Dist 4-A! How do you see it ending up?

superdaveosborne

So....back to the matter at hand. Any other comments or input on how the teams in District 4 will fair? If anyone has any news on how the Scott Co vs Wartburg scrimmage goes tonight please post.

I wish the very best for all teams and coaches. LETS PLAY BALL !! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bballpain

do you realize who does the hiring in the schools. If I have heard right, The principle does the hiring and all the interviews for each school that he/she is principle and then recommends them to the director/superiendent. Yes the Director of schools is J. Davis's father but he only hires the ones that the principle recommends.

I hate to tell you but the director does make the disicions. I have heard many stories from very reliable people that state that a principal did highly recommend them, but the director turned them down because they did not have the right "last name" or are related to the "wrong people". This does happen in Morgan County! Sorry to say it, but it does it is just a fact. So whether or not this affects the coaching job or not, it just seems odd that a director's son gets a head coaching position in a high school the year after the non-principal coaching rule takes place. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Well since Hines returned to Coalbucket and Christopher went back to Oz.....then Dallas should have reappeared in /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> Sunbright /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> ! I mean its only logical....huh?!?! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Kazzy

Sunbright sure could use him /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Not sure they had organized basketball in Fred or Dallas's days. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Heath played only at Oakdale, but is a very knowledgeable and capable coach as well as a great young man.

Don't know anything about Jason, but Dallas "The Legend" Davis IS

Wartburg Lady Bulldog basketball. Plain and simple. . .

Is Ed Diden considering coming back to Morgan Co. for the Director's job? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

The Varsity won by about 25 I think and the J.V. won by about 18. The team looked much better but there are still some issues that need to be worked out but from saturday to tuesday there has been some serious improvement.

rsquared,

I agree with you 100% Dallas Davis is Wartburg Girl's Basketball, Boy's Basketball, Football, Math, Science, P.E. class, runs Hardee's, WECO, Sonic, was the best water boy in TTU's history, and just about everything else that is Wartburg!

Go to CHS and look at the facilities they're nasty, the dress code is barely there at all I was embarrased during Halloween, and ask his teachers about discipline in the classrooms. Yep, Dallas Davis has proven to be larger than his school or school system!

When Dallas retires do you folks think that the morgan co. board of ed. should close central high school? It would be impossible to replace such a man.

Maybe they should clone him! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Playermom,

Don't forget the hardware store! I heard he runs that too! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I think that the dist will finish like this

1. O.S.

2. Coalfield

3. Wartburg

4. Oneida

5. Sunbright

6. Oakdale

But I wouldn't count Wartburg out late in the season!

WBSOFTBALL

You stated that the new board members constituents wanted another way of getting a new director, to me this needs to be addressed with the state rep. not the school board. The state if I am correct passed a law that all superintendent will be appointed not elected by popular vote, which I think is a very big mistake on the states part.

You must be a WIFE of a board member, the radio did not say anything about Mr. Davis being able to submit his application for this again, why would he want to do that when they must not have any confidence in him. One of the board members that was on the radio that voted for him stated that all the board members but one gave Mr. Davis an above standard evulation every year. This seems to alot that I have talked to this past weekend that Mr. Dallas Davis is still angry at not being able to coach. This should not ever come in to play with any of the ball teams kids in anyway shape form or fashion

East Tennessee Kid

I attended the board meeting, this is why I know what I know. I agree the state made a mistake when they took the decision out of the voters hands and placed it in 6 peoples hands. But with that decision the 6 are to uphold what their constituents ask of them, if possible and reasonable. I agree the kids should never ever become a bargaining chip. But as I was informed from the new board member Dallas Davis played no part in his decision, basketball nor any other form of sport was involved in his decision. He went with his heart and try to do what was asked of him by his constituents.

East Tennessee Kid

I attended the board meeting, this is why I know what I know. I agree the state made a mistake when they took the decision out of the voters hands and placed it in 6 peoples hands. But with that decision the 6 are to uphold what their constituents ask of them, if possible and reasonable. I agree the kids should never ever become a bargaining chip. But as I was informed from the new board member Dallas Davis played no part in his decision, basketball nor any other form of sport was involved in his decision. He went with his heart and try to do what was asked of him by his constituents.

WBSOFTBALL.

If you attended the board meeting as you say, then you know who all was there, I did some checking after you posted this and was told that the only people there besides the three principles one supervisor was two central office workers and two technology workers and the news paper editor and some guy working on something from sunbirght. So you must be one of them or a board member /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> or the editor of the morgan county news, then i guess you know what went on in the meeting. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

bulldogplayermom:

I was simply expressing my personal opinion, as I believe is one of the purposes of this message board.

If you have a problem with Dallas Davis, and/or the way he runs the school, why not approach him about it? I just happen to have enjoyed working with him at the high school and feel that he has done a phenomenal job with the girls program over the years. That's all I'm saying.

I don't feel that we have to worship the man, as your sarcastic remarks seem to indicate, and if you feel like he has let WCHS fall into such a sad state, then take it up with him or the school board or seek to become part of the solution in some positive way.

Peace,

---rSquared

rsquared,

I agree with you 100% Dallas Davis is Wartburg Girl's Basketball, Boy's Basketball, Football, Math, Science, P.E. class, runs Hardee's, WECO, Sonic, was the best water boy in TTU's history, and just about everything else that is Wartburg!

Go to CHS and look at the facilities they're nasty, the dress code is barely there at all I was embarrased during Halloween, and ask his teachers about discipline in the classrooms. Yep, Dallas Davis has proven to be larger than his school or school system!

When Dallas retires do you folks think that the morgan co. board of ed. should close central high school? It would be impossible to replace such a man.