CPA vs. Hickman County (round 1)

football1011

* removes straw from mouth* I love reading your posts!!! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> I hope the boys don't read all of these boards and get discouraged-my little...well, er...younger brother seems to have his head screwed on straight at the moment, and I hope that all the rest of them do too. They're gonna head up north with a mission on Friday.

GO DAWGS!!!

I will be in town all week....two shows Friday night /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WE HAVE NOT PLAYED ONNNNNNNNE GAME this year at full strength.

Neither has CPA until this past week.

CPA will be the first team this year to see the Dawgs with their best players at all positions.

Hickman Co. will be the second to see the lions in full strength. Don't think you are the only team that has suffered through injury.

AWESOME!! Should be a great game then....that way when we win you will have no excuses as to why you lost /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

well if no one else has a good perception of how a game can be won, ddaddy has a good idea of what CPA can do. I think the Hickman County coaches will have a good game plan and will match up well against the Lions.

I love to see Hickman County win, every time they do not play Lewis County. They had a hard way to go in years past and they have paid their dues in the years past.

BullDogs- 35

CPA- 32

Maybe the Bulldogs can do their "729 Dance"

I would love to see them in the Panther Den in a couple of weeks.

you ain't the only one!!! we hope to get to see you too.....thanks for the support

lets see....Marshall County...Lewis County....yea, I guess those are pretty weak teams....we have only cried twice this year....and it may happen again, but it won't be this Friday....we will bring all the extra Kleenex to give to you /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

we will see who's crying friday nite

I have seen both teams play and think that they will be very evenly matched. HC can win this game, but they have to play to their strength. HC has more team speed, but not as many playmakers. I read on the boards about the innovative offensive scheme that CPA runs that allows them to maximize their talent. I really didn??™t see anything other than what ?? of the high schools and 2/3??™s or the colleges are running today. They run the spread/gun with a QB who has a decent arm and average running ability. There is no doubt HC QB is the better running between the two. CPA also has an athletic/giant (#85?) that plays wing, WR and running back. They come to the line and ??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦ you guess it, they look to the sidelines then everyone looks at an armband then they run the play. They run the fade to #11 or fake (or give) to the running back and the QB keeps it up the middle following lead blockers. If it is short yardage then they have a dazzling play where they give it to the 6??™6??? running back to bull over everyone. And if they are on the goal line they will ??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦.. right again, lob it up to the big man for the jump ball. On defense they will base out of odd front using. #85 will line up either at nose or MLB (where I think he??™s harder to block). They (like 80% of every other team) will run ?? coverage behind their front. They will either lock up man on the WR with halves deep or bump and run pushing the WR to the outside. The FS??™s do a good job of run support and play pretty physical. The most impressive thing about their defense is how well they run to the football and how good of an athlete #85 is. GP didn??™t have but 1 player that could go the distances on any play and he didn??™t play on offense the 2nd half. HC will have 3 that can go the distance on any given play.

Thanks for the scouting report! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

well if no one else has a good perception of how a game can be won, ddaddy has a good idea of what CPA can do. I think the Hickman County coaches will have a good game plan and will match up well against the Lions.

I love to see Hickman County win, every time they do not play Lewis County. They had a hard way to go in years past and they have paid their dues in the years past.

BullDogs- 35

CPA- 32

Maybe the Bulldogs can do their "729 Dance"

I would love to see them in the Panther Den in a couple of weeks.

Again, thanks for the love. You are saying things I never thought I would hear from a Panther! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

we will see who's crying friday nite

did it take you very long to come up with that great comeback? hope your boys will be better prepared than you are /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Thanks for the scouting report! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Again, thanks for the love. You are saying things I never thought I would hear from a Panther! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

lets be careful Status.....might be a trap /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

did it take you very long to come up with that great comeback? hope your boys will be better prepared than you are /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

lets be careful Status.....might be a trap /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Haha, I love it, DBF still won't trust a Panther. That's what makes HC/LC so good though.

