Franklin Rebels host Centennial Cougars

dwg03

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On paper CHS there is no way CHS should play close to Franklin's level, But (and I predict) Franklin will allow CHS to stay in the game. If CHS is allowed to linger around long enough that you open the door for 1-2 plays to change the game (Kick return & turnover).

Has anyone ever heard of a "high percentage basketball shot"??? It usually is a shot which has two attributes 1) it has a high chance of success 2) it has a low chance of failure (or some other bad outcome). Franklin has one of the greatest "1-2-punches" in the state in the combo of Ford/ Lee. But Franklin seems addicted to making things as difficult as possible. Instead of playing "high percentage football", Franklin wants to play flashy/ fancy football (lower percentage football). By spreading the ball around and making things look fancy Franklin will keep this game closer than it needs to be. Why would anybody run a screen to Lee/ Ford, when handing the ball of is just as effective??? Only Franklin could find a way to waste a deadly backfield (for the second year in a row). I am telling everyone right now...CHS is going to destroy one of those flashy plays in the backfield for a quick (and cheap) six points

CHS's defense will not need to worry about stopping Lee/ Ford because Franklin will take care of that for them. I am sorry Lee/ Ford maybe if you played at Ravenwood/ Brentwood you would be playing for a State title in a month, but instead you will sitting at home.

On defense, two of Franklin's most over-rated players will once again fail to get the job done...Sellars & Gordon. Gordon has looked impressive between the tackles, but we will see what happens tomorrow when he has a TE hitting the seem for the consistent first down. If Franklin had a decent center fielder, then Gordon could play his game up front and not worry about the pass across the middle (but they dont) Ramsey Sellars has once again shown he is an over-rated disappointment at whatever position you put him in. And tomorrow night will be no different, he will not make the big hit, he will not make a crossing receiver "hear footsteps", he will come up short on a game changing play (must be a disease with the Strong Safeties at FHS). Because just when Franklin looses the only decent player in their secondary (Eric Brown), Franklin will need Sellars or Starnes to step-up and make big plays. But they will be M.I.A...I believe I labeled Franklin's secondary "hand-me-down", and CHS will validate another one of my predictions.

TOMORROW WILL BE A STATEMENT GAME FOR CENTENNIAL....JUST TRUST ME

Dear Kings615,

As you may be quick to notice, this is my first post....under this particular

name that is (which I also might add is quite humorous). I have not kept up on

the high school football picture this year in the least, aside from checking the

occasional record of my team or getting a quick score update. Thus it would be

safe to say I have absolutely no business posting on this board...but after

reading just 2 or 3 of your blatheringly long -winded posts, it's painfully

obvious that you don't either. Your obnoxious montages have caused the unthinkable

-- you have brought me out of coacht retirement in order to put you in your

proper place.

Let's face it: I have no idea as to who you are. But I do have a few ideas.

Here they are:

1. You are a high school student. This is, in my opinion, the most likely

option, due to the fact that your posts are, quite simply, the work of a

retarded imbecile. You offer much insight into each team, their coaching staff,

their players, their team morale, and many other such categories. Now, as an

educated individual, I am forced to ask myself, how could kings possibly know so

much about every coach and player on every team in region 6? The fact of the

matter is, you couldn't. Unless of course, you were a.....

2. Disillusioned Parent. As you amazing powers of observation will undoubtedly

tell you, I have capitalized this category's title. This is because there are

many posters that fall into this ridiculous category. Where you people find

your time to debate every little facet of high school football is

beyond me. Am I a stay at home parent with absolutely nothing to do with

myself? Am I obnoxiously over-concerned with my child and their team? Do I

actually have any clue as to what I am talking about, or am I just trying to

find something to do with myself because I am a worthless sack of excrement? Am

I retarded? These are questions that each poster on coacht must ask himself,

but I believe they pertain specifically to you, kings.

3. You graduated from the University of Tennessee (It shows...you know what I

mean).

4. You are a Colts fan.

5. You are a fool with too much time on his hands (Undoubtedly true, but worth

listing nonetheless, wouldn't you say?).

And the last category, I believe to be true no matter what other category you

fall into:

6. You are a proponent of the McCain/Palin ticket (Again, it shows...and if you

don't know what I mean, you are truly a lost cause).

So kings, in conclusion, please keep posting/wasting your time posting long

winded comments on a blog that means nothing. Your grandiose and again

long-winded statements only prove your lack of knowledge about most teams in the

region, as well as the game of football itself. So please, by all means,

continue to make a fool of yourself on this board. In reality, no one gives two

pieces of poo what you have to say, what your opinion may be, or what your predictions

are. They will be, in all likelihood, dead wrong. To put it in the words of

our good friend Bob Dylan, "I don't think the human mind can comprehend the past and the future. They are both just illusions that can manipulate you into thinking there's some kind of change. " Trust me, the result tonight will be the same as it has been for the past 15+ years.

