Franklin Rebels host Centennial Cougars

dwg03

There is not a single player at Franklin High School who wants to be remembered as "the first team that lost to Centennial", meanwhile every single kid at Centennial wants to be a part of the first time Centennial finally beats Franklin. And I am sure beyond the shadow of a doubt, Coach Clayton does not want to be the "coach who lost to Centennial", Franklin could go on to win the state championship, but as long as they lose this weekend the will be "that team". That is an awfully scary thought isn't? I find it ironic that such a scary thought might be circulating in the minds of every Franklin Rebel as we enter the week of Halloween. The seniors at Franklin have the chance to leave behind a legacy of such a disgusting dissapointment, meanwhile the Centennial Cougars are playing with nothing to lose. No matter what happens Friday night, this Centennial will be the first team to make it to the play-offs since 2004? But every young man at Centennial stands on the brink of greatness, the chance to be the "first team". It reminds me of that scene in the movie "300" where Leonidas wonders away from the campfire, and for a moment just a moment allows himself to think about the possible victory, he allows himself to dream about the seemingly impossible accomplishment in front of him. Franklin is playing scared, attempting to hold on to the 2nd seed in the play-off picture...while Centennial braces themselves for glory.

I am not done yet, I know it is only Sunday...but I will give you my exact prediction of how this game will play out. As we speek, the infallible Coach Clayton is sitting in his war-room assembling his master plan for the looming battle. He seeks to avoid the horrible reputation this game holds for him and his little rebels, at the same time he ponders the chance to not only beat the Cougars but to embarrass them in front of their adoring crowd. He looks to wipe the very thought of "beating Franklin" from the minds of the Cougars for at least the next decade. But Clayton scratches his head in frustration because he realizes he is not the General of the same team he commanded against Hillsboro Ravenwood, and Independence. His team lacks the same stunning ability to knock the wind out of opposing teams on the first 2-3 drives. You will not see Franklin come barreling out of the locker-room looking to physically abuse and pulverize the Centennial Cougars. WAS Franklin a good team (yes) WAS Franklin a scary team (yes) IS this the same team the beat RHS (28-0) and IHS (41-20) (NO)

THIS IS NOT THE SAME FRANKLIN REBELS

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is someone from Centennial really telling somebody to "stay on their own thread"??? What type of joke is that? CHS has been all over everybody else's boards this year talking smack.

Big difference between talking smack about a particular game and debating the state of a program. This thread has nothing to do with the past, present or future of Indy's program.

I don't quite understand the numerous comments being made about how this is not the same Franklin TEAM from the beginning of the season? If anything, the only thing that has changed is the defense, and lets face it, the only thing that has changed is they have drastically improved. As someone has now blurted out for the world to know, Eric Brown and Michael Constantine has suffered severe injuries and will be greatly missed. However, the FHS defensive staff is making adjustments and will still have a stout defense. On the other side of the ball, Graham Nichols is a top 15 passer in the midstate with only 2 interceptions to date, Jarriel Eaton is top 10 in midstate in reception yards, Alex Ford broke 1,000 rushing yards last week, Keylo Lee has broken 700, and now sophmore Sean Dye is blazing right behind them and had a two touchdown 100 yard performance last week. Not to mention my boys on the O-Line that keep putting it down from week to week. So if you wonder why Franklin is not running it up into the 60's and 70's everyweek, watch the second half game film from the last three weeks and you will see underclassmen taking a lot of 2nd half snaps (on both sides of the ball).

As for this game, Chaz Scales is very fast, Drew Kelly is very tall, and Raymond Jackson breaks a couple of tackles. Defensivly, DCHS put up 41 on CHS, enough said. The combined win loss record of CHS's wins is 22-35 and region opponent W/L record of 8 - 18. What does all this matter, not much until the whistle blows at 7:30 Friday night. But I will make one guarantee, CHS will play the best game that they play all year (they always do) and Franklin will be chomping at the bits and will be ready. The only number that truly matters is 11. Good high powered offensive game, but Franklin makes it 12.

Is someone from Centennial really telling somebody to "stay on their own thread"??? What type of joke is that? CHS has been all over everybody else's boards this year talking smack.

Yes, I am. Is this thread titled "Talking about Independence is fun!"?

I didn't think so. Don't generalize me with every other CHS fan, it simply makes you look (more) stupid.

