Franklin Rebels host Centennial Cougars

dwg03

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well im gonna take my cougars by 14.

i know that you probably think this is a biased prediction but here is my supporting info.

Centennial-

We have Chaz, who is probably the best QB in the region.

We also have a blazing fast backfield.

our O-line is finally gelling and putting it together it seems.

Drew Kelley is a pure athlete.

and our defense will play solid.

Franklin-

Offensive line looks to be flawed.

D-line is anything but big.

the secondary has nothing to speak of.

linebacking core struggles like a blind man in poker against the pass

and FRANKLIN DOESNT WANT IT BAD ENOUGH.

these kids have looked like they wanted their season to be over the past couple of weeks, only showing up late in both the clarksville and columbia games

I think this game is much more mental than it is physical for the Centennial side. If they can ignore the history of this game, they definitely have an opportunity to win.

Now, I don't quite agree with CHSAlumni that the defense will be solid, only because they have yet to really prove it against a decent team. The question is whether or not they can make just enough stops to give offense the opportunity to go ahead.

I do agree, however, that Centennial's speed on offense will make some big plays. If they can avoid turnovers, they will be in this game. I wouldn't be surprised to see one of these teams take a 14+ lead, and for the other team to close that gap towards the end of the game.

If there's a year to beat Franklin, Centennial might as well make it this one.

Many people from both sides represented in this thread have thrown me a ton of heat for my thoughts splattered across these message boards. I have been the topic of discussion on countless pages. Many have tried to drown me out, dis-credit my opinion, and count my team out. But after all the smoke has cleared away, here are the facts so far...

Everyone declared Ravenwood dead after they lost to Franklin (and lost a marquee player) these circumstances may have destroyed other teams, but "other teams" is not a category you will ever find Ravenwood High School in (especially as long as Coach Rector is at the helm). Now I am fully aware "CoachT" has become a common forum to display "feelings" about coaching staffs. I personally believe that Coach Rector is massively under-rated (in many aspects) IHS has stood behind Eubanks and his "coaching staff" (emphasis on quotation marks) even though the young Independence regime is crumbling/falling apart from every angle. Coach Clayton has somehow slipped a "roofy" into the drinks of his supporters, because his team sprinted out of the gate, but has obviously ran out of gas (and spirit) down the homeward stretch. But I digress...Coach Rector picked up the parts of his dismantled team, and with a little bit of elbow grease, and late nights, somehow handcrafted one of the scariest teams in the region 6. Even though RHS lost a heartbreaker to CHS, they have displayed flashes of brilliance against MBA & BHS. After being left for dead, Ravenwood has crawled out of the grave and placed themselves in the playoffs.

When everybody thought Franklin was the invincible-Juggernaut of the region, I predicted that Franklin would eventually "choke" against a major-region-rival. (for those of you keeping score that would be 2-for-2) but not only did I predict a collapse as typical-Franklin-proportions, but I predicted exactly how Franklin would waste their season, I prophesied that Franklin would be expected to stand Toe-to-Toe with the Bruins of Brentwood (envision Rocky 4). But when the punches started being thrown, and Franklin could not magically knock-out the Bruins in the first round (like they had become accustomed to) Franklin would "hit-the-panic-button" and start throwing Haymakers desperately. Meanwhile the disciplined Brentwood team would stick to the plan, and continue "working-the-body" of the Rebels until they curled-up-into-the-fetal-position-and-quit. For the few people out there who could not comprehend the "boxing match" analogy, I will clearly lay it out. Franklin got worried, and started searching for the "big play", but instead found mistake-after-mistake, followed by 3-and-outs, meanwhile Brentwood destroyed Franklin on the ground/ wore them out until the fourth quarter ended. Brentwood did not need to "win" the game, they simply needed to wait for Franklin to "lose" the game Sadly that "quitting-attitude" did not stop after the clock did against Brentwood. I completely agree "CHSAlumni" Franklin has quit. The rebels came out disgustingly flat against Columbia, Clarksville, and Dickson County. I would have expected Franklin to come out looking for blood & redemption, but I should have known better to expect anything more of a Coach Clayton led team. Any coach that would allow his team to simply "ghost-walk" through their final games, should realize he will never be on the same level as Coach Crawford & Rector.

I have been out-spoken in my thoughts and opinions so far, but allow the record to show that I have been right more than I have been wrong. I have been validated more than I have been proven refuted. Here we go again boys & girls...Kingz615 is back!!!

Oh! and a few more things...

"CHSAlumni" please give credit where credit is due, everything you "observed" about Franklin in your breakdown has been said before (by none other than...yours truly). Check the records, and good luck finding any more dirt on Franklin's excuse for a play-off-contender than I already have. One more thing "CHSAlumni", Chaz Scales may be one the best athletes in the region, and he is surely one of the most threatening weapons coming out of any backfield. But he is not the best QB in the region. I would have to bestow that honor on INDY's Alex Heckman, even though his numbers do not show it, and his team's success certainly does not show it. But anyone will agree that he simply has not been surrounded with the proper skill/talent or scheme/ system. But that is what happens when the system and players that Coach Smith assembled in place degrades away. Heckman has been (and will be next year) the victim of Coach Eubanks' ability (or inability) to ride the wave of Smith's genius/ success any further. Think about it INDY nation...Think about it (it all adds up)

If Centennial repeats last night's Columbia performance, FHS wins by 30.

Especially the 2nd half of last night. The first half they were able to move the ball at will, but turnovers made the game closer than it should have been.

I'm also very worried about Centennial's secondary. They were not very good last night, and Columbia was able to complete some pretty long passes on them.

On the plus side, Austin Bass has a HUGE leg for the kicking game, so kickoffs will be a non-factor.

It will be interesting to see what Chaz, Raymond and Tony are able to do with their speed. They might be a hair faster than Franklin, but not by very much.

I have to admit that I am curious to the outcome of this game. I have seen Franklin and have heard alot about Scales and Centennial. I remember seeing Scales when he was a freshman and thought he was by far the best player on the field. Both have very good offenses and both have good skill players, both can give up some yardage on defense. The question is who wants to stay at home and who wants to go on the road?