7AAA

spartaman

Mr. PHargis...

Guys quarterfinals are tonight.....Girls do not play again until Monday......I know with all your excitement about this tournament, don't want you showing up tonight at Blackman and no one is there.. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You are absolutely right. How about deleteing your post and i will edit my other so I won't confuse anyone else. Thanks for your help.

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW!!! Fans are we worthy of this? Two prized heavyweights throwing off the gloves standing toe to toe ready to deliver the final knock out blow! Which team will dance in victory and which will hit the floor in defeat? Riverdale, you can expect Blackman to "get off the bus" for this one. Lady Warriors, what else could you ask for, an opportunity to walk into the home of your arch rival and deliver the final knockout blow. WOW!! I would expect the Riverdale fans to cicle the wagons for this one! Should be plenty of BHS(fire) and RIVERDALE(smoke) lets put the local fire dept. on ALERT!!!

Just a word of advice to the fans that wish to witness this game. Get there early and what I mean by early is for the first game of two scheduled to be played Mon.. If you wait until the Riverdale/Blackman(7:30)game the gym will already be full with Cookeville/Shelbyville fans. See ya at the game!

WOW!!! Fans are we worthy of this? Two prized heavyweights throwing off the gloves standing toe to toe ready to deliver the final knock out blow! Which team will dance in victory and which will hit the floor in defeat? Riverdale, you can expect Blackman to "get off the bus" for this one. Lady Warriors, what else could you ask for, an opportunity to walk into the home of your arch rival and deliver the final knockout blow. WOW!! I would expect the Riverdale fans to cicle the wagons for this one! Should be plenty of BHS(fire) and RIVERDALE(smoke) lets put the local fire dept. on ALERT!!!

Just a word of advice to the fans that wish to witness this game. Get there early and what I mean by early is for the first game of two scheduled to be played Mon.. If you wait until the Riverdale/Blackman(7:30)game the gym will already be full with Cookeville/Shelbyville fans. See ya at the game!

OHD, nothing could be said better.

WHAT A GAME TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

let me first say Lincoln county is a very good team!!!!we made a shot at the last second to take a 1 point lead going into the first half and we led the rest of the way...

they was killing us in the paint and doing what they wanted the moved the ball inside well and got open good in the middle our coaches made a great adjustment at the half and took that away..I thought LC was very well coached and played hard all the way to the final 000 on the clock and i always love a team that plays hard..

Jaclisa had a GREAT night tonight I dont know how many points she had but i think she had quite a few...again this team is just a great comlpliment of each other on the court if they dont cover natalie she hits the 3 if they do cover her then ashley hits the 3 and jaclisa hits the 3 and then we pound inside shacobie and rachel and candace just a great group of girls...that play so good together and play unselfish and it is fun to watch this team

Monday we play blackman at 7 30 at blackman and the last time we played them there they beat us so we need to be ready and not let that 3 point loss happen again and you know they are going to be MAD after the last game we and they had a poor performance. So girls be confident and play your game have fun and get this win dont let the season end on monday

RD you are right on the money. Lincoln is a very good team and some posters thought they were the second best team in District 8 as I remember. While I was not able to see it, JJ mentioned a number of times that RD could not stop them but could out score them and that finally was the way the game worked out. Haislip's confidence must be very high as well as Barbee but everyone did get in the scoring flow. IMO, the scoring was too easy and RD will have to play defense to go far in the tournament. They can play defense to. They have exhibited it. Haislip played at a level evidently few have seen her play. Thirty three points is exceptional against a good team

But someone getting 20 points against RD would make the coach, I'm sure, uneasy. Best of luck to you Monday Nite.

RD you are right on the money. Lincoln is a very good team and some posters thought they were the second best team in District 8 as I remember. While I was not able to see it, JJ mentioned a number of times that RD could not stop them but could out score them and that finally was the way the game worked out. Haislip's confidence must be very high as well as Barbee but everyone did get in the scoring flow. IMO, the scoring was too easy and RD will have to play defense to go far in the tournament. They can play defense to. They have exhibited it. Haislip played at a level evidently few have seen her play. Thirty three points is exceptional against a good team

But someone getting 20 points against RD would make the coach, I'm sure, uneasy. Best of luck to you Monday Nite.

most of those points came in the first half too it seemed like in the first half they was tearing us up in the middle however the coaching staff made a change and that stopped in the second half

La Vergne girls answer challenge at Northeast

BY JIMMY TRODGLEN ??? GANNETT TENNESSEE ??? February 28, 2009

Post a CommentRecommend Print this page E-mail this article Share Del.icio.us

Facebook

Digg

Reddit

Newsvine

Buzz up! CLARKSVILLE ??” With every basket scored by Northeast, there was always an answer from La Vergne.

When Northeast erased a nine-point fourth-quarter deficit to take a one-point lead with 2:47 remaining, La Vergne answered.

When Northeast cut a six-point deficit down to one in the game's final 50 seconds, there was another rebuttal from La Vergne.

When Northeast pushed, the Lady Wolverines pushed back ultimately relying on balanced scoring and near-perfect free-throw shooting to beat the Lady Eagles 70-68 on Friday in the Region 5-AAA tournament quarterfinals.

LaQuinta Jefferson and Jasmine Dale scored 21 points each, and Jasmine Brimm added 16 for La Vergne. La Vergne jumped out to a 27-15 lead after the first quarter, built a 14-point lead in the second, and fought off repeated comeback attempts from Northeast.

The Lady Wolverines (21-7) move into the tournament semifinals where they will play Wilson Central at 6 p.m. Monday at Hendersonville.

"We are excited about the win, we really are, and LaQuinta is playing great with a weak hand, but nobody knows it because of the way she plays," La Vergne coach Keith Dean said. "She has a heart to play tough basketball."

