Region 5 vs Region 6 (1A matchups)

FridayMainEvent

1st Round Winners  

92 members have voted

1. 1. 1st Round Winners

Okay, Einstein, this is my last post pertaining to this particular comparison. Explaining logic seems to be going no where, so I'll put it to you like this. Throw out scores, throw out common opponents, Throw out coaching philosophies, throw out wet fields, throw out tooth aches, back aches, menstrual cramps, whatever variable you choose to offer. I saw Moore County play and I saw Forrest play with my own two eyes. Forrest is the better team, period. Plain enough English there?

Come on 11. Ya'll said all last year that region 5 was better because you had a 7-3 team sitting at home. Now region 6 has a 7-3 team sitting at home so shouldn't that make region 6 the better region? I have to say MC is probably one of the weakest teams in the state that made the playoffs. They don't stand a chance against JB.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on 11. Ya'll said all last year that region 5 was better because you had a 7-3 team sitting at home. Now region 6 has a 7-3 team sitting at home so shouldn't that make region 6 the better region? I have to say MC is probably one of the weakest teams in the state that made the playoffs. They don't stand a chance against JB.

Young, I haven't gotten all caught up in this we are better than ya'll debate this year. Honestly, I have no idea which region is better this year. I've only commented on the one team from your region I have seen, Moore County. When I saw them this year, I never thought in a million years they'd make the playoffs. I think if you'll check back through my posts, you'll notice I only stated with a degree of certainty that Forrest, who missed the playoffs in our region is stronger than Moore County. Does that mean they are stronger than anyone else in Region 6? Who knows. Moore County is the only team I saw play. We should be able to have a better understanding of which region is stronger after Friday night. If things go as most of us more knowledgable fans expect and it is a split again, then we can continue this debate for at least another week. Should it go 3-1 or 4-0 in favor of one of the regions, then the argument can be made that region is stronger.

Although many of us were talking a lot of smack against the other region last year (region 6 and region 5) some people were extremely harsh and showed poor taste in post game remarks, so I opted not to get too involved in this pre-game smack talk.

Young, I haven't gotten all caught up in this we are better than ya'll debate this year. Honestly, I have no idea which region is better this year. I've only commented on the one team from your region I have seen, Moore County. When I saw them this year, I never thought in a million years they'd make the playoffs. I think if you'll check back through my posts, you'll notice I only stated with a degree of certainty that Forrest, who missed the playoffs in our region is stronger than Moore County. Does that mean they are stronger than anyone else in Region 6? Who knows. Moore County is the only team I saw play. We should be able to have a better understanding of which region is stronger after Friday night. If things go as most of us more knowledgable fans expect and it is a split again, then we can continue this debate for at least another week. Should it go 3-1 or 4-0 in favor of one of the regions, then the argument can be made that region is stronger.

Although many of us were talking a lot of smack against the other region last year (region 6 and region 5) some people were extremely harsh and showed poor taste in post game remarks, so I opted not to get too involved in this pre-game smack talk.

I thought I would surely get 3 paragraphs out of you. MC catches most everyone over here right after Wayne Co and Collinwood so that helps them to some degree but this year they caught CA without Rector or they would at least be sitting in the 4 spot if not 5. Like I say JB will have no problem with them, especially at their place.

I thought I would surely get 3 paragraphs out of you. MC catches most everyone over here right after Wayne Co and Collinwood so that helps them to some degree but this year they caught CA without Rector or they would at least be sitting in the 4 spot if not 5. Like I say JB will have no problem with them, especially at their place.

I sure hope that you are right....

Well I hope we can all feel the love, after a good /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> FRIDAY NIGHT of HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL inTENNESSEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yea baby

I took over the smack talk role this year from 11 LOL. I truly believe once we get to the second round it is up for grabs who advances to the third round.Every team needs to come ready to play because there are no second chances in the playoffs.

Back to back to back and still no state title but they are the home of Marco Daily

Heys playin d1 ball know ain't he

And what does McEwen have? No region championships? No Mr Football nominees? No Mr Football winners? Real sure there are no state championships in McEwen? Have they even been out of the first round of the playoffs?

Enough about Marco, he has graduated and has moved on to another level. Marco was one of the BEST EVER to touch a football in the state of Tennessee. He numbers & records will speak for that. Moody may have stopped him in 2005 but he ran completely over him & Tuck in 2006 on a game winning TD run.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!

Well guys, my Pat's are out, but I didn't want to disappoint my many region 5 fans by not posting THE KINGS LOSERS this week.

First playoff loser this Friday will be tha Devilettes of JO BYRNS. Moore County is a very explosive offense and since the Devilettes haven't seen a good offense all year, they'll be in shell shock by the time this 1 is over!

Next up, we have the McChickens from McEWEN. Mt Plesant has ran a 1 dimensional offense for 4 years during the Daily era, so surely 2 goodness they know how 2 stop one! All MP has 2 do is watch film of their own team last year 2 figure out how 2 stop this 1 horse pony show.

Next will be the 1st 1 seed to get knocked out in a long time. The Chumps from CASCADE are already discussin the rematch with MP and will get caught with their pantz down Friday. CA is ALOT better than people are givin em credit 4 bein. Chumps d is too slow 2 stop Renfroe who will be used as a decoy for much of the night.

Last, we have the Cougarettes from MTCS. Private panzies get smacked around by some big ole corn-feed Country boyz Friday night. This will B the ugliest game on the schedule Friday night. Nick Saban couldn't save the cougarettes in this 1!

Lucky for all involved, the 2007 version of the Pat's aren't playin. We'd run thru this group easy!

Well guys, my Pat's are out, but I didn't want to disappoint my many region 5 fans by not posting THE KINGS LOSERS this week.

First playoff loser this Friday will be tha Devilettes of JO BYRNS. Moore County is a very explosive offense and since the Devilettes haven't seen a good offense all year, they'll be in shell shock by the time this 1 is over!

Next up, we have the McChickens from McEWEN. Mt Plesant has ran a 1 dimensional offense for 4 years during the Daily era, so surely 2 goodness they know how 2 stop one! All MP has 2 do is watch film of their own team last year 2 figure out how 2 stop this 1 horse pony show.

Next will be the 1st 1 seed to get knocked out in a long time. The Chumps from CASCADE are already discussin the rematch with MP and will get caught with their pantz down Friday. CA is ALOT better than people are givin em credit 4 bein. Chumps d is too slow 2 stop Renfroe who will be used as a decoy for much of the night.

Last, we have the Cougarettes from MTCS. Private panzies get smacked around by some big ole corn-feed Country boyz Friday night. This will B the ugliest game on the schedule Friday night. Nick Saban couldn't save the cougarettes in this 1!

Lucky for all involved, the 2007 version of the Pat's aren't playin. We'd run thru this group easy!

Hey, where have you been we've missed you!!!!! You may have become my new favorite poster by picking Jo Byrns to lose. That almost has got to seal the victory for us.

that's right like you did last year huh

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

That's a lot of smack talk there, Buddy! Who the heck are the "Pat's" anyway? You claim to be a region 5 person but picked a region 6 sweep. I bet you are popular over there. I happen to agree that it will be a region 6 sweep. I know the Tigers will take care of their part!