defense: man to man, 2/3 no trapping it doesn't work.

Well I can tell you what problems Blackman is having, Campbell is a ball hog at the request of the Coach. Everything seem to be design around her. Dorsett is useless when it comes to defense and 1 three pointer a game is no help either. Sometimes I wander if Campbell and Dorsett are playing volleyball. And about Nowlin she should be shooting the three, but only Campbell and Dorsett have been given the go ahead. Things with Nowlin are up and down and I??™m sure this has to do with her legs. Which bring me to disjoint why is she defending the best player on the floor and trapping. And why is the some of the best players Overton and Bailey are on the bench, they can really help out. Coach Hildon also need to leave things along when people are getting the job done. Now about the post, they can't perform because they are to busy wasting time posting up with no chance of getting the ball. The post are poor at rebounding because they are busy trying to find someone to block out. Question? Do Campbell or Dorsett ever get tired? They seem to never the game. Other players are benched for making one mistake. How to improve on defense stop trying to trap, this will never work when only one person is doing all the work pressuring the ball and others are to slow to trap. Coach Hildon could help this team if it would shut up and let the girls play the game and stop coaching their every move. And this pointer is most important: STOP TRYING TO FREEZE THE BALL. Every time this is done they lose. I do think Blackman has a good team, but wrong lineup and no TEAM ball. I all almost finish with my pointers. Last two pointer. Try this offensive move: Put Nowlin, Overton, Campbell, Norris and Cox or Smith and see what happens.. Help from the bench: Bailey and Hall. Defense: man to man, 2/3 no trapping it doesn't work.

Your points may be valid, but the post is hard to follow. Try and re-read before you post.

BB, I wouldn't touch that one with a ten foot pole. This site is full, crammed full, of 7AAA fans, many from other schools. A discussion like that, instead of with someone at your schools would give every school in the District your coaches strategy. The coaches in this District have a very good reputation and are approachable to their fans. I will say this though, the team at Blackman has no more no less problems than any other School in the District and this being a sport everyone has an opinion. And this being a site, they make their way on to here sometimes. Talk to your coach, your asst coach or anyone in charge and you could help your team. And by all means, let it stop there as you can see the repercussions of letting it travel too far. 7AAA has a lot of good teams this year and are very talented and the District is very proud of everything they do.