MTCS @ Wayne Co.

cougarball3

It's up to WC to win for Region 6. You guys are the only ones that have a chance against Region 5.

i know its terrible isnt it, after all the tennessean knows all lol i honestly look for mtp to get a win and for ca to keep it close at cascade prob want win but i think they can keep it close for a while dont really think mc can win but i hope they do

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im not sure why some think that , there is such a wide gap in coaching here , rice and crews will have there team ready and will do just as good a job coaching

There is no doubt that Ricky Rice is a good coach... but your comparing him to guy that has just came off back to back 5A state championships... that is an extreme acomplishment... I realize that he has great athletes in Wilks and Gray and everyone else on the team... but 5A has will always be competative throughout due to such large enrollments...

Good Luck to both teams... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Does MTCS have enough to get their first playoff win... YES

Will they win at Wayne County....................PROBABLY NOT

I think that this game will be a shoot out...

Wayne County can produce points quick, but so can MTCS

Wayne County has more overall depth than MTCS

MTCS has a better coaching staff than Wayne Co.

The two (2) deciding factors in this game will be who has the better defense... and if Wayne County's depth can wear down MTCS...

Overall, I would say that Wayne County's D is better than MTCS, and their depth will become a factor in this game...

Final:

Wayne County...........42

MTCS........................28

halftime:

Wayne County...........21

MTCS........................14

MTCS will hang tough until half way through the 3rd, but WC's D and depth will take its toll in the end...

GOOD LUCK COUGARS... REPRESENT REGION 5 WELL

GOOD LUCK WILDCATS.. (because Ricky Rice is from McEwen)

There is no doubt that Ricky Rice is a good coach... but your comparing him to guy that has just came off back to back 5A state championships... that is an extreme acomplishment... I realize that he has great athletes in Wilks and Gray and everyone else on the team... but 5A has will always be competative throughout due to such large enrollments...

Good Luck to both teams... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The "coaching factor" is interesting. It is certainly multi-faceted. One the one hand, a coach makes several decisions through-out a game and, generally, those decisions are judged either brilliant or awful based on the result (not saying that is the right way to judge decisions but that is the way they are typically judged). However, the result is impacted by players executing as well as decisions and execution from the opponent. On top of that you have the individual player's reactions (for example, a blitz may be executed perfectly by the defense, the offense fails to pick up the blitzing player, but the QB or RB makes a dazzling play and escapes, etc.)

In my opinion, the coaching factor is much more important when it comes to preparing the players (as a team and individually). Not just in a gameplan sense but also in what you do when things don't go your way (i.e., how do you react to adversity?)

Another aspect is whether the players buy-in/believe in the coaches. I suspect the WC players are solidly behind Coach Rice & his staff. They have had a great year and deserve much credit for winning Region 6-A. I am certain the MTCS players believe in Coach Shadowens & his staff -- the players would run through the proverbial brick wall for them.

It all comes down to what happens on the field. Is it time to leave yet?

The "coaching factor" is interesting. It is certainly multi-faceted. One the one hand, a coach makes several decisions through-out a game and, generally, those decisions are judged either brilliant or awful based on the result (not saying that is the right way to judge decisions but that is the way they are typically judged). However, the result is impacted by players executing as well as decisions and execution from the opponent. On top of that you have the individual player's reactions (for example, a blitz may be executed perfectly by the defense, the offense fails to pick up the blitzing player, but the QB or RB makes a dazzling play and escapes, etc.)

In my opinion, the coaching factor is much more important when it comes to preparing the players (as a team and individually). Not just in a gameplan sense but also in what you do when things don't go your way (i.e., how do you react to adversity?)

Another aspect is whether the players buy-in/believe in the coaches. I suspect the WC players are solidly behind Coach Rice & his staff. They have had a great year and deserve much credit for winning Region 6-A. I am certain the MTCS players believe in Coach Shadowens & his staff -- the players would run through the proverbial brick wall for them.

Let's go Cougars let's show'em what region 5 is all about. Get out there play tough cheer loud and let's bring home a region 5 sweep.

Let's go Cougars let's show'em what region 5 is all about. Get out there play tough cheer loud and let's bring home a region 5 sweep.

If we play good football....nothing flashy...no razzle dazzle and just keep getting 1st downs and milking the clock tacking off drives with TD's. I see us being fine. If this gets to being a shootout Texas Tech type game, I don't know how we stack up. We need to go play our game and play physical and region 5 will be sitting pretty tomorrow. GO COUGARS!!!

Darn, CoffeeBreak, you sound like a pretty intelligent guy. We want have to worry about anybody accusing you of being from Jo Byrns or Cascade........ /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

WOW !!!!!!!!! Thats deep!!!!!!!!!!!!!