Franklin Rebels host Centennial Cougars

dwg03

I'm guessing you didn't read my post earlier. Yes, CHS has given up alot of points this year. But the bottom line is, for the last 7 games, they've allowed fewer points than the other team. Like I said, despite being outgained, despite falling into early holes, the defense still makes the plays when they count, and thats how theyre winning games.

I just dont see centennials defense making plays that count. Franklins offense is the best this defense will see and they are not that good. When two good teams go head to head the better defense is usually the winning factor.....I'll pick franklins defense in a landslide.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doubt it, the Rebels have has had two shutouts, the Indy game could have easily had been a shutout and gotten even more out of hand, seeing that Indy didn't put up a point until Franklin began to put in JV players. So, you MIGHT put up more points than 13, but MANY more points, will not happen. Also, even if Centennial was able to put up some points, they will never be able to stop Franklin's offense. They have won by 20 points or more in six games this year, and have put up more than 40 points in five of them. So, lets see...................

Centennial has also had two shutouts this year, and has put up 40+ in three of their last four games. So, lets see.......

We can keep comparing stats and play this "who allowed what against whom?" game all day long. But when the players step on that field Friday night, there are no stats, there are no win-loss records, there are no win-streaks or loss-streaks. There are simply two teams going head-to-head, and that is the only possible time we can see which team takes the W. These points-allowed comparisions won't determine the outcome of the game.

Like I said before, the winner of a game isn't always the team that had the best stats. Its the team that does just enough to have more points than the other team when the clock hits :00. (anyone remember Franklin/Brentwood earlier this year)

The Cougars season has been about proving people wrong. We weren't supposed to compete with the top-tier teams this year, we weren't supposed to beat Independence, Siegel, or Ravenwood. Chaz didn't have the QB ability needed to lead this team. A team based on small, quick athletes couldn't stand up to the big power teams. There wasn't enough experience or coaching skill to give CHS that extra drive to win games. We weren't supposed to make the playoffs, much less have a chance to win a region title....

And now we're not supposed to beat the Franklin Rebels........

Quick Note: Both teams shut out Clarksville, Centennial's other shutout=Glencliff?; Franklin's=Ravenwood.... and when Centennial doesn't shut the team out the opposing team averages somewhere around 30 pts... so Centennial better work on that shut out because i still can't see Centennial scoring 30+ points on Franklin.

And you weren't suppose to lose to Page......

Quick Note: Both teams shut out Clarksville, Centennial's other shutout=Glencliff?; Franklin's=Ravenwood.... and when Centennial doesn't shut the team out the opposing team averages somewhere around 30 pts... so Centennial better work on that shut out because i still can't see Centennial scoring 30+ points on Franklin.

And you weren't suppose to lose to Page......

And according to your fans, you weren't supposed to lose to Brentwood......

Centennial has also had two shutouts this year, and has put up 40+ in three of their last four games. So, lets see.......

We can keep comparing stats and play this "who allowed what against whom?" game all day long. But when the players step on that field Friday night, there are no stats, there are no win-loss records, there are no win-streaks or loss-streaks. There are simply two teams going head-to-head, and that is the only possible time we can see which team takes the W. These points-allowed comparisions won't determine the outcome of the game.

Like I said before, the winner of a game isn't always the team that had the best stats. Its the team that does just enough to have more points than the other team when the clock hits :00. (anyone remember Franklin/Brentwood earlier this year)

The Cougars season has been about proving people wrong. We weren't supposed to compete with the top-tier teams this year, we weren't supposed to beat Independence, Siegel, or Ravenwood. Chaz didn't have the QB ability needed to lead this team. A team based on small, quick athletes couldn't stand up to the big power teams. There wasn't enough experience or coaching skill to give CHS that extra drive to win games. We weren't supposed to make the playoffs, much less have a chance to win a region title....

And now we're not supposed to beat the Franklin Rebels........

"We can keep comparing stats and play this "who allowed what against whom?" game all day long. But when the players step on that field Friday night, there are no stats, there are no win-loss records, there are no win-streaks or loss-streaks. There are simply two teams going head-to-head, and that is the only possible time we can see which team takes the W. These points-allowed comparisions won't determine the outcome of the game. "

Then why debate the game on a message board??

"We can keep comparing stats and play this "who allowed what against whom?" game all day long. But when the players step on that field Friday night, there are no stats, there are no win-loss records, there are no win-streaks or loss-streaks. There are simply two teams going head-to-head, and that is the only possible time we can see which team takes the W. These points-allowed comparisions won't determine the outcome of the game. "

Then why debate the game on a message board??

Good question