7AAA

spartaman

BBisthesport-

not only do I disagree with every slam you made against blackman- i know for fact that you are failing to see the contributions both campbell and dorsett contribute to that team. campbell is a work horse and constantly works on her game, and dorsett is the leadership that the team needs to be successful. Without these two individuals, Blackman would not be the same team you have witnessed this season. As for your comments on coach hibdon, most of the blackman community would have to disagree. Not only is he a coach with the team's best intentions in mind, he also goes out of his way to see after the girls in the classroom. The entire blackman coaching staff works dilligently to ensure success for the program. All of your proposed "remedies" to fix Blackman basketball is just a method of slamming a great group of girls and coaches. So they didn't win last night, last time I checked they are still up in the district rankings. Why "fix" something that isn't broken?

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blaze and keeper, Keeper's post did say it right and dug down to the point and I appreciate analyzation like that. Looking back at the scores, Blackman was holding teams to lower scores than they are now and their changing defenses was having more effect as they did it about every time down the floor. More players were stepping up more consistantly. Blackman has some shooters but they can't beat you with shooting. Blackman has to beat you with defense and then shoot enough to outscore you. A season wears on players and they play hard. This season likely is a turning point for Blackman basketball but it didn't happen at a better time. Next season there are really no weak teams in the District with Oakland getting better. Basketball at Blackman will continue to get better as long as CH is coach. He has gotten a lot out of this group of girls. And he has been astute enough to play a lot of players each game.

I wouldnt be to concerned about blackman...when Katie Smith comes back at full strength no one will be saying anything about blackman...when she was in the game while we maintained a lead and control of the game she kept blackman in it so dont worry about these past few bumps they have lost to some good teams so instead of being worried about blackman give the atta girls to the opponents

Camper and Blackman Fans:

First of all I wasn't slamming the Team or Coaches I was stating the facts and I am not apologizing for voicing my opinion, while others whisper to each other. I am hoping my opinion is among adults and I do feel my opinion has a valid point. And if a player is offended, my APOLOGIZE. But without the names in my statement it would be hard to follow. The point I was trying to make is not based on community likes or dislike, or classroom standings. A coach is not awarded for this. In order for a coach to keep his/her job, they have to win games and produce a good team. And if this isn??™t achieved many kids will lose athletic scholarships. But according to the games I saw, the stats I read, and how the game is played. The door seem to be open for the point guard. I do agree that 7 to 9 girls have playing time, but only for a minute; if it's that long. Great contributors sit the bench the majority of the time, while someone with only leadership skills play the majority of the game. Coach H does do some things well, but when it comes to crucial situations like the Riverdale, Siegel, and Wilson Central game that was lost in the last minute of the game, he failed. The LADY BLAZE has come a long way and should be commended. They should go very far- THE STATE, but they can??™t do this without team ball and good coaching. With a few adjustments it can be accomplished. And this is my opinion-after all this is what the message board is for. Great job Lady Blaze for working so hard. Can wait to see the outcome. Also, It was great to see the young lady who scored 18pts back in the game (where has she been)? She really does a great job getting the ball down the floor.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

These rankings are updated continuously and are based only on scores reported to CoachT.com.

Women's Basketball

Division I Class AAA Region 4 District 7

Rank Team W-L

Record Win

Percentage

1 Cookeville 10-1 90.90%

2 Blackman 8-3 72.70%

3 Riverdale 8-3 72.70%

4 Siegel 6-5 54.50%

5 White Co. 6-5 54.50%

6 Lebanon 5-6 45.50%

7 Oakland 1-10 9.10%

8 Warren Co. 0-11 0.00%

Sorry for the mistake, I pasted the previous one from T, which I will delete, and likely pasted it before the scores were posted. After looking at the schedules, I saw you were right and this is the corrected one at this time of the season. Sorry for the error

LWBBall Delete your post and everything is up to date with this revised post. Thanks

Bump

First of all I wasn't slamming the Team or Coaches I was stating the facts and I am not apologizing for voicing my opinion, while others whisper to each other. I am hoping my opinion is among adults and I do feel my opinion has a valid point. And if a player is offended, my APOLOGIZE. But without the names in my statement it would be hard to follow. The point I was trying to make is not based on community likes or dislike, or classroom standings. A coach is not awarded for this. In order for a coach to keep his/her job, they have to win games and produce a good team. And if this isn??™t achieved many kids will lose athletic scholarships. But according to the games I saw, the stats I read, and how the game is played. The door seem to be open for the point guard. I do agree that 7 to 9 girls have playing time, but only for a minute; if it's that long. Great contributors sit the bench the majority of the time, while someone with only leadership skills play the majority of the game. Coach H does do some things well, but when it comes to crucial situations like the Riverdale, Siegel, and Wilson Central game that was lost in the last minute of the game, he failed. The LADY BLAZE has come a long way and should be commended. They should go very far- THE STATE, but they can??™t do this without team ball and good coaching. With a few adjustments it can be accomplished. And this is my opinion-after all this is what the message board is for. Great job Lady Blaze for working so hard. Can wait to see the outcome. Also, It was great to see the young lady who scored 18pts back in the game (where has she been)? She really does a great job getting the ball down the floor.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I believe there is a fine line between your "facts" and your "opinions." And while this is a forum to discuss high school athletics, I don't believe it's a place to call out players names in a negative way. Parents and fans have a tendency to get a little heated when it comes to their children's sports, but its irresponsible for an adult to openly criticize a kid on a public forum. If you really think only adults read Coach T, then I'm quessing you're the parent of a young high school player. The kids all read it, and many post comments. As far as Coach Hibdon and his staff's abilities, you are entitled to your own opinion. But keep in mind, it's really easy to coach from the bleachers. High school coaches don't choose to coach for anything but the love of the game. Coaching high school kids is tough and dealing with the parents is even tougher. Coach Hibdon is a good coach and will only get better.

