7AAA

spartaman

Whew, my head hurts but I am hearing a lot of stuff that makes no sense BUT lets get to scores. They all make sense, I think.

Yes, Oakland did go in to Siegel and the place was packed. Usually what happens, the fire marshall closes the doors when all seats are taken and security takes over. Oakland at Siegel, 2600 students and fans. It was the Cason show again with good defense typical of Coach Bush. Cason had 18 and Chatman had 9. oakland spread their scoring out with 6 players and it was Siegel 32- oakland 25 with the difference being Oaklands 18 turnovers.

Warren did go to Lebanon and likely the Swami went with them. I. Elie did it again with 27 and it was scorekeepers night in lebanon and they had to bring out extra pens to keep score as Warren played and scored 11 players led by King, Rogers and Wilkinson and lebanon played and scored 10 players led by Elie with 27 and Stafford with 13. lebanon won. My understanding is the Lebanon gym was packed also. Need a new gym.

Yes there was another Chile supper at Riverdale and a basketball game broke out between Riverdale and Blackman. As predicted, Barbee,23, did take over for Riverdale along with Lanning,19, and haisilip and as thought, Blackman was not able to hold the scoring down enough although Campbell did score 14 for Blackman. Riverdale did win 55-48. There was definitely a full house at Riverdale. This poster is sorry to report that oft injured katie Smith reinjured her leg again tonite for Blackman.

While I don't have the details, Cookeville wnt down to White and did win. I will detail it as I find the scoring. i can imagine that the people at White are dissapointed over the results. there was a full, full house at White.

So we'll await the Suaimi's explanation on the results and give details on Cookeville.

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whew, do I feel bad for teams in 7AAA. They bust their tails every week and have to put up with awful officiating. Riverdale and Blackman were the prey of MANY many bad calls tonight, the worst officiating crew I've seen watching High School Basketball. In no ways did this affect the outcome of the game, as amazingly dreadful calls went against Blackman and Riverdale. QUIT CALLING WHAT YOU THINK HAPPENED! ONLY CALL WHAT YOU SEE. IF YOU DON'T HAVE AN ANGLE, BUT IT LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE GOT BUMPED, DON'T CALL IT. They blew the whistle anytime anyone played good defense...sick of it. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Good game Lady Warriors, and better luck next time Blackman.

Whew, do I feel bad for teams in 7AAA. They bust their tails every week and have to put up with awful officiating. Riverdale and Blackman were the prey of MANY many bad calls tonight, the worst officiating crew I've seen watching High School Basketball. In no ways did this affect the outcome of the game, as amazingly dreadful calls went against Blackman and Riverdale. QUIT CALLING WHAT YOU THINK HAPPENED! ONLY CALL WHAT YOU SEE. IF YOU DON'T HAVE AN ANGLE, BUT IT LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE GOT BUMPED, DON'T CALL IT. They blew the whistle anytime anyone played good defense...sick of it. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Good game Lady Warriors, and better luck next time Blackman.

Fridge, this was a good post but you could see this coming. I have a feeling that this crew was hand picked to make sure nothing happened in the girls game nor in the boys game. Feelings were high at the two schools because of the drama that had happened and some undue publicity that never came to pass but suspension of a coach for 2 games over wording in a flyer. It was wrong wording on the flyer and the infraction should have been penaltized but this poster thinks the way the infraction was presented originally without much investigation only to find no violation there and a flyer infraction on investigation caused some confusion. These officials were not going to let something happen and the officials association is to be commended along with I am sure the TSSAA for giving a heads up. i am sure the things you said happened did happen but the court cops took over and there was order. And no one got hurt but Katie Smith with Blackman and I have no details on that.

Cookeville was leading by 18 in the 3rd quarter and White Co. mounted a comeback and actually missed a free throw with less than a minute left that would have cut the lead to one point. The free throw was missed and Cookeville hit theirs down the stretch when WC had to start fouling.

It was standing room only.

Cookeville was leading by 18 in the 3rd quarter and White Co. mounted a comeback and actually missed a free throw with less than a minute left that would have cut the lead to one point. The free throw was missed and Cookeville hit theirs down the stretch when WC had to start fouling.

