Class 1A Mr. Football Official Ballot

CoachT

The Good Chef says he just doesnt get on here much Bassbro...No other screen name on here..I live in a world of reality..I wasnt meaning to beat a dead dog...From what I understand those close to him was upset over his reaction and I truely hope he learned a valuable lesson...We were just suprised to see that from a very very smart young man..I think Jones deserves to be nominated just like many other of SP great backs of the past..But like the others before him, I think he will be overlooked..Those guys in Nashville always seem to vote for someone in that area..Im not sure what you mean by kicking rocks but ok..I will give it a shot...In the mean time I think you should drive up and try a cup of cheese soup compliments of the good Chef...

Sorry just input here where I deem it needed.Gold balls excite us a bit more than anything here.Hope all the young men nominated fit into some college level and get a free ride.And going on to play big time college football was 1 of David's goal's.Those are the goals.What's past is past.MVP's in championship games is more like it around here.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OP, they give a Mr. Football kicker award for the top kicker in the state. 1 award for all classifications, only 3 nominees for the entire state. Not real sure on how long this has been awarded though.

Heck, Old Pirate never claimed to know anything, but did not know of the Mr. Football Kicker award. Hum.....does anyone know how long this has been awarded?

When are these award even announced? My predictions for 1A back of the year are David Jones, Josh Blake and the kid from Union City I have been reading about on here. Oneida seems to have some good linemen so I will say Oneida might get a linemen, along with someone from Trousdale and someone else from the west Tennessee area.

1A Lineman

Brent Ford, Trousdale County

Preston Gilbreath, Mt. Pleasant

Tyler Richerdson, Grace Christian

1A Back

David Jones, South Pittsburg

James King, Manassas

Colton Speed, Union City

Hey Pirate Nation. Looks like nobody from Nashville area to contend with Mr. Jones. Best of luck to him. I hope he wins it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

1A Lineman

Brent Ford, Trousdale County

Preston Gilbreath, Mt. Pleasant

Tyler Richerdson, Grace Christian

1A Back

David Jones, South Pittsburg

James King, Manassas

Colton Speed, Union City

Hey Pirate Nation. Looks like nobody from Nashville area to contend with Mr. Jones. Best of luck to him. I hope he wins it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

What are the stats on James King and Colton Speed?

What are the stats on James King and Colton Speed?

Never mind, I James King on unapproved website.com. 1500 yards and 12 TDs is a very good season. Congrats on being nominated, but over Josh Blake, I don't see how that happens. Does getting hurt and losing first game of playoffs hurt your chances?

I know many schools don't use unapproved website, but you can compare Josh and he averages over 200 yards/game of total offense. Rushed for more TDs (15) as a QB compared to a guy that is a RB. Not quite as many yards but he is a QB, not supposed to but still put up just shy of 1000. I already know the stats are higher in total to Speed. I dunno, these other guys are definitely deserving and congrats for their great season. But I just don't see how Josh gets left out.