Class 5A Mr. Football Official Ballot

CoachT

Stephen Stansell from McMinn County Hands Down for 5A Kicker

2005-2007 81 of 91 Extra Points

10 of 12 FG's

Kick offs as Freshman thru Junior Year avg 58 yards.

2008 12 of 12 Extra Points

7 of 10 FG's (2 Blocks, 1 Miss) Distance 43,49,35,51,28,39,39

Kickoff's 23 with 19 as touchbacks (8 of those out of the endzone)

Still 2 games and a playoff left.

ill take john long from ooltewah

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tausean Holmes of Millington. Has 54 carries for 933 yds (17.3) and 16 TD. Has 5 receptions for 229 yds (45.8) and 5 TD. Has returned 4 kicks for 159 yds (39.8) and 4 punts for 114 yds (25.5) and 1 TD. He has also picked one pass off for 44 yds.

Tausean has "touched" the ball 68 times for a total of 1,479 yds and 22 TD's. He is averaging almost 22 yds everytime he touches the ball. He has accomplished this by only playing 1 full game,3 quarters in 2 others, 1 half in 4 others and 1 quarter in 1 game. It equals out to being not even 5 full games. As a junior last year he was on the Millington team that was 13-1 and advanced to the 5A seminfinals and Millington is currently 8-0 and the number 3 team in the state in the 5A AP poll.

Kicker-Matt Baltensperger-Millington. 6 out of 7 on FG with a long of 46. He is 35 of 36 on XP and is putting the majority of his kickoffs inside the 10 yd line if not into the end zone.

Any big time schools looking at Holmes?

Okay Thanks, just kinda curious to what college level he will play on.

I would think that Holmes could play in the backfield of a D1 school if it was the right system because of his size 5'10" 185. He is a hard runner but not really suited for Pro I sytems with a lot of running between the tackles. He is great in space and has good receiving ablilty and a lot of college offensive are more open now so there should be some opportunity. I really think he is a great defensive player, Big hitter and great tackler with natural instincts to get to the ball and make plays but who knows, good luck to him where ever he end up because he is a good kid with great work ethic and ability.

I've seen this name before, but my pick is Chaz Scales (QB/DB) from Centennial. He's been the center of the Cougars offense this season, and has become the main figure for the Cougar's 11th ranked offense. 812 yards passing, 728 yards on the ground, but the perhaps the most eye-popping stat is his 21 Touchdowns through 8 games this year (10 pass, 10 rush, 1 INT return). On defense, he's been a shutdown corner (3 INTs) and has kept alot of potent passing games from taking off in games this year.

Tausean Holmes is a definite D-1 caliber athlete. He is a playmaker. Look for him to make his biggest impact in the return game early in his college career. He has the ability to be a heck of a kick/punt returner at the next level for sure. At 5'10" 185pds he can play either the RB or WR positon at the next level and on defense He has the natural instincts to excell at the DB position.

Now is your one and only chance to convince me, and several other voters who will be reading this, who the Mr. Football Lineman, Back, and Kicker should be:

I must return the ballot by November 3rd.

Negative remarks will do nothing to help your candidate!

Scott Parrott ( Junior ) - Soddy Daisy Region 2 5A thru 9 regular season games. One game in regular season left then playoffs.

Attempts - 189

Completions - 129

Percentage - .68 - School Record

Passing Yds - 1,932 - School Record

Passing TD'S - 24 - School Record

Rushing TD'S - 3

Interceptions - 4