IMAC (District 2 AAA) 2008-2009 Thread

raiderray

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to go out on a real limb here and say West by at least 15. Everybody on the team has picked up their game and everybody wants to make a better showing than the last time.

Jeff over Cherokee and CCHS big over East.

/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Your limb was a lot thicker than you thought. I had thought we would have a difficult time but this was shocking. MW, congrats, the Lady Trojans did everything right and if I hadn't been hurting so much for my Lady Devils, I would have really enjoyed the great, well=rounded team effort I saw tonight. Great Basketball!

The Lady Devils were like I have NEVER seen. Rattled by the pressure...lack-luster defense and NO rebounding! Losing Kelley has hurt the scoring relief for Dickson but the loss of her intensity on defense was even more noticed tonight. The trademark defense they are known for went out the window and it was painful to watch them just fold and give up like that. I had hoped that they had adjusted to the adversity they have been facing but they were completely out of sync and it was like watching a really bad dream. The eternal optimist, I'm still holding out hope they can turn it around by tournament time but it's not looking likely.

Kudos to Morristown West! The Lady Trojans have grown and learned from every outing, making the right adjustments along the way. They are becoming a well-oiled machine that is going to be hard for anybody to stop.

Ouch /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> Never thought I'd see the day as long as Dickson was at Greeneville. I know they have injuries but in my opinion, I don't think it would have mattered. WEST IS JUST THAT GOOD. Gaylon showed how good a coach he was last year when they made their run without Goins. Then he gets Hall and Goins is as good or better than ever and all I can say is WOW!!!!!

Morristown West's game against Claiborne, originally scheduled for Tuesday night (Jan. 27) has been canceled. The Bulldogs have to make up a district game that night. The game will not be made up.

So, the Lady Trojans now have a week to prepare for Morristown East. They can lock up the IMAC championship by sweeping their city/county rivals on Friday.

Morristown West's game against Claiborne, originally scheduled for Tuesday night (Jan. 27) has been canceled. The Bulldogs have to make up a district game that night. The game will not be made up.

So, the Lady Trojans now have a week to prepare for Morristown East. They can lock up the IMAC championship by sweeping their city/county rivals on Friday.

I have not posted this year, but ran into Rayraider up in Morristown at a restaurant a few weeks ago and he might disagree. West still has three games in the district. Coach Galyon knew at the sports banquet last year that he was going to have a special year. Hope it keeps going!

I have not posted this year, but ran into Rayraider up in Morristown at a restaurant a few weeks ago and he might disagree. West still has three games in the district. Coach Galyon knew at the sports banquet last year that he was going to have a special year. Hope it keeps going!

Having followed Johnny's teams for several years, your bet is safe on him taking this regular season out with one, one point loss.

Morristown West can clinch the championship with a victory against Morristown East...as I mentioned on the previous post...because they have the 2-game sweep of Cocke County who is in 2nd. The sweep of Greeneville Friday night all but eliminated them from the championship. I believe Greeneville can possibly clinch a share of the title, but that can only happen with a huge stumble by the Lady Trojans.

Even so...with the remaining schedule and the way Morristown West is playing, its hard not to see them 25-1 entering tournament play.

Ouch /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> Never thought I'd see the day as long as Dickson was at Greeneville. I know they have injuries but in my opinion, I don't think it would have mattered. WEST IS JUST THAT GOOD. Gaylon showed how good a coach he was last year when they made their run without Goins. Then he gets Hall and Goins is as good or better than ever and all I can say is WOW!!!!!

Dickson had a rare bad night and I agree, we may not have won with all our people there and healthy but it wouldn't have been a blow-out like it was. (We led most of the game in the first encounter and lost by 3 with everyone healthy.) Kelley and Story along with Shipley have been the next high scorers (and sometimes THE high scorers) all year long. Shipley did a good job under the circumstances but we really needed Kelley's contributions on both offense and defense. (Best wishes to her on a complete recovery from ACL surgery) Story was obviously not back to full capacity either.

Injuries are only a part of what the Lady Devils are battling. They've had a really tough schedule and I think losing some of those early games by close margins with Oak Ridge, South Greene (by 1 and incidentally the only team to beat MW), Upperman and Cleveland (in OT) may have negatively effected their morale. Even though it doesn't effect the conference standings, it still can take a toll on a team that is NOT used to losing. Also, one of the starters is dealing with a very serious, life-threatening illness of one of her siblings. Our bench is talented but very young and inexpeienced.

It's just been a rocky year for Greeneville but I hope they can get it together for the conference tournament so they can leave the IMAC giving their best efforts with their heads held high. Regardless, MW is on a roll right now. Everything is clicking for them and they deserve all their accolades.

Wanted to say congrats to JC on their win friday night against Cherokee 53 - 33. The lady pats have won 4 in a row. they travel to sevier county tonight for their first of three games this week. couple of questions: anyone know the make up date with south doyle? and did anyone go to the game friday night at jc? saw the box score where ryans was held to just 6 points

Ive been gone a week and things got crazy......The AAU thing id like to clear up. Taylor Hall played 2 years with Buda and Depew on the KGC PRIDE. 4 AAU STATE TITLES AND 3 AAU FINAL FOURS.

Ill step of the promotion platform now.

Rob,

Everybody knows that KGC is a GREAT program and that Tay played there two years!! Now, obviously she wasn't there for all of the 4 AAU state titles and the 3 AAU final fours!!!

I wish that the older group was still there!!!!

I have watched them for a long time and enjoyed them tremendously.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />