Franklin Rebels host Centennial Cougars

dwg03

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For what it's worth, I think this game means more to Centennial than it does to Franklin.

Dont think its worth much. This game has important playoff implications, home field advantage on the table, as well as the streak at stake. This game is equally important to both teams. Franklin will not be over looking this game one bit!!

"For what it's worth, I think this game means more to Centennial than it does to Franklin."

I think that it means just as much to Franklin because like someone said earlier in this thread, none of the players on Franklin want to be on the first team to lose to Centennial. trust me that is a huge motivation for the FHS players to come out and play with the intensity to beat a region opponent.

Centennial has also had two shutouts this year, and has put up 40+ in three of their last four games. So, lets see.......

We can keep comparing stats and play this "who allowed what against whom?" game all day long. But when the players step on that field Friday night, there are no stats, there are no win-loss records, there are no win-streaks or loss-streaks. There are simply two teams going head-to-head, and that is the only possible time we can see which team takes the W. These points-allowed comparisions won't determine the outcome of the game.

Like I said before, the winner of a game isn't always the team that had the best stats. Its the team that does just enough to have more points than the other team when the clock hits :00. (anyone remember Franklin/Brentwood earlier this year)

The Cougars season has been about proving people wrong. We weren't supposed to compete with the top-tier teams this year, we weren't supposed to beat Independence, Siegel, or Ravenwood. Chaz didn't have the QB ability needed to lead this team. A team based on small, quick athletes couldn't stand up to the big power teams. There wasn't enough experience or coaching skill to give CHS that extra drive to win games. We weren't supposed to make the playoffs, much less have a chance to win a region title....

And now we're not supposed to beat the Franklin Rebels........

Well said CHS 2007.

I've said it before when others have counted Centennial down and out

Any team can win on any given night.

Plain and simple. It only takes one big play or great collective play for the New York Giants to beat the supposed juggernaut New England Patriots. 62% of people on ESPN said the Patriots would win, more than half of which said it would be in a blowout. On paper, the Patriots should have killed Eli and the Giants. But games, on any level, aren't won on paper.

On paper, Centennial probably shouldn't be 7-2 but rather sitting on 5-4 right now. On paper, Centennial shouldn't have beaten Ravenwood and Siegel. And on paper, Centennial shouldn't have come back and beat Dickson County when they were down 21-0. But guess what Franklin fans? Centennial is 7-2 after an 0-2 start. Centennial beat Ravenwood and Siegel. Centennial did come back to win 44-41 over DC.

You think by now people would respect Centennial enough to not count them out.

But once again:

-Franklin wins, CHS defense is not good enough to win this game. Franklin has just as many playmakers as CHS.

-chs defense has been spotty and again they still need a signature win

-Franklin's defense is far superior to Centennials. With that said Franklin will come away with a victory.

-I dont see how you think Centennial has a speedy D Line

-CENTENNIAL'S D IS AWFUL, AND FRANKLIN WILL RUN AND PASS ALL OVER THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Centennial's defense will not be bailed out by their offense this game

-I just don't understand how a team can lose to a team like Page, and then win 7 straight games in the one of the toughest regions in the state. They have to lose sometime, they can't play like that for a whole season after losing to them. Any team that gives up 41 to DCHS, 26 to Columbia, 28 to Indy, and 28 to Page doesn't stand a chance against Franklin's offense.

-even if Centennial was able to put up some points, they will never be able to stop Franklin's offense

-I just dont see centennials defense making plays that count

-I'll pick franklins defense in a landslide.

Hmmm... sounds oddly familiar to the talk on the Indy/Centennial board and the Ravenwood/Centennial board...

Centennial 24

Franklin 21

ambiguousrock,

You are losing credibility everytime you open your mouth. Yes, the Centennial Cougars are 7-2 (which is surprising, considering the history of the football team), but who have they played and beat?????????? As I see it, Centennial has one quality win, against Ravenwood, which is questionable because Ravenwood is so inconsistent. Other than that win, they have not beat anybody who is good. Independence, not this year. Siegel, not really. Dickson Co, Columbia, Clarskville, Glencliff, I think not. They also lost to PAGE, which speaks for itself. Add on an opening night 21 point loss to Brentwood. So, Centennial has played poor competition all year and is lucky to be 7-2.

