THE EAST TN RIVALRY

ArtVandalay

Bummer. Can anyone confirm this?

QUOTE (WaCoJaCo @ Oct 29 2008 - 09:49 AM)

We don't need a smoke screen for our conference, only the playoffs where we are always one and done.

Sure can. (not always. Some years 2nd round happens) DB lost, at home, as the top seed in 2001 AND 2005 AND 2006!

DB .... voted AP's all time underachiever. 40 years and counting!

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WaCoJaCo @ Oct 29 2008 - 09:49 AM)

We don't need a smoke screen for our conference, only the playoffs where we are always one and done.

Sure can. (not always. Some years 2nd round happens) DB lost, at home, as the top seed in 2001 AND 2005 AND 2006!

DB .... voted AP's all time underachiever. 40 years and counting!

I gotta ask 03,since we know that Maryville doesn't claim U as a fan or past player,who is it that U pull for thats got all the dirty rusty old plaques? I know that THS won the state once or twice,is that what you brag about.I really don't know if South has ever won a state title or not,but I do know that people all over the state has heard of DB and know they are always competetive in sports.It really doesn't matter how many times that U try to make fun of the accomplishments or failures in the playoffs,when U tell people that U are from Kingsport they say DB? So U and wildcat can tease or joke all U want,but remember what goes around comes around. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I gotta ask 03,since we know that Maryville doesn't claim U as a fan or past player,who is it that U pull for thats got all the dirty rusty old plaques? I know that THS won the state once or twice,is that what you brag about.I really don't know if South has ever won a state title or not,but I do know that people all over the state has heard of DB and know they are always competetive in sports.It really doesn't matter how many times that U try to make fun of the accomplishments or failures in the playoffs,when U tell people that U are from Kingsport they say DB? So U and wildcat can tease or joke all U want,but remember what goes around comes around. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Do you maybe just think people think of DB when you say Kingsport because your name is posted most places as Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> back at cha! When you tell people you are from DB, I assure you that they don't think about championships /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

" people all over the state has heard of DB and know they are always competetive in sports."

plowboy, DB spokesboy & lokal hickstorian

Well, they is now. Hearden en all 'bout U and 'em 'ousins of urin'.

Bring back the AP. The playoffs haven't been so kind.

Do you maybe just think people think of DB when you say Kingsport because your name is posted most places as Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> back at cha! When you tell people you are from DB, I assure you that they don't think about championships /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

But, GREAT BAND. Loyal fans. Deep athlete talent base. Top tier facilities.

Somebody should explain the playoffs to them.

40+ years and nothin'.

I'm not the Mo-Ron. The Mo-Ron would be tricitiessportsfan aka Ron Bliss. There's your Mo-Ron. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> back at cha!

Ron was at the Dobyns Bennett and Campbell Co game last Friday. I was at the Sullivan South and Elizabethton game with you and your boys. Ron took pictures and wrote an article on the Dobyns Bennett game, I listened to the Indians on the radio and started a thread commenting on your Rebels play against Elizabethton. Need more?

I'm not the Mo-Ron. The Mo-Ron would be tricitiessportsfan aka Ron Bliss. There's your Mo-Ron. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> back at cha!

How can you say your not a Mo-Ron....................Your a south fan /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

DB - 44

south - o

" people all over the state has heard of DB and know they are always competetive in sports."

plowboy, DB spokesboy & lokal hickstorian

Well, they is now. Hearden en all 'bout U and 'em 'ousins of urin'.

Bring back the AP. The playoffs haven't been so kind.

OK...i've got an idea. Let's make a system where you earn points. and the top eight teams will play in championship games, one being the state championships, and the rest will play in other games if they qualify. We'll call it, the "Bowl Championship Series".

How bout it?!

But, GREAT BAND. Loyal fans. Deep athlete talent base. Top tier facilities.

Somebody should explain the playoffs to them.

40+ years and nothin'.

03 or is it tpoole 12. I finally figured out who U are.Being from Willam Blount U have got nothing to brag about,especially this year.I know U have a kid playing at WB,maybe U ought to spend more time with him and let these DB people alone.

What in the world have you got to brag about.Since U showed up on the threads,about all I have seen U do is cheer lead. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> What was UR last user name? /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

U still haven't told us about the team that U cheer for and all that its done.Wildcat and U outta team up and cheer for each other. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

03, is a closet Tennessee High fan. He was all over these boards in support for the Vikings until the major beat down given to them by Maryville. He then deleated all his post and jumped ship and supposidly became a Maryville fan and DB hater. "bud" a DB fan in Nashville exposed 03 some time back. I think 03 might be suffering from some kind of "shock" brain disorder. He knows that Tennessee High can't beat DB so he just jumps on any band wagon he can. Its nice that DB receives this kind of attention. He's more concerned with DB's playoff record than all DB fans combined. I myself wouldn't trade 15 years of wins over south and tennessee high for a state championship. This is way more fun. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />