7AAA

spartaman

Wrong again, hicotton. There were 3 girls that attended that night. One was the daughter of Riverdale Asst. Coach Steve Williams - she has every right to watch her dad coach. The other two were her friends. They are also allowed to come watch a game and be with their friends. Charlie says, "If you find yourself in a hole, quit digging.

LET IT GO!

Now I find this a bit more plausible than RD's version.

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hicotton I gotta ask... are you one of those haters that would like to see this coach hung out to dry on the flag pole because of a simple "wording oversight" and if so do you mind explaining?

Looks like you nailed hicotton, I'm sure he will be at the game tonight showing his support for RD by sitting on blackman's side with his "broken spirit" next to him just like last week sitting in the corner on Cookville's side.

Looks like you nailed hicotton, I'm sure he will be at the game tonight showing his support for RD by sitting on blackman's side with his "broken spirit" next to him just like last week sitting in the corner on Cookville's side.

Wouldn't miss this one. Should be a great game!

Since you've opted to get personal qapet, I have a question for you? On May 29th when Maxwell spent the night at the Sleep Inn hotel in Murfreesboro with the 2 Independence transfers, do you think that was an ethical thing for a High School teacher to do? If a science teacher were to do the same thing with a couple of his students, what do you think would happen to him?

Wouldn't miss this one. Should be a great game!

Since you've opted to get personal qapet, I have a question for you? On May 29th when Maxwell spent the night at the Sleep Inn hotel in Murfreesboro with the 2 Independence transfers, do you think that was an ethical thing for a High School teacher to do? If a science teacher were to do the same thing with a couple of his students, what do you think would happen to him?

I dont guess we are going to move on and talk about the game...as far as spending the night if the parents were ok with why should we care my son has ahd to spend the night with a baseball coach(not HS) before in the past...i know that cheerleaders spend the night with their coach at least once a year so I have no problem with...as far as science there is a science club and they do spend the night together at least 3 or 4 nights a year and nothing happens to them what do you think should happen to them

I dont guess we are going to move on and talk about the game...as far as spending the night if the parents were ok with why should we care my son has ahd to spend the night with a baseball coach(not HS) before in the past...i know that cheerleaders spend the night with their coach at least once a year so I have no problem with...as far as science there is a science club and they do spend the night together at least 3 or 4 nights a year and nothing happens to them what do you think should happen to them

I would think a Science Club outing would be sanctioned by the High School itself. I'm sure this was not the case with the Independence transfers. Apples and oranges my friend.

Now I do agree with you on one point; let's move on to bigger and better things!

Now I find this a bit more plausible than RD's version.

As the parent of one of these players, I can tell you that no way did these girls even know that it was "Middle School Night" These girls are friends/teammates with Coach Williams' daughter and also played travel ball under Coach Maxwell and Coach Williams last year. There was a break in their schedule so we thought we would take them to see the Riverdale girls play. Nothing more than that. As many have said before, let it go.

I would think a Science Club outing would be sanctioned by the High School itself. I'm sure this was not the case with the Independence transfers. Apples and oranges my friend.

Now I do agree with you on one point; let's move on to bigger and better things!

my sons situation wasnt sanctioned by school and again if it was OK for the parents why would it be a problem

If this was OK, then why did Maxwell instruct these 2 girls NOT to tell ANYONE about the hotel room?

OMG... Thats a no brainer... Its because of instigators like YOU!!! I would trust my child any time she needed to stay in the company of a coach with the stable back ground as this one. Your gonna have to get over it or really up the anty to get your desperate point across.

Well the old 7AAA thread gets exciting sometimes and just spills over into the reason for it. BUT i guess this also is the reason for it. One thing for sure, its over. HICotton and other parents, if it was wrong why did the parents let the kids do it. In my mind this is a major point. I'll tell you why, it became evident that one of the best girls coaches and role models in the state was leaving. The parents, if this happened, realized it as did the students and wanted to be associated with something important to them. If this was wrong why didn't HC help some other parents who were agonizing at the time about the loss and volunteer to help find a coach for a school that agonized without having one for some time at Indy. I don't think it happened but if it did , HC, where were you at that time. HC, I think you tackled the wrong situation. I admit, I have followed this coach for the past 7 years. The help she has been to student athletes and the mentors she has had to get where she is today are outstanding people. She has a way of getting things done with student/athletes. Is she perfect, nope, and she realizes that. Is she agressive and helps student/athletes try to reach their dreams. Most coaches do especially the ones at Riverdale and Blackman and she is in the high end of that mold. I hope this is over with and lets play ball.

Well the old 7AAA thread gets exciting sometimes and just spills over into the reason for it. BUT i guess this also is the reason for it. One thing for sure, its over. HICotton and other parents, if it was wrong why did the parents let the kids do it. In my mind this is a major point. I'll tell you why, it became evident that one of the best girls coaches and role models in the state was leaving. The parents, if this happened, realized it as did the students and wanted to be associated with something important to them. If this was wrong why didn't HC help some other parents who were agonizing at the time about the loss and volunteer to help find a coach for a school that agonized without having one for some time at Indy. I don't think it happened but if it did , HC, where were you at that time. HC, I think you tackled the wrong situation. I admit, I have followed this coach for the past 7 years. The help she has been to student athletes and the mentors she has had to get where she is today are outstanding people. She has a way of getting things done with student/athletes. Is she perfect, nope, and she realizes that. Is she agressive and helps student/athletes try to reach their dreams. Most coaches do especially the ones at Riverdale and Blackman and she is in the high end of that mold. I hope this is over with and lets play ball.

YES! Way to go Lady Warriors this is a case where victory is SWEET REVENGE!!! I only hope this group of girls with the direction of their well respected leader will take whats happened and put a positive spin on things to help motivate them the rest of the season. A great win tonight! Congrats to coach Maxwell and her staff. I say if Riverdale finishes out region 7AAA lets give the coach of the year award to coach Maxwell for a job well done as well deserved, after what she's been put through.