I've said it before when others have counted Centennial down and out

Any team can win on any given night.

Plain and simple. It only takes one big play or great collective play for the New York Giants to beat the supposed juggernaut New England Patriots. 62% of people on ESPN said the Patriots would win, more than half of which said it would be in a blowout. On paper, the Patriots should have killed Eli and the Giants. But games, on any level, aren't won on paper.

On paper, Centennial probably shouldn't be 7-2 but rather sitting on 5-4 right now. On paper, Centennial shouldn't have beaten Ravenwood and Siegel. And on paper, Centennial shouldn't have come back and beat Dickson County when they were down 21-0. But guess what Franklin fans? Centennial is 7-2 after an 0-2 start. Centennial beat Ravenwood and Siegel. Centennial did come back to win 44-41 over DC.

and yall keep saying this board sounds so familiar to the games yall werent suppose to win and then yall were able to pull it off well like i said earlier it goes the same way because there was absolutly no reason for yall to lose a HOME game to PAGE high school....

You think by now people would respect Centennial enough to not count them out.

But once again:

-Franklin wins, CHS defense is not good enough to win this game. Franklin has just as many playmakers as CHS.

-chs defense has been spotty and again they still need a signature win

-Franklin's defense is far superior to Centennials. With that said Franklin will come away with a victory.

-I dont see how you think Centennial has a speedy D Line

-CENTENNIAL'S D IS AWFUL, AND FRANKLIN WILL RUN AND PASS ALL OVER THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Centennial's defense will not be bailed out by their offense this game

-I just don't understand how a team can lose to a team like Page, and then win 7 straight games in the one of the toughest regions in the state. They have to lose sometime, they can't play like that for a whole season after losing to them. Any team that gives up 41 to DCHS, 26 to Columbia, 28 to Indy, and 28 to Page doesn't stand a chance against Franklin's offense.

-even if Centennial was able to put up some points, they will never be able to stop Franklin's offense

-I just dont see centennials defense making plays that count

-I'll pick franklins defense in a landslide.

Hmmm... sounds oddly familiar to the talk on the Indy/Centennial board and the Ravenwood/Centennial board...

Centennial 24

Franklin 21

ok centennial fans.... we understand that any team can win on any given night, we don't need history lessons from the NFL and we definently do not need someone to inform us that 62% is over half(but thank you for clearing that up because i personally was under the impression that half was equal to about 65%...), because we already know these things.

Yes any team can win any given night.... once again this fact was proven when yall lost to PAGE.

We understand that but like someone else said earlier, whats the point of pregame message boards if you guys don't want us to include stats from the season. There has been three or four Centennial fans that just keep saying stats don't matter... we understand it so there is no need to keep telling us that anything can happen... because the only reason you keep saying it is because the stats are so one sided favoring Franklin if it were the other way around you guys would be the ones listing off the stats.. thats just how sports and their fans are so get used to it.....

Centennial has also had two shutouts this year, and has put up 40+ in three of their last four games. So, lets see.......

We can keep comparing stats and play this "who allowed what against whom?" game all day long. But when the players step on that field Friday night, there are no stats, there are no win-loss records, there are no win-streaks or loss-streaks. There are simply two teams going head-to-head, and that is the only possible time we can see which team takes the W. These points-allowed comparisions won't determine the outcome of the game.

Like I said before, the winner of a game isn't always the team that had the best stats. Its the team that does just enough to have more points than the other team when the clock hits :00. (anyone remember Franklin/Brentwood earlier this year)

The Cougars season has been about proving people wrong. We weren't supposed to compete with the top-tier teams this year, we weren't supposed to beat Independence, Siegel, or Ravenwood. Chaz didn't have the QB ability needed to lead this team. A team based on small, quick athletes couldn't stand up to the big power teams. There wasn't enough experience or coaching skill to give CHS that extra drive to win games. We weren't supposed to make the playoffs, much less have a chance to win a region title....

And now we're not supposed to beat the Franklin Rebels........

congratulations on your two shutouts. i think those shutouts consisted of a really strong 2-7 glencliff team(who has also been shutout on two other occasions besides the mighty cougar shutout) and the other shutout came against the powerful 4-5 Clarksville NE team(who has also been shutout on two other occasions besides the dominating cougar shutout).....WOW whoopty dooo. those are two huge shutout wins that mean so much