Maryville vs. Lenoir City

BIGBADCAMERAMAN

Yes Maryville has played excellent the last for years and they get my respect for it. I played against them for three years in high school and we always started out tough but made one key mistake and Maryville ran with it. This years LC team has played great the last couple of weeks in the second half so if we can play the complete game we have a shot to pull off the biggest upset in state history and put a halt to the Maryville dynasty. Im am optimistic though Maryville has had some tough games this year and pulled them out in the end. LC ahs had some tough games that they shouldve won. They made big mistakes in bad spots but at sometimes they played amazing.

Second, I never said that Coach White wasn't a good coach. I said that he is not hard to figure out I have watched Coach White when he coached at LC and his scheme wasn't hard to figure out. Yes, He was a great position coach and im not here to take anything away from him. He has been successful in football for a long time. I learned alot from playing under him and alot of the stuff helped me in life and I think him for that. When he resigned i was sad to see him leave LC. He left a mark on his players that they will never forget. So I am saying that White was a good caoch but he coached against better teams. He had the disadvantage of coaching in a tough region that was only gettin better with every year.

Im very aware that they do not overlook any opponent but sometimes the opponent comes out firing on all cylinders but by the time the 4th quarter comes Maryville has players they can put in there and be fresh and beat the team. Every team in America works hard every week and they know the other teams strengths and weaknesses but they do not all have the success that Maryville has had. In my mind alot of Maryvilles success is creditted to Coach George Quarles. HE has been the most successful coach in TN state History and If u look the players change every year but he puts together a winning team not matter how much or how little talent he has.

I wish Maryville all the success in the world and them winning state every year looks great for the region. But being from LC and being a former Panthers myself I want LC to win this ball game.

It will be close but I think it will be LC 21 Maryville 17

No game is decided until its played. LC we still BELIEVE!!!!!!! GO PANTHERS...............................

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This week I think that this LC team will pull off a major upset against Maryville. The LC team has this game circled on the calendar. One big reason is the Fact that they want to Beat Coach Nick White in his return to LC. They all know how to beat him and his secondary. This game will be the breakout that LC needs. YES Maryville hasnt lost in over 4 years but they will get upset by a team like LC. They will over look LC and we will take this chance to make a spash on the state scene

LETS GO LC WE NEED THIS ONE /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

NOW IM OUT FROM BIG BAD CAMERA MAN IM OUT LIKE A BAD PICTURE

PEACE /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Sorry, I couldn't help but laugh when I read LC will upset Maryville. I understand that the LC kids will play hard but get real. This is Maryville.

Rebels 54 Panthers 11

Now anything can happen. But if the Panthers are going to upset the Rebels they need to focus on beating the team from Maryville and not just one of their coach's.

This week I think that this LC team will pull off a major upset against Maryville. The LC team has this game circled on the calendar. One big reason is the Fact that they want to Beat Coach Nick White in his return to LC. They all know how to beat him and his secondary. This game will be the breakout that LC needs. YES Maryville hasnt lost in over 4 years but they will get upset by a team like LC. They will over look LC and we will take this chance to make a spash on the state scene

LETS GO LC WE NEED THIS ONE /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

PEACE /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Cameraman, I'm an LC fan too but I think LC has about as good a chance of beating Maryville as Ralph Nader has of winning the Presidential election. LC is beat up pretty good right now with injuries and they didn't have any depth to begin with. The offense struggles to move the ball due to a small and out sized O-line. They play hard but this is definitely David vs. Goliath.

Cameraman, I'm an LC fan too but I think LC has about as good a chance of beating Maryville as Ralph Nader has of winning the Presidential election. LC is beat up pretty good right now with injuries and they didn't have any depth to begin with. The offense struggles to move the ball due to a small and out sized O-line. They play hard but this is definitely David vs. Goliath.

Yes it is a David vs. Goliath but LC has a good shot. The one big problem that has plaqued the LC panthers the last couple years is the lack to stop the big play. We have the talent to stop and beat anyone but we can't stop the big play and it kills us every game. This week will finally be the game that LC plays their hearts out every quarter. Yes LC is beat up right now and they dont have much depth but the one thing they do have is heart. Yes they also have one of the smallest o-lines in the region and that is due to so many senoirs playing last year and the fact that they returned only one kid who had any varsity o-line game time and that was Josh Courtney. Last year when i was playing next to josh on the o line he worked his butt off every play and in my mind he was the only underclassman who showed any true will power to play the o line. SO yes its a stretch but I can see this o line protecting the QB. THE main problem that haunts the LC team is the fact the QB has thrown more TD's to the other team than he has to his own (4-3) this will not win you games and the coach shouldve figured it out by now.

i think the guy that started this is on drugs because i dont think has even a 1 in a million chance of beatin maryville, and thats being optimistic. lc has played better lately and they gave us some trouble a couple weeks ago but they would have to play an absolutely perfect game and maryville would have to fumble the ball on every possession and i stil think it would be a close game. im not tryin to take away from lc i just think maryville is that good the only team that will challenge them this season will be henry county in the championship game until then its on lock.

Henry County appreciates the kudos, but we have to get to the game first. We'll just have to take 'em one at a time. Good luck to all, and we'll hope to play anybody in the championship game. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I say it is put up or shut up time. I'll go 2 to 1 odds, name your wager. Don't be bashfull, money , pink slips, real estate, I'll cover it all. No way Maryville overlooks LC.

Yes it is a David vs. Goliath but LC has a good shot. The one big problem that has plaqued the LC panthers the last couple years is the lack to stop the big play. We have the talent to stop and beat anyone but we can't stop the big play and it kills us every game. This week will finally be the game that LC plays their hearts out every quarter. Yes LC is beat up right now and they dont have much depth but the one thing they do have is heart. Yes they also have one of the smallest o-lines in the region and that is due to so many senoirs playing last year and the fact that they returned only one kid who had any varsity o-line game time and that was Josh Courtney. Last year when i was playing next to josh on the o line he worked his butt off every play and in my mind he was the only underclassman who showed any true will power to play the o line. SO yes its a stretch but I can see this o line protecting the QB. THE main problem that haunts the LC team is the fact the QB has thrown more TD's to the other team than he has to his own (4-3) this will not win you games and the coach shouldve figured it out by now.

Cameraman, you obviously don't know too much about LC or football. First of all, Courtney does not even play O-line. He is a linebacker that plays a little bit of fullback. Secondly, the LC QB's are typically running for their lives as they do not even have time to set up to throw the ball 80% of the time. Therefore, they are having to throw it before they can even make their reads. I will say this offense and O-line is much better than last years offense and O-line. Sorry, but facts are facts.

He may have meant Josh James, the center. I really can't believe people are getting so worked up about this post, man, lighten up! I am sure that he would LOVE for LC to beat Maryville (along with countless others) and while it is fun to get people to leave long post about why they can't, I'm also sure he really doesn't believe it enough to bet the farm on it. Oh and I wouldn't use the David and Goliath reference while talking about Maryville winning, that would be backwards to the story. Really after seeing the numbers came out with the school size, everybody in this region would be better off playing Oak Ridge, they are closer in size to us!