Class 1A Mr. Football Official Ballot

CoachT

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marco set the bar high the past two years. Seems like no one has the numbers he put up.

Yeah but thats all MTP had. He ran the ball 96% of the time against teams likeZion, Perry, Ca, huntland and so on.

Someone just said it on an earlier post Jones from SP hasnt played a full game yet.

From what I read the Jones kid from SP

COLTON SPEED.......Union City

So far in this yrs. season colton speed has 1,218 yard rushing with a 8.2 avg. and 21 TD's

and 541 passing with 5 more Td's ( 26 Td's ) 1259 total offensive yrd. 4 int's

I've know this young man since he was 12 yr. old

Very talented young man. He has help his team and their program this yr. Who cares what others have done on the past yrs. This yr is what counts and his stats with the help of his teammates have put them on top in west TN.

Marco set the bar high the past two years. Seems like no one has the numbers he put up.

Numbers can be grossly misleading though. David Jones of South Pittsburg has been in 6 of 8 games that were "Mercy Rule" and on top of that, South Pittsburg is known for having multiple 1000+ yard rushers in the back field. Besides, Mr. Football is also about the defensive side of the ball. Jones can bring the wood on the defensive side of the ball as well. Jones would be a go pick based on his play on offense or defense, but especially both.

Since this is 1A and many players play both ways, that should carry some weight for 1A Mr. Football.

Alright here you go coach!!! Jared White kicker from Trousdale County is truly awesome he booms 90% of his kickoffs in the endzone and is perfect on fg attempts and extras. The kid also punts and is a very good student if thats not worthy of some recognition i don't know what is.

Also Brent Ford from TC is a beast of a lineman.

The Jones kid from South Pitt is a special kind of athlete.

These are my nominees coach you can take them to the bank.

I'd be interested in stats for Josh Blake, QB for Grace Baptist. He is a great athlete. Very good passer and can run. I'm sure he could be a 1,000 yard rusher and passer by now this season.

I don't have exact stats on Josh but...He is right around a 1000 yards rushing with around 10-15 rushing TDs and over a 1000 yards passing with 25 TDs and only 1 INT. A 25/1 TD/INT ratio is pretty good. I don't know exactly how many INTs on defense he has, but its about 3-4. No clue on tackles.

RB . Mitch Miller from Cosby has his team sittin at 8-1 and on the cusp of the schools first region title ever with them at 4-0 in region play with one game left. He has 907 rushing yards and 11 tds to go with 60 tackles on defense with 2 ints one returned for a td.

MITCH IS A GREAT BACK /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

someone Manassas played has mentioned him - James King - Manassas

6' 1" 195 lbs

Now has 1256 yards on 112 carries

6 of 8 games have gone mercy rule and he hasn't played in the fourth quarter of any of those games

In the only games he palyed the whole game:

Fayette Academy: 279 yards

Trinty Christian: 198 yards

These happen to be his 2 best nights which came against his 2 best opponents - so far

Shares backfield with another player with 800 yards rushing, so his numbers aren't because he gets the ball the whole time - check out the yards/carry - over 10!

One other thing of note - Great pass blocker, and super hands out of thr backfield