Maryville vs. Lenoir City

BIGBADCAMERAMAN

After reading that again, Pantherman85 did Josh C play any o line last year? I don't think he was saying JC plays it this year, just that he was the only person returning that DID play O Line. LC did lose alot of big bodies up front and I don't see alot coming up in the ranks.

JC may have played some O-line last year due to injuries. Bottom line is, this years team has been better offensively than last years team. At least we have thrown some touchdown passes. Last year, I don't think we threw 1 TD pass the entire year, not one. Obviously we're not an offensive juggernaut by any stretch, but at least we play on both sides of the 50 yd. line this year.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cameraman, you obviously don't know too much about LC or football. First of all, Courtney does not even play O-line. He is a linebacker that plays a little bit of fullback. Secondly, the LC QB's are typically running for their lives as they do not even have time to set up to throw the ball 80% of the time. Therefore, they are having to throw it before they can even make their reads. I will say this offense and O-line is much better than last years offense and O-line. Sorry, but facts are facts.

Yes i do know a lot bout LC football I played there the last four year. And what i said was the only lineman from last year that came back with significant playing time was Courtney who they switched out of oline. This years offense maybe a little better but last years offense line wouldve killed this years defense. We only gave up 5 sacks all year and this year they gave up four to loudon alone. So as a member of last years o line I will say that we were better. We had size, strength, and we could move the ball. So facts r facts LAST YEARS O LINE WAS BETTER

JC may have played some O-line last year due to injuries. Bottom line is, this years team has been better offensively than last years team. At least we have thrown some touchdown passes. Last year, I don't think we threw 1 TD pass the entire year, not one. Obviously we're not an offensive juggernaut by any stretch, but at least we play on both sides of the 50 yd. line this year.

Yes last years team did not throw any touchdown passes. But we didnt throw any interceptions that were returned for touchdowns. We could run the ball and yes we played on both sides of the 50 yd line but we also had touchdowns runs over 20 yards. Coty the Rb from last year had 5 td runs of over 50. So ill take last years o line over this years any day. And no we werent a offensive juggernaut last year either but we could run the ball. This years o line is a defensive lines dream all small guys with speed. Strength beats speed in the trenches. An one reason we didnt throw any TD was the fact they we could run screens and pound the ball in there. Last years o line was stout we average 6'1" 285 across the line with the biggest being 6'2" 325. This years o line is what 6' 250. Thats not an o line thats a bunch of gloryified fullbacks. And yes JC did play some o line last year due to injuries but he played significant time. I was out there with JC on multiple occasions. AT one game we were both told to stay on the same side together to block and it worked we scored. So JC did play alot of oline last year due to injury but he played.

Yes last years team did not throw any touchdown passes. But we didnt throw any interceptions that were returned for touchdowns. We could run the ball and yes we played on both sides of the 50 yd line but we also had touchdowns runs over 20 yards. Coty the Rb from last year had 5 td runs of over 50. So ill take last years o line over this years any day. And no we werent a offensive juggernaut last year either but we could run the ball. This years o line is a defensive lines dream all small guys with speed. Strength beats speed in the trenches. An one reason we didnt throw any TD was the fact they we could run screens and pound the ball in there. Last years o line was stout we average 6'1" 285 across the line with the biggest being 6'2" 325. This years o line is what 6' 250. Thats not an o line thats a bunch of gloryified fullbacks. And yes JC did play some o line last year due to injuries but he played significant time. I was out there with JC on multiple occasions. AT one game we were both told to stay on the same side together to block and it worked we scored. So JC did play alot of oline last year due to injury but he played.

LC this year has already scored more points than last years team did with 1 game to go. I'll take this years QB and O-line over last years QB and O-line. I will admit Edwards was a threat to take it to the house , however, this years RB's Cook, Coleman are hard runners that can get 3-4 yards on their own and with our O-line being deficient the last few years, thats the type of RB's we need. As far as offensive coaching goes, it's pretty much a wash between last year and this year.

LC this year has already scored more points than last years team did with 1 game to go. I'll take this years QB and O-line over last years QB and O-line. I will admit Edwards was a threat to take it to the house , however, this years RB's Cook, Coleman are hard runners that can get 3-4 yards on their own and with our O-line being deficient the last few years, thats the type of RB's we need. As far as offensive coaching goes, it's pretty much a wash between last year and this year.

Yes they have bc they have a coach that knows how to run an offense. The one thing i know is yes cook is going to be a great runner but coleman has been known to fumble the ball as he did 3 times last year inside the 30 against Anderson County. So yes ill agree neither last years team or this years has been good so its pretty much a tie. Im still waiting for the future.

STILL GO LC PANTHERS

Bridge you always seem to use pics in an attempt to somehow keep your tor-nados in the light on MHS boards. Your machines have the same record as LC does vs. the Rebels the past 5 years!

The Machines? LMBO! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Running up the score during cake walk 2A games on teams down and out. Great accomplishment!

LC has little chance to stop this team from having another undefeated season. A Thursday night game sets us up for a nice weekend.

One might note the last time a game got moved on Maryville, the rebels lost to a MoTown west team in the semi??™s, on an overtime field goal. Hope there is no omen there and the Rebels take care of business.

Here FBmoron............this should keep you busy for a LONG time

Bridge you always seem to use pics in an attempt to somehow keep your tor-nados in the light on MHS boards. Your machines have the same record as LC does vs. the Rebels the past 5 years!

The Machines? LMBO! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Running up the score during cake walk 2A games on teams down and out. Great accomplishment!

LC has little chance to stop this team from having another undefeated season. A Thursday night game sets us up for a nice weekend.

One might note the last time a game got moved on Maryville, the rebels lost to a MoTown west team in the semi??™s, on an overtime field goal. Hope there is no omen there and the Rebels take care of business.

Tell us about a cake walk FIbiee...

???? CameraMan you are crazy? Like seriously lc gets one win that they didnt even deserve and the fans go crazy and think that they are going to beat Maryville....Yall got beat by south doyle and central...I mean seriously, lenoir city needs to accept its place in life....at the bottom of region 3-4a....

Maryville 48

lenoir city 0

Tell us about a cake walk FIbiee...

Lets make a bet this week Bldrunner , If I win you have to go back to being an Oak Ridge fan ( that means cheering for your coach also ) , If you win , you get to remain a Maryville fan .

I say Maryville gets the clock running on LC first , and you get your ex team the ridgers having the clock running on them against Farragut . Should be a close one . Are you up for that bet ? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

( shhh! , Don't nobody tell him our game is on Thursday !! )

Here FBmoron............this should keep you busy for a LONG time

Well let's see, I said Alcoa had cakewalks for game opponents and mentioned that ridiculous pictures posted on threads that have nothing to do with the torn-aid-odos was out of place. They waste space on the thread. I been off the board and have avoided Alcoa boards. Maybe I need to start posting pics and junk on those threads.

I get called a moron by a couple of literary giants and was provided another silly picture made up about a 2A team who is 1-9 the past ten years vs. the Winningest HS football team in the state the past 10 years.

The old Iron Gate defense has given up an average of about 31 points a game vs. the best football team on their 14-1 regular schedule the past 10 years.

Yea, I know next year.

Back to the thread.

Lenoir City will be fired up, but the Rebels will be ready to face all of those seniors who will be playing in their last HS football game. Hope all stay safe in light of the loss by the Scott Co. FB Family last Friday night.