7AAA

spartaman

/biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> OK, I'll bite. Why wouldn't CCHS fans know how to get to Cookeville's gym?

Trust me, we'll be there. On paper, Cookeville has the better team, but they don't play the game on paper, do they? Ask Cleveland, who beat Walker Valley twice during the regular season, how CCHS beat them TWICE in a week and a half on THEIR home court. If Cookeville's coach is smart, which I am sure she is, she has already contacted Cleveland's coach.

We had no answer for Walker Valley. They exploited our weaknesses like no other team this year, outside of Clarkrange.

I'm sure you are aware that Cookeville & CCHS played twice this year, and Cookeville won by 6 and by 9. Those aren't hardly a "have no answer for them" type of games, are they? Were you even at either of those games?

Our girls aren't use to being on this stage, so we have no idea how they will respond; but I promise they will play hard, and if the shots are falling, we might pull the shocker.

I'll have to admit, CCHS fans did find there way to the gym in large quantities. However, Walker really didn't have an answer for Blackman, while I was unable to see or hear the game Walker was not able, I would guess, to figure out Blackmans Defensive scheme and Blackman continued on their offensive attack outscoring Walker 35-13 in the second half. CCHS is a good school with good fans but as others have found this year, Cookeviile will send you back home with nothing and this evening it was 15 points short. Your District came up short on both ends but you did wind up playing two buzz saws who were on a mission. They were determined not to lose and they can go further. Coach chadhibdon was happy bu tlikely stunned when the game was over after a 59-48 win over Walker. this is blackmans forst trip to the state and the "Never say die" school would not be denied. T'Anna overton scored 13 points, Campbellhad 10 and a number of players had 8-9 points while it looked as if everyone got off of the bus to take this task on.

Cookeville won over cumberland county as Cookeville rode post player Erin Helton to the big dance. Helton had 20 but Brooks 11 and Johnson's 10 were needed to round out the win. Cookeville 48-Cumberland 33in a great win and a visit by both schoolsto the Big Dance and the Region and District 7AAA is proud of their effort.

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walker Valley was leading 19-7 after 1st quarter and 34-24 at halftime. Blackman trailed by 17 at one point in the 2nd quarter. Blackman came out the 2nd half and took it to them. Walker Valley was in foul trouble and Blackman shot a lot of free throws. Nowlin, Norris had good games for Blackman.

CONGRATULATIONS Blackman Blaze and Cookeville Lady Cavs!! Both very deserving and classy teams. Coaches did a great job for both teams. 7AAA fans are very proud for both to represent the district. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Congrats to Blackman and Cookeville on their wins last night.

I was surprised at the score of the WV-Blackman game, and kind of figured something must have happened to WV. Then I read the story in the Cattanooga paper this morning and saw that fouls did play a big role in the game.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2009/ma...mustangs-69-59/

On the Cookeville-Cumberland Cty game, we gave it our best shot, but as was predicted, we had no answer for Miss Helton. She is special, and I believe Cookeville will really miss her next year.

When we had cut it to a 3 pt game, with Helton on the bench in the 2nd qtr with her 2nd foul, and could not get off of 13 on the scoreboard, I knew we were in trouble. We could not take advantage of her being out of the game. I don't know how many shots rimmed out. I credit Cookeville's "D" for solid play.

We're looking forward to joining the new district next year. While we lose our two seniors, who we will miss greatly, we played a lot of the game with three freshman in the game at once, so hopefully we should be able to hold our own.

Good luck to Cookeville and Blackman next week!

Congrats to Blackman and Cookeville on their wins last night.

I was surprised at the score of the WV-Blackman game, and kind of figured something must have happened to WV. Then I read the story in the Cattanooga paper this morning and saw that fouls did play a big role in the game.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2009/ma...mustangs-69-59/

On the Cookeville-Cumberland Cty game, we gave it our best shot, but as was predicted, we had no answer for Miss Helton. She is special, and I believe Cookeville will really miss her next year.