I have seen both teams play and think that they will be very evenly matched. HC can win this game, but they have to play to their strength. HC has more team speed, but not as many playmakers. I read on the boards about the innovative offensive scheme that CPA runs that allows them to maximize their talent. I really didn??™t see anything other than what ?? of the high schools and 2/3??™s or the colleges are running today. They run the spread/gun with a QB who has a decent arm and average running ability. There is no doubt HC QB is the better running between the two. CPA also has an athletic/giant (#85?) that plays wing, WR and running back. They come to the line and ??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦ you guess it, they look to the sidelines then everyone looks at an armband then they run the play. They run the fade to #11 or fake (or give) to the running back and the QB keeps it up the middle following lead blockers. If it is short yardage then they have a dazzling play where they give it to the 6??™6??? running back to bull over everyone. And if they are on the goal line they will ??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦??¦.. right again, lob it up to the big man for the jump ball. On defense they will base out of odd front using. #85 will line up either at nose or MLB (where I think he??™s harder to block). They (like 80% of every other team) will run ?? coverage behind their front. They will either lock up man on the WR with halves deep or bump and run pushing the WR to the outside. The FS??™s do a good job of run support and play pretty physical. The most impressive thing about their defense is how well they run to the football and how good of an athlete #85 is. GP didn??™t have but 1 player that could go the distances on any play and he didn??™t play on offense the 2nd half. HC will have 3 that can go the distance on any given play.

Oh, NO! We're doomed! Ddaddy has figured out all of our secrets, and we had SO hoped no one would ever scout us, so we could keep sneaking up on people with our unknown offense and unknown players. Now that HC has all this information, there should be no problem shutting down CPA and beating their defense. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Seriously, I would assume HC won 8 games and had a great season so far (congratulations, by the way) by having some coaches who can scout and analyze film. We know this will be a tough game - they all are in the playoffs, and we are not good enough to overlook anyone. The key for both good teams is not what they do on paper, but executing it well, and coming to play for 48 minutes.

We will welcome you to the Lions Den for the first time. You will enjoy the great atmosphere and contribute to it, but our visitor stands may not hold you all. After all, you have "real" 2A numbers, and almost twice as many students. Sorry, I couldn't resist. And contrary to popular belief, we do not have valet parking for all the Beemers and Benzes. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Good luck to all the playoff teams, and remember, it is not about us fans, it is about the kids who have worked very hard for years to get to this point. Win or lose, they will never forget these moments, so let's help them have good memories.

CPA4Ever, I didn't intend to give a scouting report although I am pulling for our region team (HC). You had led us to believe that your coaches had come up with this great scheme to maximize your talent to make you the superior team that you are. So needless to say I was shock to see CPA running the nationwide offensive flavor of the month. I give you the fact that they do what they do well, but so does many of the other 2A programs that you insinuated are being out coached by Coach Mathews. I actually was surprised to see that GP's offense was more complex and harder to run than that of CPA??™s.

I actually was surprised to see that GP's offense was more complex and harder to run than that of CPA??™s.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

CPA4Ever, I didn't intend to give a scouting report although I am pulling for our region team (HC). You had led us to believe that your coaches had come up with this great scheme to maximize your talent to make you the superior team that you are. So needless to say I was shock to see CPA running the nationwide offensive flavor of the month. I give you the fact that they do what they do well, but so does many of the other 2A programs that you insinuated are being out coached by Coach Mathews. I actually was surprised to see that GP's offense was more complex and harder to run than that of CPA??™s.

Are you kidding me? Goodpasture runs the wing-t. It is not a complex system, just really hard to defend if the offesne has the right personel. The spread offense CPA run is more complex than you put out. They make checks atthe line once they see what they are getting from the defense. Not many 2A teams are doing that. Also I notice they teach their recievers and QBs to read coverages so they have multiple routes they can run. Coach Matthews doesn maximize their talent, unlike Hickman who can only run the ball.