Reclassification

w1ldcat

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We Maryville fans hate it because we will have to move up and play with the "Big Boys" and we will never win another game, much less a Gold Ball. Not even our high ranking administrator that we snuck onto the TSSAA Board can stop it. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

We Maryville fans hate it because we will have to move up and play with the "Big Boys" and we will never win another game, much less a Gold Ball. Not even our high ranking administrator that we snuck onto the TSSAA Board can stop it. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

I knew that was coming from somebody. From what I've heard around here, Dobyns-Bennett is going to end that Maryville streak next year if you all aren't afraid to play them. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

now now dont be bitter , let the story unfold next year, until then lets wait and then after next year either side can say I TOLD YOU SO..........for me regardless i think its a great streak even if you have been playing in a lower division, it is a very tough thing to do win all those games so congrats-----

not to start anything but as a outsider with no vested interest except love of high school ball and not really getting anything from media just what i read on here I would like to ask a few questions

what was the enrollment last year-

next year for reclassification

is it open border

what would you say is the one reason year after year you are a force wheras other teams seem to win/lose in cycles

So the way I understand it is that half of the teams per class in each region will make the playoffs. For example, in the Maryville region, you will have

Maryville, Farragut, Bearden, William Blount, Heritage, and Hardin Valley in 6A

Lenior City, South-Doyle, and West in 5A

So 3 of the 6A schools are in and either 1 or 2 of the 5A schools are in (depending on record).

Until Hardin Valley gets a little older, you would have to figure that Maryville and Farragut are in with Bearden/WB fighting for the other berth. Correct?

So the way I understand it is that half of the teams per class in each region will make the playoffs. For example, in the Maryville region, you will have

Maryville, Farragut, Bearden, William Blount, Heritage, and Hardin Valley in 6A

Lenior City, South-Doyle, and West in 5A

So 3 of the 6A schools are in and either 1 or 2 of the 5A schools are in (depending on record).

Until Hardin Valley gets a little older, you would have to figure that Maryville and Farragut are in with Bearden/WB fighting for the other berth. Correct?

That's correct. Here in East TN we will have Dobyns-Bennett, Science Hill in 6A. Sullivan South, TN High, Daniel Boone, David Crockett, Sullivan Central, and Volunteer. Sullivan South and TN High are almost givens so you will have 4 teams fighting for the last spot excluding a team making it with a wild card berth. As far as travel goes, it seems like the only teams traveling a great distance before were the teams in the Big East conference. Knoxville teams traveling 100 miles or so to northeast TN and vice versa. Are other conferences around the state spread out that far?

Here are the ru,ors I heard about the playoffs for next year.

If you have 3 teams in the same class - 1 automatic qualifier

If you have 4 teams in the same class - 2 automatic qualifiers

If you have 5 or more teams in the same class - 3 auto matic qualifiers

Now if this aint so, let me know.

I dont think they will have 5+ teams from the same class in a district. That again is just a rumor I heard.

Here are the ru,ors I heard about the playoffs for next year.

If you have 3 teams in the same class - 1 automatic qualifier

If you have 4 teams in the same class - 2 automatic qualifiers

If you have 5 or more teams in the same class - 3 auto matic qualifiers

Now if this aint so, let me know.

I dont think they will have 5+ teams from the same class in a district. That again is just a rumor I heard.

Pretty much, DD.

As I understand it from a couple of administrators, the plan is allegedly that 50% of the teams from each playoff classification will make the playoffs. If there is an uneven number then you get the extra "half" spot. For instance if you have 5 from one class, you get 3 slots, if that makes sense. At least that is how they understand it at this point. I haven't seen how "wild cards" will be selected. As we know in dealing with the TSSAA in past issues, however, that is all subject to change.

For what it's worth, the same administrators believe that AAA district three will look like this:

Anderson County (5A)

Campbell County (6A)

Knoxville Central (5A)

Clinton (5A)

Halls (5A)

Hardin Valley (6A)

Karns (6A)

Powell (5A)

Oak Ridge (6A)

So, if this proves true there will be 3 5A guaranteed playoffs slots and 2 guaranteed 6A slots from district three.

Like I said, everything is subject to change, but that's what is being thrown out there right now. It is all supposed to officially come out around the 14th of November.