When we had cut it to a 3 pt game, with Helton on the bench in the 2nd qtr with her 2nd foul, and could not get off of 13 on the scoreboard, I knew we were in trouble. We could not take advantage of her being out of the game. I don't know how many shots rimmed out. I credit Cookeville's "D" for solid play.

We're looking forward to joining the new district next year. While we lose our two seniors, who we will miss greatly, we played a lot of the game with three freshman in the game at once, so hopefully we should be able to hold our own.

good and classy post

Good luck to Cookeville and Blackman next week!

Sorry to hear about Cookeville. I hope the Blackman Faithful don't ride me too hard on this one, but I have a few thoughts on the district this year. This is not discounting what Blackman has done this year. Truely awesome. It leads back to a comment that I made earlier in the year that the teams of 7AAA have helped refine Blackman into what they are this hour. I think that you could have taken the top 4 teams from 7AAA, put them in a bag and shaken out any 2 and they would have represented 7AAA as well and have been as successful as the two that came through the tournament process. All 4 have different talents and skill sets, but are 4 very very good basketball teams. When we have the new district next year with the additions, it is going to be even more exciting. At that point, I believe that it will be 6 or 7 teams playing at that level. Let us all continue to root for Blackman, but remember the refining process that got us here. Go hard, be safe and good luck.

I agree Keeper but I'm thankful we came out on top!

Great game last night ladies! And thanks to all 26-30 of my fellow students who made the trip! Boy I thought we had all painted up for nothing but what a second half!!! And we may have only been 30 strong but if you asked WV I'd be willing to bet we were 30 of the loudest people they've heard! And all of my fellow students... Thursday! Be there! Be Loud! Be Proud! And Go LADY BLAZE!!!

P.S. Don't forget to buy more paint! At least we put it to a good cause!

I agree Keeper but I'm thankful we came out on top!

Great game last night ladies! And thanks to all 26-30 of my fellow students who made the trip! Boy I thought we had all painted up for nothing but what a second half!!! And we may have only been 30 strong but if you asked WV I'd be willing to bet we were 30 of the loudest people they've heard! And all of my fellow students... Thursday! Be there! Be Loud! Be Proud! And Go LADY BLAZE!!!

P.S. Don't forget to buy more paint! At least we put it to a good cause!

Whike I don't support Blackman, I do support the District and for 26 to 30 students to cheer at Wc, that multiplier is large when you talk about going to murphy there in town. Honestly, this is the most and best Blackman reaction to their sports teams that I have heard i 5-6 years.

Whike I don't support Blackman, I do support the District and for 26 to 30 students to cheer at Wc, that multiplier is large when you talk about going to murphy there in town. Honestly, this is the most and best Blackman reaction to their sports teams that I have heard i 5-6 years.

If the senior leaders of the student section now known as "Hibdon's Heroes" have anything to do with it Thursday will be amazing! And since I am one of these senior supporters I' d say look out for one of the largest student turnouts at the Murphy Center! I' m so glad after these 4 years we are finally supporting our teams in an all out fashion!

GOOOOOOOOOO BLAZE!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear about Cookeville. I hope the Blackman Faithful don't ride me too hard on this one, but I have a few thoughts on the district this year. This is not discounting what Blackman has done this year. Truely awesome. It leads back to a comment that I made earlier in the year that the teams of 7AAA have helped refine Blackman into what they are this hour. I think that you could have taken the top 4 teams from 7AAA, put them in a bag and shaken out any 2 and they would have represented 7AAA as well and have been as successful as the two that came through the tournament process. All 4 have different talents and skill sets, but are 4 very very good basketball teams. When we have the new district next year with the additions, it is going to be even more exciting. At that point, I believe that it will be 6 or 7 teams playing at that level. Let us all continue to root for Blackman, but remember the refining process that got us here. Go hard, be safe and good luck.

What does "sorry to hear about Cookeville" mean? Did something happen?