Riverdale coaching change? Coach A out? Rankin back in? rumor has it?

warrior82dad

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this coach a good recruiter? Does he walk the halls and pull the tallent that needs to be on the field?

Funny you should mention that Coach Rankin was great at that this staff is not for example...my son is 6 1 185lbs and not one coach has talked to him about football Why? the only one recruiting him is the QBs dad and he is trying to get him to play QB LOL my son said where will cody play and the dad said well find a place for him LOL but the point is not one coach has talked to him and he is a JR

A change has to be made. This coach has ruined Riverdale. It has nothing to do with the zones, lack of players, new high schools, and population patterns. It has to do with Coach A. We need a Riverdale man back. I believe Rankin will be back to the Middle Tenn. area but he will not return to Riverdale. Crawford would be a great choice. Whether he would take it I don??™t know. He did get slapped in the face by not getting the job the first time around. Hopefully Nolan will right the wrong and hire Crawford and send Adeylott packing. Riverdale needs a Riverdale guy it has worked for the other Boro schools. Kris White would also be a good hire.

Here is a better rumor.................about as valid as the Rankin one. I think some people just blurt stuff out so that head will rattle a bit and indicate that there may be a brain lurking in that area.

Here's mine...............this is what really may happen!

Original Head Coach at Riverdale, Phil Watts (become very wealthy----actually very true) will BUY Riverdale and turn it into EAGLE ACADEMY; the private school of all private schools and immediately challenge all Tenn privates.

ole!!

Way to go Rio Grande Man, your great friend c. flatt is in the county and would love the academy in the boro. Senor Cancun, you have great insight, and I hope good luck friday. cinco de mayo. lol /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Funny you should mention that Coach Rankin was great at that this staff is not for example...my son is 6 1 185lbs and not one coach has talked to him about football Why? the only one recruiting him is the QBs dad and he is trying to get him to play QB LOL my son said where will cody play and the dad said well find a place for him LOL but the point is not one coach has talked to him and he is a JR

I've heard that Coach A doesn't recruit his hallways. I've also heard that there is no discipline on the team either. Without discipline....you have nothing. But you also have to look at the big picture.....This is the first time since 1990 that Riverdale will not be in the playoffs. Everyone has bad years and this was the year for Riverdale. They will be strong again, just look at the Freshman team coming up.

Here is a better rumor.................about as valid as the Rankin one. I think some people just blurt stuff out so that head will rattle a bit and indicate that there may be a brain lurking in that area.

Here's mine...............this is what really may happen!

Original Head Coach at Riverdale, Phil Watts (become very wealthy----actually very true) will BUY Riverdale and turn it into EAGLE ACADEMY; the private school of all private schools and immediately challenge all Tenn privates.

ole!!

He'd charge double admission, even to his players, and fire the good coaches and keep the bad ones.

He'd charge double admission, even to his players, and fire the good coaches and keep the bad ones.

You cannot fault old Phil for trying to turn a dollar (LOL)..................He will name the school Eagle Academy in honor of his old alma mater .............the once mighty East Nashville HS Eagles.

"Do you soar with the Eagles by day, or fly with the Owls by night"............unknown author!

ole!!

Riverdale is a down for a reason and it doesnt have much to do with coaching. Zoning, new high schools, and population patterns have more to do with Riverdale's season than anything.

I think this is the lames excuse for a rutherford county team is not doing as good as the fans expect. Zoning didnt hinder riverdale from winning their last state title zoning didnt hinder smyrna from winning their last state title. I think a lot of you native Rutherford countians are little spoiled with your past success. take it form someone who lives in murfreesboro but is not from here. you still have the best football in the state hands down. Think about it some of the worst teams to come out of this county usually man handle good teams from other regions. Murfreesboro is the SEC/big 12 of high school football in TN. Riverdale is not going to the playoffs because they are in the toughest region in the state. Coaches/fans/and players are going to have to start realizing that. Im willing to bet you there will never be another undefeated football team from Rutherford County but there will be more state champions from the region book itwe are about to start seeing who the best coaches are in this country especially when when Rockvale and Stewarts Creek high schools open in a few years

I've heard that Coach A doesn't recruit his hallways. I've also heard that there is no discipline on the team either. Without discipline....you have nothing. But you also have to look at the big picture.....This is the first time since 1990 that Riverdale will not be in the playoffs. Everyone has bad years and this was the year for Riverdale. They will be strong again, just look at the Freshman team coming up.

Well, If your going to go the freshmen team route, there's a pretty darn good, undefeated, Freshmen team a few exits up I24 from yall in Smyrna that are in the same boat (which your squad could meet in the Lions Bowl). So, I would not count on that chicken before it hatches. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Well, If your going to go the freshmen team route, there's a pretty darn good, undefeated, Freshmen team a few exits up I24 from yall in Smyrna that are in the same boat (which your squad could meet in the Lions Bowl). So, I would not count on that chicken before it hatches. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Sorry, I just saw that game is over and was a route. 41-6 Smyrna.