Oak Ridge vs. Farragut predictions?

Ole Dad

Turtle..... I think it's too late for Stanton Stevens. The fans have quit going to games. The players either can't or won't grasp his and his coaching staffs way of doing things. Even our opponents have seen the problems. When people from other schools can see the problems, and comment about them, there is a problem. I don't think if Stanton stays on as head coach there will be enough players go out next year to accomplish anything. There is no boosters club to speak of, could be better next year but what for? I just don't think enough people will care about Oak Ridge football if Stanton comes back.

And it breaks my heart for the youth of my hometown to miss out on the experience of Oak Ridge Wildcat football as it should be !!!!!

Do you all think the change will be made? If so, isn't it the coaches choice to step down? If he doesn't step down, what's goign to be said next year if he turns the table and win the state?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you all think the change will be made? If so, isn't it the coaches choice to step down? If he doesn't step down, what's goign to be said next year if he turns the table and win the state?

Ask Phil Fulmer about it being his choice! To answer your question about what would be said if he ran the table and won state next year. I would ask if the Boys Club had a state championship? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Are you from another planet? They have a term....it's called FIRING. I don't know of any place where the employee gets to decide when they want to leave. SS has managed to destroy a tradition in 4 short years. We will take it back and restore it next year. He won't be coaching football at OR. He may teach at the alternative school and get to buy a ticket for games, but he wont be on the sidelines unless he carrys the chains.

Ole Dad

Its kind of funny all you fans want Stevens gone and more then likely it won't even happen. Stevens and the rest of his staff just need support then maybe they can turn things around. I'm pretty sure they're reading or hearing everything you all are saying. As Fulmer would say, "you can't have a winning season every year!" so just take this time off and get ready to start bashing your basketball coaches as well.. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> I'm wondering what would be said if the Lady Wildcats and Wildcats has a bad year in basketball are you all going to be calling for their heads too?

Both the Lady Wildcats and Wildcats basketball teams COMBINED last year lost less games than Coach Stevens did this year and both teams went to state. Do not begin to compare Coach Stevens to Coach Prudden and Coach Norris.

Not only is Bailey a clown, but so are his principles. I haven't talked to a teacher at ORHS yet that likes the way Chuck Carringer is running the school. What's being described as the way the school is being run is very similar to the way it sounds like the football team is being run. There are teachers frustrated with the way the middle schools are being run also. It's a new age in Oak Ridge Schools I guess. Gone are the days of very high marks in education and powerhouse sports programs and their replacements are arbitrary rules that are supposed to reduce dropout rates (which I would argue actually raise dropout rates) and learning just enough to do well on tests and middle of the road sports programs. It's sad really. This is not the ORHS I graduated from and played for.

What a fool...I got registered just for this clown's posts. The Oak Ridge administration is the finest in the area. Living in your little OR world "VilleRam," you don't have a clue about bad administration. Visit Knox County, there is where you find disgruntled teachers and low morale and stupidity.

I do agree with you on one point....this isn't the OR that you graduated from or played for, glad you are gone.

What a fool...I got registered just for this clown's posts. The Oak Ridge administration is the finest in the area. Living in your little OR world "VilleRam," you don't have a clue about bad administration. Visit Knox County, there is where you find disgruntled teachers and low morale and stupidity.

I do agree with you on one point....this isn't the OR that you graduated from or played for, glad you are gone.

the owls would like to welcome you to coach T /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Glad to be here, especially to defend Chuck Carringer and the amazing academic/sports programs at ORHS. Maybe VilleRam couldn't cut it and has sour grapes.

Ask Phil Fulmer about it being his choice! To answer your question about what would be said if he ran the table and won state next year. I would ask if the Boys Club had a state championship? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

The girls club did....sorrry this isnt a hijacking..im just saying

Great. Give some academic facts....like the fact that Oak Ridge has dropped 1,000 places in the annual high school rankings nationwide since Bailey arrived. Or the fact that the number of National Merit Scholars annually is now 30% of the number it was when Bailey arrived. You want more?

Ole Dad

Glad to be here, especially to defend Chuck Carringer and the amazing academic/sports programs at ORHS. Maybe VilleRam couldn't cut it and has sour grapes.

Clearly you don't have a clue about what's actually going on inside that school. Sure, the principles aren't idiots, they're all very nice guys. Carringer is a very good person and I have no doubt he's working as hard as he can but morale inside the building is not high. Teachers aren't about the riot but all of the ones I've talked to are very frustrated with the way things are being run. Ken Green set the bar pretty high for how the school should be run and Carringer is not living up to that. So no, I was at ORHS when it was great. It's gone downhill.