Class 5A Mr. Football Official Ballot

CoachT

I do have some nominations from Ooltewah:

LINE: #67 Que Jackson, 6', 240, Senior, DT & OL - in 7 games (8 weeks) 33 tackles (18 for loss), 8.5 sacks 17 QB hurries.

LINE: #36 Jacquez Smith, 6'3. 235, Junior DE & TE - 7 game totals, 50 tackles (20 for a loss of 121 yards), 8 sacks, 19 QB hurries and 3 passes defended, also 3 receptions for 37 yards.

KICKER: #16 John Long, 6' 175, Junior K/P - 8 for 8 on field goals (long of 44, 3 for 3 on 40+), 28 of 29 on extra points, hit 28 of 45 kickoffs for touchback, 22 punts for 35.1 average, 6 inside of 20.

Thanks for the consideration, Coach T and any others with a Mr. Football ballot. I plan to update after each of the remaining games

All of the above deserve serious consideration. Also John Long has a high GPA.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do like the Baltensberger kid from Millington for kicker, but I am gonna go with the two kids from Cordova for backs of the year. Rashard Shaw the RB and Keaton Baker the QB, two really good players who are both having solid seasons. Tausean Holmes is a dynamic player but I just like these two kids after watching them on film.

I do like the Baltensberger kid from Millington for kicker, but I am gonna go with the two kids from Cordova for backs of the year. Rashard Shaw the RB and Keaton Baker the QB, two really good players who are both having solid seasons. Tausean Holmes is a dynamic player but I just like these two kids after watching them on film.

The millington kicker is having a great year and he has been struggling with a deep thigh bruise on his kicking leg and is still performing each week. i do not know about kickers around the state but i am sure there are others having great years also so Good luck to all of them.

I have seen Shaw and Baker live and they are good players but i have also watched Holmes live and there really is no comparison in the talent. Shaw is a scat back with good quickness but lacks breakaway speed, i have seen him caught from behind by not so fast players (Bartlett) and once you get your hands on him he is finished. Baker throws a good ball with no pressure but struggles to find receivers and make good passes under pressure. Holmes has the same quickness and elusiveness that Shaw possesses but also has the power to run through and over tacklers and when he gets loose he will not be caught from behind. Good luck getting your hands on him i have seen him make sick moves on the field when it seemed the Defense had him stopped cold and drag and break through multiple tackles on a single play. My vote would be Holmes around here. Just like the kickers, I am sure there are plenty of good backs across the state but my vote would go to Holmes of Millington.

The millington kicker is having a great year and he has been struggling with a deep thigh bruise on his kicking leg and is still performing each week. i do not know about kickers around the state but i am sure there are others having great years also so Good luck to all of them.

I have seen Shaw and Baker live and they are good players but i have also watched Holmes live and there really is no comparison in the talent. Shaw is a scat back with good quickness but lacks breakaway speed, i have seen him caught from behind by not so fast players (Bartlett) and once you get your hands on him he is finished. Baker throws a good ball with no pressure but struggles to find receivers and make good passes under pressure. Holmes has the same quickness and elusiveness that Shaw possesses but also has the power to run through and over tacklers and when he gets loose he will not be caught from behind. Good luck getting your hands on him i have seen him make sick moves on the field when it seemed the Defense had him stopped cold and drag and break through multiple tackles on a single play. My vote would be Holmes around here. Just like the kickers, I am sure there are plenty of good backs across the state but my vote would go to Holmes of Millington.

K. Baker is the best quarterback in Region 7-5A without a doubt. He might be the best throwing quarterback in 5A Football in the Memphis Area. He can make all the throws, he has a cannon for an arm, great leadership qualities and he is a straight A student. R. Shaw is an outstanding back and he never just goes down when you get your hands on him. He Power Cleans 310, Squats 505 and Bench Presses 310. He ran a 4.52 at the Nike Combine in Houston and a 4.17 shuttle (the second fastest time there, behind teammate F. Cleaves-4.14) He must be doing something right 1012 yards on 149 carries and 12 touchdowns, plus 1 punt returned for 60 yards score against Ridgeway.

Patrick miller.... over 730 yards recieving.... like 7 td receptions... kicks extra points and field goals.... like 5 picks and 1 i no of was a pick 6

Cordova also has two defensive players that are having great seasons. LB K. Estes (5/11-215) 59 solos, 55 assists, 12 tackles for loss, 3 forced fumbles, 2 recovered fumbles and 2 pass break ups. He Power Cleans 285, Squats 525, and Bench Presses 315. DE/OLB Q. Clark (6/6-200) 48 solo tackles, 25 assists, 16 tackles for loss, 12 qb sacks, 20 qb hurries, 2 forced fumbles, 2 recovered fumbles, 4 blocked punts and 2 blocked fg/ext pt. Almost forgot, he also runs a 46.8 400 meters making him the 4th fastest in the nation (Nike Invitational this summer).

K. Baker is the best quarterback in Region 7-5A without a doubt. He might be the best throwing quarterback in 5A Football in the Memphis Area. He can make all the throws, he has a cannon for an arm, great leadership qualities and he is a straight A student. R. Shaw is an outstanding back and he never just goes down when you get your hands on him. He Power Cleans 310, Squats 505 and Bench Presses 310. He ran a 4.52 at the Nike Combine in Houston and a 4.17 shuttle (the second fastest time there, behind teammate F. Cleaves-4.14) He must be doing something right 1012 yards on 149 carries and 12 touchdowns, plus 1 punt returned for 60 yards score against Ridgeway.

Dash, He is having a nice year and his stats are good and weights are good and track speed is good and so on and so on.... I would have to argue th QB position Baker may be the best in 7-5a because there are no QB's in that league but the best in West TN is Brunetti at MUS. This kid has a true arm and pocket skills unmatched. He works his progressions in the passing game and is a true threat with his feet. He is not a frail QB with averge speed. He is a big time QB with great high school football field speed, just ask Melrose. Brunetti is clearly the best QB in the area.

Dash, He is having a nice year and his stats are good and weights are good and track speed is good and so on and so on.... I would have to argue th QB position Baker may be the best in 7-5a because there are no QB's in that league but the best in West TN is Brunetti at MUS. This kid has a true arm and pocket skills unmatched. He works his progressions in the passing game and is a true threat with his feet. He is not a frail QB with averge speed. He is a big time QB with great high school football field speed, just ask Melrose. Brunetti is clearly the best QB in the area.

I never said anything about MUS and their quarterback. I said 5A football in the Memphis Area, meaning Region 7-5A and region 8-5A. Brunetti is a great player. I love that there is never any talent in Region 7-5A, funny that everyone else has all these talented kids, but not Region 7-5A. I'm sure there are a few coaches that might argue that, Millington has had a few in the NFL and Cordova has three in the NFL currently and the other schools have had several go to college and do well, so that Region is not some joke as you would like to think.

Are any big time schools looking at Holmes?

Are any big time schools looking at Holmes?

I can't answer that would have to Ask MarkH or RobM they would probably know that info. I know Memphis is talking to him which would be a good offensive scheme for him but they have lots of young back their so not a good fit. I would like to see him playing on the Defensive side of the ball at the next level.

Stephen Stansell from McMinn County Hands Down for 5A Kicker

2005-2007 81 of 91 Extra Points

10 of 12 FG's

Kick offs as Freshman thru Junior Year avg 58 yards.

2008 12 of 12 Extra Points

7 of 10 FG's (2 Blocks, 1 Miss) Distance 43,49,35,51,28,39,39

Kickoff's 23 with 19 as touchbacks (8 of those out of the endzone)

Still 2 games and a playoff left.