Either talk about the game, or go back to learning how to count past ten. It's tough, I know, but you're a big boy. Hopefully you'll be out of that diaper soon enough.

The only number that truly matters is 11. Good high powered offensive game, but Franklin makes it 12.

only number that matters is 2

as in the #2 seed in the region

past records history doesn't matter, though it only hurts Franklin to think about not wanting to be that team who looses to Centennial

Centennial has had a great year and the only thing that matters is that #2 spot

Centennial can't drop below the #3 spot so Centennial really has nothing to lose and everything to gain

Franklin with a loss has to go on the road for the playoffs

I don't quite understand the numerous comments being made about how this is not the same Franklin TEAM from the beginning of the season? If anything, the only thing that has changed is the defense, and lets face it, the only thing that has changed is they have drastically improved. As someone has now blurted out for the world to know, Eric Brown and Michael Constantine has suffered severe injuries and will be greatly missed. However, the FHS defensive staff is making adjustments and will still have a stout defense. On the other side of the ball, Graham Nichols is a top 15 passer in the midstate with only 2 interceptions to date, Jarriel Eaton is top 10 in midstate in reception yards, Alex Ford broke 1,000 rushing yards last week, Keylo Lee has broken 700, and now sophmore Sean Dye is blazing right behind them and had a two touchdown 100 yard performance last week. Not to mention my boys on the O-Line that keep putting it down from week to week. So if you wonder why Franklin is not running it up into the 60's and 70's everyweek, watch the second half game film from the last three weeks and you will see underclassmen taking a lot of 2nd half snaps (on both sides of the ball).

As for this game, Chaz Scales is very fast, Drew Kelly is very tall, and Raymond Jackson breaks a couple of tackles. Defensivly, DCHS put up 41 on CHS, enough said. The combined win loss record of CHS's wins is 22-35 and region opponent W/L record of 8 - 18. What does all this matter, not much until the whistle blows at 7:30 Friday night. But I will make one guarantee, CHS will play the best game that they play all year (they always do) and Franklin will be chomping at the bits and will be ready. The only number that truly matters is 11. Good high powered offensive game, but Franklin makes it 12.

My bad if I shouldn't have said anything about Brown and Constantine.

That's unfortunate about Brown and Constantine. However the Rebel defense will rise to the occasion. I will say that both Centennial's and Franklin's offenses are the same when looking at their terms of productivity. However the difference between the two programs is Franklin's defense is far superior to Centennials. With that said Franklin will come away with a victory.

FHS 28

CHS 17

Ive been scanning over this thread, and I've been seeing alot of talk about how Centennial's defense is inferior to Franklin's. On paper, the Rebels do have an edge on defense. In fact, you look at the stats and you wonder how Centennial won 7 straight games: They give up close to 300 yards a game, including 210 a game on the ground. They've allowed 300+ yards in 5 games this year, and have been beaten in total yardage 5 times. So how is this team still winning?

Timing

How many of you have ever watched a game on TV, and walk away thinking "Man! We should have won that game!" Ask any coach, player, or football expert; games aren't always decided by which team played better, they're decided on which team made the plays that mattered most. A team can dominate all the way through the game, but can end up losing because of a couple late mistakes that the other team took advantage of (Colts/Texans earlier this year).

That is how Centennial has been winning games this season. The defense hasn't played solid all the way through games, but they've always seemed to come up big in the plays that mattered most. A late safety and interception against Indy, a goal-line stand forcing a missed field goal against Siegel, a late three-and-out vs. Dickson, two late drive-killing interceptions against Ravenwood. All of these plays have been the difference in games this season.

I know our D isn't spectactular, but they've made the plays they've needed to. And in the end, thats how games are decided, and it very well could decide this game.

