Week 9 Big Games in Memphis

kwc

MUS in a blowout

Cordova-setting up the game for all the marbles Halloween night in Cordova

White Station

Houston-not sold on Kirby yet but Flowers has done a pretty good job so far. They just need to beat someone who isn't a perennial punching bag. I wouldn't wish their final 5 game schedule on anyone.

Respect the 'Haven. Germantown is overrated.

Thank you sir. G-Town is overrated huh? ... I see that I am the only one to pick Kirby as well.

escaladedriver and east mustang ... jump in here and give us your picks. I know you guys are reading this thread! ... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Come on ... jump on in!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They squeak by Kirby. The only reason they beat Collierville is because of a KR for a TD and then a blocked punt. They were dominated offensively by the Dragons by a 2 to 1 ratio. Their other wins aren't anything special. Now IF (and that is a big IF) they were able to beat Whitehaven, I would have to change my thinking on that. But they are going into the Haven Friday night and I don't think they will be able to come back in one piece from that game.

They squeak by Kirby. The only reason they beat Collierville is because of a KR for a TD and then a blocked punt. They were dominated offensively by the Dragons by a 2 to 1 ratio. Their other wins aren't anything special. Now IF (and that is a big IF) they were able to beat Whitehaven, I would have to change my thinking on that. But they are going into the Haven Friday night and I don't think they will be able to come back in one piece from that game.

I like the sounds of that. I am cautiously awaiting the game however and I will assume nothing. The loss to Houston caught my attention though. I've seen Kirby and Kirby is a pretty good. But I agree ... their body of work isn't overwhelming. I think Whitehaven will win and I hope Whitehaven can rest some of their key players these next two games in preperations for the playoffs.

Man, two predicted a MUS blowout over ECS. Where's the love???

All out of love i'm afraid ... LOL. Nothing left but blow outs!

I feel your pain wsttnballer. No props given to ECS whatsoever. I happen to think it has more to do with the MUS/Briarcrest margin of victory then it does the CBHS/ECS outcome. Also, it also depends upon how one views what a blow out is. A blow out to me is a 3 TD margin of victory. That's just me. Losing 28-14 isn't a blowout. Losing 35-14 is.

All out of love i'm afraid ... LOL. Nothing left but blow outs!

I feel your pain wsttnballer. No props given to ECS whatsoever. I happen to think it has more to do with the MUS/Briarcrest margin of victory then it does the CBHS/ECS outcome. Also, it also depends upon how one views what a blow out is. A blow out to me is a 3 TD margin of victory. That's just me. Losing 28-14 isn't a blowout. Losing 35-14 is.

I hear ya. You're probably right, most of it's based on the Briarcrest game. Let's hope our defense does a better job. Unfortunately, I'm expecting a loss, but I would be suprised by a blowout. Man, the CBHS game was a defensive struggle for sure, both Offenses looked weak.

I hear ya. You're probably right, most of it's based on the Briarcrest game. Let's hope our defense does a better job. Unfortunately, I'm expecting a loss, but I would be suprised by a blowout. Man, the CBHS game was a defensive struggle for sure, both Offenses looked weak.

I think ECS defense is better then Briarcrest defense therefore I don't expect a blowout either. But I think MUS defense is better then CBHS' defense as well as MUS offense is better then CBHS' offense.

Maybe that is how they are getting to a blowout?

I think ECS defense is better then Briarcrest defense therefore I don't expect a blowout either. But I think MUS defense is better then CBHS' defense as well as MUS offense is better then CBHS' offense.

Maybe that is how they are getting to a blowout?

The recipe is certainly there for a blowout based on your accurate analysis.

It is going to be sloppy tonight in the memphis area with fields in poor condition does anyone think their picks might change based on the style of offense a team plays. Passing teams could have trouble keeping the ball dry and running teams could have trouble with their footing. maybe the scores are lower than expected. Does lower scores mean different winners.