The Lady Eagles (22-7) cut the margin to 67-66 on a 3-pointer from Alexis Poythress. But La Vergne made it a 70-66 game when it went 3-for-4 from the free throw line, only to watch Northeast charge back.

With three seconds remaining, Rachel Allen was fouled on a short jumper pulling the Lady Eagles within 70-68. She intentionally missed the free throw, but La Vergne answered again pulling down the rebound, ending the game.

In her final game with Northeast, Kamiko Williams, a Tennessee commitment, finished with 22 points. She scored 10 points in the second quarter when Northeast climbed back into the game, cutting La Vergne's lead to 35-31 at the half. During a timeout with 4:47 remaining, Williams vomited near the Northeast bench, but went back out the floor to spark more Northeast comeback attempts.

"She was just playing her heart out, she wasn't sick," Northeast coach Tracie Mason-Blair said. "Everybody got out there and played a great game and I am proud of all of them.

"That was the best game of the season, I couldn't ask for anything more."

With the score tied at 7-7, La Vergne took command with an 18-4 scoring run. The Lady Wolverines led 25-11 and had a 12-point lead going into the second quarter.

La Vergne led 35-21 late in the second when Northeast closed the half with a 10-0 run.

"The first quarter we wanted to jump out on them, and then we started losing focus," Dean said. "We have to stay focused and believe in what we do, because if you get in a comfort zone you start making all kind of mistakes.

"The first quarter we said, 'Let's go,' but we started watching Kamiko, and we don't need to watch her, we needed to stop her."

La Vergne 70, Northeast 68

La Vergne 27 8 19 15 - 70

Northeast 15 16 15 22 - 68

La Vergne: LaQuinta Jefferson 21, Alex Swope 4, Jasmine Brimm 16, Jasmine Dale 21, Stephanie Myers 8.

Northeast: Sharonica Jones 2, Rachel Allen 13, Kamiko Williams 22, Siobhan Pride 9, Alexis Poythress 7, Desiree Wilks 2, Destiny Wilks 13.

Smyrna girls whip Dickson County

BY JARED HASTINGS ??? JHASTINGS@DNJ.COM ??? February 28, 2009

Post a CommentRecommend Print this page E-mail this article Share Del.icio.us

Facebook

Digg

Reddit

Newsvine

Buzz up! SMYRNA ??” On a night when their high school careers could have ended, Smyrna's seniors were at their best.

Forwards Dymon Raynor and Alex Adams combined for 37 points and 17 rebounds as Smyrna used a strong first half to build an insurmountable lead and defeat visiting Dickson County 66-53 in the first round of the Region 5-AAA tournament Friday night at Smyrna High School.

Smyrna (22-8) advances to Monday night's semifinals against Clarksville at Hendersonville High School at 7:30 p.m.

"I thought we played really well, offensively and defensively, there in the first half," said Smyrna coach Steve Willey. "I thought we let down a little bit in the third quarter and Dickson County hit some shots, but we were in foul trouble all night."

Dickson County finishes its season 17-12.

It was the sixth-straight season Smyrna and Dickson County have met in the Region 5-AAA tournament with the season on the line. The Lady Bulldogs have won four of the six, including the past two.

Raynor finished with a game-high 23 points to go along with eight rebounds, and Adams posted 14 points and nine rebounds, but Dickson County kept the game tight for the first few minutes of the contest. The Lady Cougars held a brief lead, but Smyrna used a pair of 8-0 runs to take control.

After Kasey Cole's basket with two minutes remaining in the first quarter gave the Lady Cougars an 8-7 edge, Smyrna responded with back-to-back 3-pointers from freshman Toyree Watkins.

In the second quarter, after Becca Smithson's layup cut the deficit to 15-10, it was Shelby Moore connecting on back-to-back treys as the Lady Bulldogs built a 31-15 halftime advantage.

"It's tournament time and in these kinds of games players have to step up," said Willey, who coached the Lady Bulldogs to the Class AAA state tournament in 2008. "That's what happened tonight."

The Lady Bulldogs led by as many as 21 in the second half, but each time Dickson County fought back, getting to within 12 with 5:41 remaining on Smithson's basket.

However, the Lady Cougars could get no closer.

"Our girls fought hard," said Dickson County coach Eve Hamilton, whose team finished third in the District 10-AAA tournament. "But Dymon (Raynor) and Alex (Adams) were just too much for us to overcome."

Smithson led Dickson County finishing with 14 points before fouling out with just over a minute left to play.

Smyrna junior guard Katie Williams scored just four points, but finished with 10 assists, six rebounds, five steals and a block.

"The big thing is that we get to advance to our next game," said Willey. "I'm proud of our kids, and now we just have to go get ready for the next one."

Smyrna 66, Dickson Co. 53

Dickson Co. 8 7 14 24 ??” 53

Smyrna 15 16 17 18 ??” 66

Dickson Co. (17-12) ??” Becca Smithson 14, Amelia Downs 13, Jordan Jennings 10, Kasey Cole 10, Leah Bradshaw 2, Rachel Stanford 2, Lakeesha Knox 2.

Smyrna (22-8) ??” Dymon Raynor 23, Alex Adams 14, Toyree Watkins 6, Shelby Moore 6, Ty Hampton 5, Katie Williams 4, Ashley Lassiter 4, Paige Malone 3.

Will the White Co., cookeville, warren, coffee, cumberland district be 6aaa?

85, I believe Cumberland High School will be also. Go to the TSSAA home page and on it you will see the reclassification of districts for 2009 and look on it and it will outline the schools. Why they left our two Districts with 6 Schools I'm not sure.