Region 5 vs Region 6 (1A matchups)

FridayMainEvent

1st Round Winners  

92 members have voted

1. 1. 1st Round Winners

Genius is a pretty positive nickname isnt it? I like Einstein it is a whole lot better than what others call me lol.

yea and you keep on trey you gonna get called worse than that,,, these region 6 folk's are to high strunk not like us easy going region 5 folk's but just maybeeee after fri, night we want have to listen to much /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea and you keep on trey you gonna get called worse than that,,, these region 6 folk's are to high strunk not like us easy going region 5 folk's but just maybeeee after fri, night we want have to listen to much /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

What's a strunk? Never been called that before. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

nope he didnt have the grades to play d1 i dont believe, hes playing JUCO i think.

after playing college ball i can tell you that he wasn't good enough anyways. we have rb just as quick and fast that are 6-0 and 200 pounds. if he would have played any bigger than junior college he would have gotten hurt. i don't think he could have taken 330 pound d-lineman eating him up. tramont moody hit him once in 2005 and that was enough to win jb the game. not to take away from his skill though. he was an amazing player. he just lacked the size to be competitive in college.

after playing college ball i can tell you that he wasn't good enough anyways. we have rb just as quick and fast that are 6-0 and 200 pounds. if he would have played any bigger than junior college he would have gotten hurt. i don't think he could have taken 330 pound d-lineman eating him up. tramont moody hit him once in 2005 and that was enough to win jb the game. not to take away from his skill though. he was an amazing player. he just lacked the size to be competitive in college.

im pretty sure a bigger d1 college had him go to a JUCO college, then will have him transfer out after 2 years...youngtiger or bigbigby can probably tell you better than i could though. i think he'd make a good kick/punt returner at the high d1 level....what college did you play for cpr

Here is a very brief summary to the keys to the game for each team in region 5 to come out on top Friday night. I honestly would do a keys to the game for their opponents but I have not seen them all play or enough. Some of these will be repeptitive so bare with me lol.

Cascade -

1. Set the tone from the beginning.

2. Score quickly and often to put the game out of reach early.

3. Take care of the football.

4. Stay at home on the ends and contain the QB.

5. Listen to your coaches and play with the same intensity you have played with all season.

Jo Byrns-

1. Take care of the ball.

2. Continue to play defense the way you have all season.

3. Find ways to open the offense up more but play within your strenghts.

4. If you stop the run you win the game.

Mcewen -

1. Take care of the football!!!

2. Create turnovers and capitalize on them.

3. Beat the man lined up across from you on every play.

4. This is a four quarter game control the ball and the clock.

5.Make neccessary adjustments between possessions and more importantly at the half.

6. Do not get complacent and play the game with the intensity that you are down by 10 points the entire game.

MTCS -

1. Make your presence known from the get go.

2. Take the hostile crowd element out of your head.

3. Play within your strengths on both sides of the ball.

4. Take care of the football on every play.

5. Create turnovers and capitalize.

6. Listen to your coach and he will put you in the right place to be successful.

7. Establish the run game and use your strong Qb's arm to your advantage to throw it over the top.

8. Stay in your assignments and let the play come to you, do not over pursue and CONTAIN!!!!

I know this will not guarantee a victory by itself and I know it is easier said than done. I also know that there are particular matchups where speed and talent will win most of the time. Please feel free to add, criticize , or elaborate on this post. Good luck to all teams this Friday. The playoffs is what it is all about.

Here is a very brief summary to the keys to the game for each team in region 5 to come out on top Friday night. I honestly would do a keys to the game for their opponents but I have not seen them all play or enough. Some of these will be repeptitive so bare with me lol.

Cascade -

1. Set the tone from the beginning.

2. Score quickly and often to put the game out of reach early.

3. Take care of the football.

4. Stay at home on the ends and contain the QB.

5. Listen to your coaches and play with the same intensity you have played with all season.

Jo Byrns-

1. Take care of the ball.

2. Continue to play defense the way you have all season.

3. Find ways to open the offense up more but play within your strenghts.

4. If you stop the run you win the game.

Mcewen -

1. Take care of the football!!!

2. Create turnovers and capitalize on them.

3. Beat the man lined up across from you on every play.

4. This is a four quarter game control the ball and the clock.

5.Make neccessary adjustments between possessions and more importantly at the half.

6. Do not get complacent and play the game with the intensity that you are down by 10 points the entire game.

MTCS -

1. Make your presence known from the get go.

2. Take the hostile crowd element out of your head.

3. Play within your strengths on both sides of the ball.

4. Take care of the football on every play.

5. Create turnovers and capitalize.

6. Listen to your coach and he will put you in the right place to be successful.

7. Establish the run game and use your strong Qb's arm to your advantage to throw it over the top.

8. Stay in your assignments and let the play come to you, do not over pursue and CONTAIN!!!!

I know this will not guarantee a victory by itself and I know it is easier said than done. I also know that there are particular matchups where speed and talent will win most of the time. Please feel free to add, criticize , or elaborate on this post. Good luck to all teams this Friday. The playoffs is what it is all about.

great post coach trey us old folks need to get a geratric team together think u could coach for us lol /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I wish I had a nickel for every time some person thought you had to be tall to carry the football. Look at Barry Sanders, Darren Sproles, Garrett Wolfe, Warrick Dunn, Brian Westbrook, Kevin Faulk, Emmitt Smith, Maurice Jones-Drew, etc. I mean I could go on and on. There's something to be said for a back that can hide behind a 6-foot-6, 320 pound man and then dart around the corner. Those guys are tough to grab hold of even when you do find them. Marco's size was irrelevant to playing running back on the next level. His grades were.

I will say this, if you're going to be that short, you better be able to take a hit, hold onto the football, make people miss and see a hole. You can't just run under linebackers' legs.

great post coach trey us old folks need to get a geratric team together think u could coach for us lol /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Absolutely for a great salary like Fulmer im your guy lol.

I wish I had a nickel for every time some person thought you had to be tall to carry the football. Look at Barry Sanders, Darren Sproles, Garrett Wolfe, Warrick Dunn, Brian Westbrook, Kevin Faulk, Emmitt Smith, Maurice Jones-Drew, etc. I mean I could go on and on. There's something to be said for a back that can hide behind a 6-foot-6, 320 pound man and then dart around the corner. Those guys are tough to grab hold of even when you do find them. Marco's size was irrelevant to playing running back on the next level. His grades were.

I will say this, if you're going to be that short, you better be able to take a hit, hold onto the football, make people miss and see a hole. You can't just run under linebackers' legs.

Average weight of halfof them is 220 big difference