There is not a single player at Franklin High School who wants to be remembered as "the first team that lost to Centennial", meanwhile every single kid at Centennial wants to be a part of the first time Centennial finally beats Franklin. And I am sure beyond the shadow of a doubt, Coach Clayton does not want to be the "coach who lost to Centennial", Franklin could go on to win the state championship, but as long as they lose this weekend the will be "that team". That is an awfully scary thought isn't? I find it ironic that such a scary thought might be circulating in the minds of every Franklin Rebel as we enter the week of Halloween. The seniors at Franklin have the chance to leave behind a legacy of such a disgusting dissapointment, meanwhile the Centennial Cougars are playing with nothing to lose. No matter what happens Friday night, this Centennial will be the first team to make it to the play-offs since 2004? But every young man at Centennial stands on the brink of greatness, the chance to be the "first team". It reminds me of that scene in the movie "300" where Leonidas wonders away from the campfire, and for a moment just a moment allows himself to think about the possible victory, he allows himself to dream about the seemingly impossible accomplishment in front of him. Franklin is playing scared, attempting to hold on to the 2nd seed in the play-off picture...while Centennial braces themselves for glory.

I am not done yet, I know it is only Sunday...but I will give you my exact prediction of how this game will play out. As we speek, the infallible Coach Clayton is sitting in his war-room assembling his master plan for the looming battle. He seeks to avoid the horrible reputation this game holds for him and his little rebels, at the same time he ponders the chance to not only beat the Cougars but to embarrass them in front of their adoring crowd. He looks to wipe the very thought of "beating Franklin" from the minds of the Cougars for at least the next decade. But Clayton scratches his head in frustration because he realizes he is not the General of the same team he commanded against Hillsboro Ravenwood, and Independence. His team lacks the same stunning ability to knock the wind out of opposing teams on the first 2-3 drives. You will not see Franklin come barreling out of the locker-room looking to physically abuse and pulverize the Centennial Cougars. WAS Franklin a good team (yes) WAS Franklin a scary team (yes) IS this the same team the beat RHS (28-0) and IHS (41-20) (NO)

THIS IS NOT THE SAME FRANKLIN REBELS

KINGZ welome back...I knew it wouldnt be long til you raised that big, stupid ,smelly head of yours...I can see you havent got an ounce of brains to you yet...but anyway...

Franklin isnt pressured at all...as a matter of fact , they wouldnt mind the road games as to their best RECORD IS on THE ROAD. I remember you calling the Franklin Defensive players names and saying they were soft...Only to trounce YOUR so called team...(No disrespect to them) Franklin fuels on your posts...sooo please keep coming with your comments..I see you have now ticked off some Centennial fans , Indy fans etc.

I remember you dissappearing after your loss without a congrats to Donnie Webb and his shutout.(we will now refer to you as "Turtle")615

It should be a great game...I am excited, the weather is right, I know most the boys on Franklin and centennial...Good luck guys...

Either way , both teams have had a phenominal season.

How many times must I give you people a "history lesson", I never left I have been right here. I came back after the 28-0 loss to Franklin and told you all that Ravenwood was not done. That Ravenwood would pull it together, and put themselves into position when the time came (here we stand with an automatic birth into the play-offs no matter what happens). I also remember saying "eventually Franklin will choke, and it will probably be against BHS or CHS. Franklin is incapable of closing the door" We all saw your cute-pretty-boy-defense crumble when it really mattered against Brentwood (they choked).

I guess you are right, I have offended a lot of people, because people hate to hear the truth. That is what I offer "the truth".

Franklin may have the ability to beat the Cougars this weekend, but I doubt they will "do-what-is-needed" now that the pressure is on. Every fan of region 6-5A football pointed to the BHS-FHS as the "region-title-match", the pressure was on, and Franklin curled-up-and-quit (like a turtle). Whether it is the build-up to the IHS playoff game last year, or the buzz surrounding the BHS game this year. Everyone involved with Franklin football (Coaches & players) are un-able to get the job done. I stumbled across an interesting quote the other day, and it reminded me of FHS football.

I do not fear an army of LIONS if they are lead by a SHEEP...But I do fear a lion of SHEEP led my a LION

So I know realize that there is nothing scary about anything Franklin can bring to the table. I will go on record as to saying that "Franklin's O-line will give the game away this weekend". Sure they looked good against mediocre D-lines, but the moment they ran into a strong-disciplined D-line (Brentwood) they broke at the seams. This weekend, the rag-tag team will face a new challenge to quit against... A speedy-D-line. Brentwood knocked Franklin off the ball, and Centennial will blow past Franklin after the snap of the ball. Everybody takes so much pride in their "impenetrable-O-line", well we will see what FHS supporters have to say after CHS's D-line plays the majority of the game in Franklin's back-field.

Franklin is an army of SHEEP...led by SHEEP