Rank Team W-L

Record Win

Percentage

1 Riverdale 20-4 83.30%

2 Franklin Co. 20-6 76.90%

3 Cookeville 18-7 72.00%

4 Shelbyville 18-7 72.00%

5 White Co. 17-5 77.30%

6 Lincoln Co. 16-10 61.50%

7 Lawrence Co. 15-6 71.40%

8 Siegel 14-7 66.70%

9 Blackman 13-6 68.40%

10 Columbia 10-12 45.50%

11 Lebanon 8-12 40.00%

12 Coffee Co. 8-17 32.00%

13 Oakland 4-17 19.00%

14 Warren Co. 4-18 18.20%

15 Tullahoma 3-17 15.00%

This is the current Region 4 total records and is up to Date.

BB, its difficult to know where to start but I do agree with the last poster and he was to the point. He is right and you are not "just between adults". I would imagine you knew that by issueing an apology. But lets post generally. Coaches do a great deal more than coach basketball but they really like to win also for their team, for their school and having ego's, for themselves and trhe acknowledgement of their peers. They recognize the needs of their players and realize that basketball without a Student/Athlete doing well in the classroom is a personal failure. Recognition in the community is important to attract students to want to play. This is all part of preparing a student for a schlorship if they so wish and can qualify. Being critical of another player for one's selfish interests is not desirable nor attractive on this site. It may have blown your schools chance to go to state and the attitudes of others who have the same aspirations as you do, how seeming you might think it was unintended. Your coach is the Coach and if I were you, I would find some way rather than this forum, to generate some communication with the coaching staff. That might be difficult to do right now but, long term, one of them might make a suggestion as to what your player might need to do to increase PT. After someone read my post, I received a phone call and was told of an interesting senario that solved a PT situation as the parent sent a player to talk to the coach herself and the parent spent some time with the player explaining what to say and how to do it. It was a learning situation for the player to do that themselves. Coach CH and every coach I know of, and their staff do everything well and are in charge. With the right surroundings, they can even listen to suggestions and consult as to how players might get better. I can tell tht a parents wishes and a Coaches wishes in a situation like this are the same, only, there is only one Girls Coach and staff at that school. I posted your schools records for this year and realizing 7AAA girls basketball is very tough this year, your team and your Coach have done very well this year while the fans would have been happier undefeated. While others may not think as I do and you, I'm sure, don't want to cause any more confusion, somewhere along the line discussing the PT of your player with someone with the coaching staff would be desirable or have the player to do so.. I can tell by your consistant posts that this is bothering you and it shouldn't.

BB, better let it alone. As to discussing playing time or any other issue with the coach could turn sour in a hurry. Once you do it, you can't undo it. Better think eight times before doing a solitary thing. A little advice from someone looking in. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

[/quote

Well I am glad to hear that you were sharing your opinion, because thankfully, everyone has one and most would be different than yours! The coach is awesome and not only coaches the girls on the court (and does a fine job) but is always there for the girls off the court (as far as being a friend to the girls). He is not only a coach to those girls, but a role model also. He would do anything for any one of those girls. From my understanding the point guard for the Blaze is not only a hard worker, but is constantly putting in over time in the gym to improve her game. I am not sure how many girls are that dedicated. In the games I have seen the point guard is the person that normally brings the ball up the court. She always has her head up and finds the open person. She is always willing to pass the ball if she finds an open person, which is why the girl who scored 18 points the other night had alot of those points. Several of the passes were from the point guard. Granted that girl drove into the basket alot - would you consider her a ball hog for that???? I definitely would not. Team Work all the way!!!! If they can each score 18 points they will be winning them all! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

For a school that has had very few posts on here, it is very encouraging to see the interest in the total happenings between schools, parents and everything else. Everyone has an opinion on just about every thing but all of this just come out of the blue. It could be a trend but will deserve a topic on the forum concerning the happenings.The same things have shown up on two other threads I've read lately. It will be on there soon. I have followed Coach CH for 6 years now and have seen him operate and know what's important to him and how he seems to react. I hate to continue to repeat this BUT the Coaches in 7AAA are great people. That is why this District and crowds ,so great for many fans, not only follow the players, they also follow the coaches. yes, there are some squabbles between schools and fans of schools but in the end things work out.