Alcoa Legacy.

Rankinated2010

A few big things happened on Goddard field last night at Alcoa.

Point 1: Alcoa has taken yet another TSSAA record by being the first team in State history to win 5 region championship titles in a row.

Point 2: Alcoa finished the season last night with a 37-0 win over Loudon. with this win the 2008 Alcoa Tornadoes finished the season without giving up a touchdown at home. And ending the regular season with their opponents scoring an average of 3.3 pts scored per game.

I find these stats impresisve. Maybe its just me , idk. But this is a congrats to our D-Line for such a great season. And to the seniors , lets get that gold ball and God bless all of you

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Point 1: Alcoa has taken yet another TSSAA record by being the first team in State history to win 5 region championship titles in a row.

Point 2: Alcoa finished the season last night with a 37-0 win over Loudon. with this win the 2008 Alcoa Tornadoes finished the season without giving up a touchdown at home. And ending the regular season with their opponents scoring an average of 3.3 pts scored per game.

I find these stats impresisve. Maybe its just me , idk. But this is a congrats to our D-Line for such a great season. And to the seniors , lets get that gold ball and God bless all of you

Point 1 is not correct. I would think many teams have won over 5 region titles in a row. Heck...Maryville has won how many?

Those are impressive numbers!

Point number one is incorrect. Trousdale County went from 1990 through 2000 and never lost a district/region game. I'm not real sure when the TSSAA changed from districts to regions. Antwan probably knows. You may be reffering to strickly Region championships. Anyways, in TC's championship run in '97, the opponents average was a shade over 4 points per game (playoffs included).

Good luck to the Tornadoes the rest of the year. However, I don't think you'll need it. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'm pretty sure your next door neighbor beat you to that one. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

And I'm pretty sure Maryville got beat to that one by Riverdale. I'm pretty sure this is the first year they have NOT won their region since 94.......

The defense has been impressive this year. The best thing I see about the whole team is that they are so unselfish. They don't want to be the team that gets beat by another 2A school. This team is really special, more so (IMO) than the other teams. There are a couple of standouts, but not one like Brandon, Duck, or Randall. These are boys who are grateful to be donning the maroon & white on Friday nights. Even the boys who don't get in and are on the sidelines are amazing. They are the ones who make the 1st & 2nd stringers better by pushing them in practice. We've got some big boys on those sidelines, some have only seen a few snaps this season, if they've seen any at all. With the mercy rule, it's hard to get everybody in to play.

Big, big hats off to Nix and his intensity, as well as Rankin for believing in Nix and letting him "do his thang"! The boys have bought into it, and it really shows!

The defense has been impressive this year. The best thing I see about the whole team is that they are so unselfish. They don't want to be the team that gets beat by another 2A school. This team is really special, more so (IMO) than the other teams. There are a couple of standouts, but not one like Brandon, Duck, or Randall. These are boys who are grateful to be donning the maroon & white on Friday nights. Even the boys who don't get in and are on the sidelines are amazing. They are the ones who make the 1st & 2nd stringers better by pushing them in practice. We've got some big boys on those sidelines, some have only seen a few snaps this season, if they've seen any at all. With the mercy rule, it's hard to get everybody in to play.

Big, big hats off to Nix and his intensity, as well as Rankin for believing in Nix and letting him "do his thang"! The boys have bought into it, and it really shows!

For sure!...............Coach NIX does a great job! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

hey, alcoa does have a great defense however do they play cumberland gap in the first round? and if so, they had better look out for C.G. offense, very explosive. the Q.B. and 1 of the rec. is always at the top of the stats in fridays newspaper. not saying the panthers will win but alcoa has not seen a offense like cumberland gaps.

hey, alcoa does have a great defense however do they play cumberland gap in the first round? and if so, they had better look out for C.G. offense, very explosive. the Q.B. and 1 of the rec. is always at the top of the stats in fridays newspaper. not saying the panthers will win but alcoa has not seen a offense like cumberland gaps.

Not to worry...our boys will be ready for Friday and won't be overlooking anybody.

Alcoa may not have seen an offense like CG's, but I don't think they've seen a defense like the F5!!!

GO TORNADOES!!!

Coach Rankin has always done a great job of surrounding himself with good coaches and letting them coach ...i know i miss him lol