Riverdale coaching change? Coach A out? Rankin back in? rumor has it?

warrior82dad

I agree whole heartedly that is first the parents job for a kid to straighten up. However they should also have fear of the coach to straightenup...

I do not have a kid on the team so it is not my kid they are talking about my kid plays baseball and i am the one that doesnt give him the credit he deserves for how good he is i am the one that tells him it doesnt matter how good you did this game it is the next game...

We are going to have to agree to disagree with the talent...also people across the state has been saying our talent is down for over 10 years

It sounds like you are on the right track with your son. Good luck and keep him working hard.

As far as the past 10 years, saying Riverdale talent is down is what teams said to themselves to get psyched up to play R'Dale..."Riverdale is down this year, we can beat them boys!" and they only said it BEFORE you played them. Very few said it after you played them and had beaten the tar out of them. The difference now is that they are saying it about R'Dale AFTER you play them.

So maybe the talent isnt down, but at the very least, a whole lot of teams have caught up, and at least 5 this season have passed the level of talent at R'Dale.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if we can get the 'Great Pumpkin' to coach now that he is supposedly stepping down at UT? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

One thing is for sure is he does NOT run the WingT. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I wonder if we can get the 'Great Pumpkin' to coach now that he is supposedly stepping down at UT? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

One thing is for sure is he does NOT run the WingT. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You'd be trading down...Riverdale's record is better than UT's!

Hey LOD, Maybe Tenn. and Michigan can play in the toilet bowl this year. (AS much as it hurts me to say as a Big Blue Fan)

What do you say?

I am not sure of the whole Riverdale coaching situation. However, I can give input into both Gary and John Tucker Rankin. A little over a year ago I was able to discuss things with Coach Rankin involving wrestling and his son. Also, I was able to talk to him and hear what he liked about Alcoa. He likes the small school setting that is there and John Tucker liked that as well. Unless a lot has changed in one year he is still happy with Alcoa and will be staying there. It'd be dumb to leave.

Alcoa does not run the Wing-T btw. Only the teams we beat try it.

as far as I know there is no decsion to be made he will be retained as the head coach at RIVERDALE he has Mr Nolans support

That's kind of the sense I get as well. I'm assuming Aydelott will retain his barbecue buddies as well. I'll go ahead and predict 6-4 and a 2d round exit from the playoffs next year if all that holds true.

I still think that Coach A should just resign and move on to a situation more compatible.

That's kind of the sense I get as well. I'm assuming Aydelott will retain his barbecue buddies as well. I'll go ahead and predict 6-4 and a 2d round exit from the playoffs next year if all that holds true.

I still think that Coach A should just resign and move on to a situation more compatible.

I thought Fat Phil's example yesterday would have been enough. I was wrong!

Well I was right about them being 5-5 this year. Next year unless some DRASTIC changes are made I do not see us even being that good next year.

Blackman and LaVergne could beat us as well next year. Both are young and coming on strong with a good base to build on.

There ARE horses in the stable, we just need some new stable hands to shovel out the manure!

If nothing else find a DC that actually knows DEFENSE!

Biggest question now is how many are we gonna lose to MTCS this year!

TDC, I do NOT see us making the playoffs again next year!

I thought Fat Phil's example yesterday would have been enough. I was wrong!

Well I was right about them being 5-5 this year. Next year unless some DRASTIC changes are made I do not see us even being that good next year.

Blackman and LaVergne could beat us as well next year. Both are young and coming on strong with a good base to build on.

There ARE horses in the stable, we just need some new stable hands to shovel out the manure!

If nothing else find a DC that actually knows DEFENSE!

Biggest question now is how many are we gonna lose to MTCS this year!

TDC, I do NOT see us making the playoffs again next year!

MTCS?....more like oakland i have already talked to 2 kids that are going to go to oakland instead of RIVERDALE...and one of them is a long time RIVERDALE fan....I am doing my best to keep him here but i am not sure if i am going to be able to retain him