May the best team win! (They always have-literally!)

love,

2Mannings1Cup

P.S. Kings - It is now safe to remove my shoe from your anus! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Dear Kings615,

As you may be quick to notice, this is my first post....under this particular

name that is (which I also might add is quite humorous). I have not kept up on

the high school football picture this year in the least, aside from checking the

occasional record of my team or getting a quick score update. Thus it would be

safe to say I have absolutely no business posting on this board...but after

reading just 2 or 3 of your blatheringly long -winded posts, it's painfully

obvious that you don't either. Your obnoxious montages have caused the unthinkable

-- you have brought me out of coacht retirement in order to put you in your

proper place.

Let's face it: I have no idea as to who you are. But I do have a few ideas.

Here they are:

1. You are a high school student. This is, in my opinion, the most likely

option, due to the fact that your posts are, quite simply, the work of a

retarded imbecile. You offer much insight into each team, their coaching staff,

their players, their team morale, and many other such categories. Now, as an

educated individual, I am forced to ask myself, how could kings possibly know so

much about every coach and player on every team in region 6? The fact of the

matter is, you couldn't. Unless of course, you were a.....

2. Disillusioned Parent. As you amazing powers of observation will undoubtedly

tell you, I have capitalized this category's title. This is because there are

many posters that fall into this ridiculous category. Where you people find

your time to debate every little facet of high school football is

beyond me. Am I a stay at home parent with absolutely nothing to do with

myself? Am I obnoxiously over-concerned with my child and their team? Do I

actually have any clue as to what I am talking about, or am I just trying to

find something to do with myself because I am a worthless sack of excrement? Am

I retarded? These are questions that each poster on coacht must ask himself,

but I believe they pertain specifically to you, kings.

3. You graduated from the University of Tennessee (It shows...you know what I

mean).

4. You are a Colts fan.

5. You are a fool with too much time on his hands (Undoubtedly true, but worth

listing nonetheless, wouldn't you say?).

And the last category, I believe to be true no matter what other category you

fall into:

So kings, in conclusion, please keep posting/wasting your time posting long

winded comments on a blog that means nothing. Your grandiose and again

long-winded statements only prove your lack of knowledge about most teams in the

region, as well as the game of football itself. So please, by all means,

continue to make a fool of yourself on this board. In reality, no one gives two

pieces of poo what you have to say, what your opinion may be, or what your predictions

are. They will be, in all likelihood, dead wrong. To put it in the words of

our good friend Bob Dylan, "I don't think the human mind can comprehend the past and the future. They are both just illusions that can manipulate you into thinking there's some kind of change. " Trust me, the result tonight will be the same as it has been for the past 15+ years.

May the best team win! (They always have-literally!)

love,

2Mannings1Cup

P.S. Kings - It is now safe to remove my shoe from your anus! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Here's to hoping your post count stays at 1.

What has politics got to do with it? You get on here and your rant is just as bad if not worst as KingZ. By lowering yourself to his level, do you think you accomplish something? CoachT has a political board section "CoachT Politics, National Issues, & Controversy"if you wish to join to discuss and debate your political views. It is best to stick with football discussion in this thread and keep the language clean. I suggest clicking on the following link for "Message Boards - Terms of Service for board conduct.

This will be my last post before tonight's game:

First off, let me say that regardless of what happens tonight, I'm proud of the way my Cougars have played this season. Two years ago, many thought this was a dead program. With new schools Ravenwood and Independence on the rise, and teams like Brentwood and Franklin seemingly improving every year, many people thought there was little chance that these guys could ever get into the position they are today. As the season began, with what many believed would be a very talented team, Centennial went down 0-2, including a huge upset against Page, and many believed this to be deja-vu all over again. However, we didn't back down, we didn't throw in the towel, and 7 wins later the Cougars are in the midst of their best season in school history. What these guys have done this year is nothing short of inspirational. And let me just say that I've never been more proud to call myself a CHS Alumni then I am right now.

Now onto the game at hand. 0-11, never beaten the "big brother" of Williamson County. There have been close calls, there have been blowouts. And once again, Franklin is coming on believing they can carry on the "tradition" of beating Centennial. Well, I say we start a tradition of our own. Forget the past years and past results, we are living in the present. And today, we have a chance to make a statement for both our present and our future. In what has been a season filled with firsts and milestones, why not cross one more off that to-do list?

The gameplan tonight should be no different from the first 9 games. Stay smart, stay focused, and take it one play at a time. Regardless of the opponent, when its all said and done, its just another game in the standings.

Like I said, its been a milestone season for the Cougars so far. And looking at the schedule, its not over yet.

I don't know about the rest of you Cougar fans, but I feel something in the air that I haven't felt in 12 years......