Riverdale coaching change? Coach A out? Rankin back in? rumor has it?

warrior82dad

Well at the 'little' school the Son has a better chance of sctually making it on the team. If he was someplace like R'dale he would actually have to compete for the job against much bigger and stronger players.

Coach Rankin's boy is very talented. He has excellent size and speed for a freshman at 6'0 215 lbs. He is also a hard worker in the weight room. And he still has a lot of growing to do. He has been very dominate at center against bigger schools during freshman and JV games. I am sure he would compete quite nicely at a larger school. However, you are probably correct in that he will be able to compete as sophmore rather than waiting to his Jr year at larger schools.

Best thing of all? We have him. He is an awesome young man.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tucker is a good kid i would umpire games that he would catch in rec ball while he may not have been the best catcher in the league he always played his hardest

TDC man i hope you are right and that he may resign it would make things a lot easier I do not believe Mr Nolan will let him go so if he wants to come back i think he will be able to

Well at the 'little' school the Son has a better chance of sctually making it on the team. If he was someplace like R'dale he would actually have to compete for the job against much bigger and stronger players.

Have you seen Alcoa this year? I have seen Riverdale this year and I can honestly say there is no comparison between the two schools talent wise. Maybe in the OLD days but not now. Alcoa is stronger up front than Riverdale and honestly they look to be deeper talent wise. Speed wise there is no comparison.

Have you seen Alcoa this year? I have seen Riverdale this year and I can honestly say there is no comparison between the two schools talent wise. Maybe in the OLD days but not now. Alcoa is stronger up front than Riverdale and honestly they look to be deeper talent wise. Speed wise there is no comparison.

our talent is still there it just not being used like it used to be

our talent is still there it just not being used like it used to be

Man I don't know about that. I lived in the Boro for years (next to Coach Crawford) and i just don't see it. I think parity has hurt all of the schools in Rutherford County. But I will defer to you since I haven't lived there in years. Just know what I saw this year and it was kind of sad....not the same team from years gone by. But I can honestly say Oakland is not the same either, at least Marty's good teams in the late 90's. JMHO

Hey LOD this sounds like a thread about another recent powerhouse that has fallen on hard times. Reckon who that would be? Only not as nasty, yet.

By the way I'm having eye surgery on wed. before the championship games on friday. But I'll be there even if I have to get the wife to drive me. So if we eat ribs in the Boro we'll have to eat someone elses cause I wouldn't be able to cook. But I will still call Joe and Bruce and see if they want to join us.

I've read post after post from Riverdale supporters (or should I say lackofsupporters) dogging Coach A. Is it any wonder why the players would lose confidence in the coach if all they heard from the supporters (read parents) was how lousy the coach was. As far as recruiting the halls, if a kid doesn't have the desire to put in the commitment on his own to sign up for football, the team is better off without him. A great team is just that, A TEAM, not a bunch of great athletes (read Dallas Cowboys). Let those in charge make the decision, then back the coach and don't be part of the problem.

I've read post after post from Riverdale supporters (or should I say lackofsupporters) dogging Coach A. Is it any wonder why the players would lose confidence in the coach if all they heard from the supporters (read parents) was how lousy the coach was. As far as recruiting the halls, if a kid doesn't have the desire to put in the commitment on his own to sign up for football, the team is better off without him. A great team is just that, A TEAM, not a bunch of great athletes (read Dallas Cowboys). Let those in charge make the decision, then back the coach and don't be part of the problem.

i disagree about recruiting your halls...sometimes a kid might need a litle encouragement to join the team keep in mind these are high school kids and not all of them have a high self esteem and sometimes that little push might push them to play and could end up being a really good player for you one day....as far as coach A the kids is where i am getting my source from...if a football player is acting out in class and the teacher threatens to tell their coach and the kid tell the teacher they dont care because coach wont do anything that is a real problem...and then on the feild you have the same problems over and over again and it never gets corrected why is that...in almost every loss we had we either had the ball or needed a defensive stop we never made the play why is that...we have too much talent to not A win the region and B not make playoffs...there is more talent on this team than there was in 2002 and about the same talent as 2003

i disagree about recruiting your halls...sometimes a kid might need a litle encouragement to join the team keep in mind these are high school kids and not all of them have a high self esteem and sometimes that little push might push them to play and could end up being a really good player for you one day....as far as coach A the kids is where i am getting my source from...if a football player is acting out in class and the teacher threatens to tell their coach and the kid tell the teacher they dont care because coach wont do anything that is a real problem...and then on the feild you have the same problems over and over again and it never gets corrected why is that...in almost every loss we had we either had the ball or needed a defensive stop we never made the play why is that...we have too much talent to not A win the region and B not make playoffs...there is more talent on this team than there was in 2002 and about the same talent as 2003

I made my points, or actually had others make them for me, earlier in this thread and wanted to stay out, but I just have to comment on this one.