It was standing room only.

85, I knew it would be and while I saw the box scores, the final surprised me. Since we have heard nothing from a Cookeville fan, it was surprising tht they got that far ahead. Was Helton that dominent with 22? And Roberts had 13, was this her best game of the year?

85, I knew it would be and while I saw the box scores, the final surprised me. Since we have heard nothing from a Cookeville fan, it was surprising tht they got that far ahead. Was Helton that dominent with 22? And Roberts had 13, was this her best game of the year?

Roberts played well, but this was not her best game of the year. Helton is hard on all teams, but esp. on us because we are small in the post. We came out cold and dug ourselves a big hole. Just a little too big to dig ourselves all the way out. I thought we had some critical turnovers in the last 3 or 4 mins of the game that really hurt our chances of taking the lead.

Roberts played well, but this was not her best game of the year. Helton is hard on all teams, but esp. on us because we are small in the post. We came out cold and dug ourselves a big hole. Just a little too big to dig ourselves all the way out. I thought we had some critical turnovers in the last 3 or 4 mins of the game that really hurt our chances of taking the lead.

85, I appreciate your post and an explanation of what happened. Cookeville did win the Battle of the Plateau tonite and the right to travel back up Highway 70 with another win. But White, behind at the first part of the game, did make a comeback to trail by only 1 but failed at the end and Cookeville won 55-50. Cookeville was led by helton with 22, Brooks with 9, and Johnson with 10 and Odle with 11. White was led by Roberts with 13 and Sims with 8 and Yslas with 10. Eight players played from White and scored.

So tonight Cookeville takes the lead in 7AAA after battling with Blackman, White and Riverdale most of the season. There are a few games left in the season and you can bet that the Tournament will be somthing we will all remember. the Schedule will be on this site in the next few hours for the rest of the season.

For your information and these are estimates, 7AAA likely set a record or came close to setting a record for attendamce at games in the four games tonite. If they didn't, it was becasue of playing at schools with smaller gyms that were full. It's estimated that 7900 students and partisons watched the games tonite totally in 7AAA. Basketball is "hot" all over the District.

These rankings are updated continuously and are based only on scores reported to CoachT.com.

Women's Basketball

Division I Class AAA Region 4 District 7

Rank Team W-L

Record Win

Percentage

1 Cookeville 9-1 90.00%

2 Blackman 8-2 80.00%

3 Riverdale 7-3 70.00%

4 White Co. 6-4 60.00%

5 Siegel 5-5 50.00%

6 Lebanon 4-6 40.00%

7 Oakland 1-9 10.00%

8 Warren Co. 0-10 0.00%

These rankings are updated continuously and are based only on scores reported to CoachT.com.

Women's Basketball

Division I Class AAA Region 4

Rank Team W-L

Record Win

Percentage

1 Riverdale 19-4 82.60%

2 Franklin Co. 19-6 76.00%

3 White Co. 17-4 81.00%

4 Shelbyville 17-6 73.90%

5 Cookeville 17-7 70.80%

6 Lawrence Co. 15-5 75.00%

7 Lincoln Co. 15-10 60.00%

8 Blackman 13-5 72.20%

9 Siegel 13-7 65.00%

10 Columbia 9-11 45.00%

11 Lebanon 7-11 38.90%

12 Coffee Co. 7-17 29.20%

13 Oakland 4-15 21.10%

14 Warren Co. 4-17 19.00%

15 Tullahoma 3-16 15.80%

First off what a great game by my LADY WARRIORS tonight...Jaclissa was taken out of the first half almost right off the bat with 2 fouls called on her in less than a minute...I will disagree with fridge i have seen a lot worse officiating that what we saw tonight were there calls i disagreed with?...yes but overall they did a good job.

We controlled most of the game and i am not sure if blackman ever led in the game if so it was only momentarily...Barbie and Natalie had a great game as did Jaclissa when she went in the game she hit a huge 3 to put a stop to a little blackman run but again this was a great TEAM win we have players that come off the bench and starters that just do their job Spurlock had some nice passes in the post to barbieashley did a great job of shooting the open shot

great game

GO LADY WARRIORS