Riverdale was down in talent. Way down? No.

5-5 down? Looks like it. Everyone in the state that has seen them said they were down. A few "supporters" say they are not down in talent because they dont like to face the alternateive...its their kids that everyone else they have played are saying they are not as good. Thats a hard pill to swallow, isnt it? Your kids are not as good as previous Riverdale teams and you talk as if making the Riverdale teams makes them as good as previous years. 2002 and 2003? Ummm, perhaps this years team's talent level is the same, but have you considered that other teams in the region have higher talent levels? I guess R'Dale people expect everyone else to not get better for their benefit. Wow, all that hard work and improved facilities at those other schools really did work, who would have thought! LOL Darn it, thats just not fair! How dare they get better!

And your logic points to exactly why it is difficult to admit that this years team is not as talented. The excuses by many of the "supporters" show how many of these kids were raised; by excuse makers who have an over inflated opinion of how good their kid really is.

Is it the coaches job to discipline the kids for class behaviors? Sure, sometimes. But isnt it the parents job to raise the kid so they dont cause a problem in the class?

Is it the job of the high school coach to raise a kids self esteem IN HIGH SCHOOL, when the parent has had them for the previous 14 or so years?

Is it the job of the coach to motivate kids to play, when in a lot of cases the parents cant motivate the kid to get away from a video game?

You are blaming a high school coach for the way a lot of this kids were raised and expect for him to change in a few seasons what the parents took years to cause.

Riverdaleman, I have enjoyed your posts and game analysis over past seasons, but I think your perspective is a little skewed this time. Coach A has state wide respect. Riverdale talent this year does not. I think the only shortcoming that the coach has had comes from the lack of talent he is stuck dealing with. When you cant afford to kick a couple of lazy ones off the team to make an example, you do get stuck with some lazy attitudes that can spread. Then the mistakes spread, but if you come down too hard on kids that have been babied by excuse making parents, you end up with crybaby quitters, and that all gets blamed on the coach being too hard on the kids.

You keep saying the same things over and over again in your circular argument to blame it all on the coach, but the truth is very far from that. It is much easier to point the finger at someone else that your own...and I am totally not saying this is the case in your instance, but I am sure it is with a lot of folks.

And what is different from the past years of success from Coach A? Is he different, or are the kids different? hhhuuummm...its a different set of kids, but its the same coach. Common sense tells you where the problem is.

For a whole number of reasons, the talent is down at Riverdale. And since Coach A didnt father the team, the lack of talent cant be blamed on him. Its not his genetics.

Ok, Ive had my say. Now everyone go on with the Coach A bashing. The rest of the state sees the problem at Riverdale and is thankful for it. Too bad pride and egos are keeping the "supporters" from the truth and being able to do something positive about it. You are about to send your program into a dismal hole of coach bashing and controversy that will keep R'Dale struggling for a while. I'm sure the rest of the region and the state are very thankful for your help in making R'Dale very beatable.

Have at it, but please read it all carefully, most responders don't and that gets very annoying having to explain thinsgs over and over that were already adequately explained.

But I doubt I will respond anyway. Most folks wont admit their own shortcomings, let alone be willing to do anything about them...so whats the point? Right?

Have a great offseason with the fingerpointing...it will only keep the team from holding up the #1 finger for that much longer.

I agree whole heartedly that is first the parents job for a kid to straighten up. However they should also have fear of the coach to straightenup...

I do not have a kid on the team so it is not my kid they are talking about my kid plays baseball and i am the one that doesnt give him the credit he deserves for how good he is i am the one that tells him it doesnt matter how good you did this game it is the next game...

We are going to have to agree to disagree with the talent...also people across the state has been saying our talent is down for over 10 years