District 14A the best in the State in Single A?

volfan007

jim,

I'm really not following you at all. In our District...14A...we have 8 teams that are very good. We only have two teams that are bad...South Fulton and Halls. We have a 10 team district....8 of those teams can beat the other one on any given night. That's how deep and strong our district is. You name four teams that you think are good. We have 8.

That's the whole point of this post. It's not that 7A is not good, nor who has the best team/teams in the district. It's about who has the strongest district...top to bottom. I really believe that 14A is that district.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 8 teams you say are good have beaten nobody. If you have 10 teams then you should easily have more wins over ranked teams than our district of 6. You say we only have 4 good teams but the last place team in our district almost beat the #2 in the state defending state champion only loosing by 4 points. They also lost to the #12 in the state by only 5 points. That's the last place team. They have also won 8 games. How is the last place teams in your district doing.

If you want to argue who has the best #1's it's us.

If you want to argue who has the best last place team's it's us.

If you want to argue who beats the best teams it's us.

If you want to argue who has the toughest schedule it's us.

I don't see how you are missing my point.

The 8 teams you say are good have beaten nobody. If you have 10 teams then you should easily have more wins over ranked teams than our district of 6. You say we only have 4 good teams but the last place team in our district almost beat the #2 in the state defending state champion only loosing by 4 points. They also lost to the #12 in the state by only 5 points. That's the last place team. They have also won 8 games. How is the last place teams in your district doing.

Yes your 6th place team is better than our 10th place team. There we said. However our 6th could beat your 3rd. The ranked teams that our district have lost to are quite possibly the 2 best teams in the state period. I would take Westview and Gibson Co. over anyone in your district as well as anyone that your district has played. I mean you make such a big deal over who some writers have put in a top 10. Look at it this way. In football this year, Stewart Co. beat a bunch of cupcake schools and ended up in the top 10. I don't think they beat one school with a winning record, but they ended up in the top10. It is a little different in this discussion, but the premise is still the same. Except for Clarkrange, JC, and maybe Riverdale (if they aren't cheating), I would take girls basketball in W. Tn. any day.

Again, we all believe that night in and night out Clarkrang and JC are the 2 best in 1A, but when comparing districts, the next 4-6 spots would come out of district 14. That is my opinion, and we will never know for sure. By the way, if you look at the title of this thread, it is presented in the form of a question, not a statement.

There once was a crazy man in the loony bin. He believed he was dead. He told everyone that he was dead. One day a new psychologist came to work at the hospital, and decided to argue with this man to prove that the man wasn??™t dead. The psychologist asked the patient, ???Do dead men bleed???? The patient thought about it and answered, ???No, dead men have no heart beat, no blood pressure. So no. Dead men don??™t bleed.??? So the psychologist reached out real fast and pricks the patients finger. As the patient watches blood flow from the wound he looks at the psychologist with an amazed look in his eye and exclaims??¦.. ???What do you know. Dead people DO bleed!???

That??™s about what it??™s like with 14A patients??¦. I mean posters.

Yall's # 1 may be better but your #2 only beat Red Boiling Springs by 4 points earlier this year..Red Boiling Springs is behind about 6 of our teams in the Strength Of Schedule ..So that tells me that we have 6 teams as good as your number 2..I also noticed that District 14A has 5 teams in the top 25 by Strength os Schedule..And our teams aren't going to be able to move up because they're beating each other..Clarkrange doesn't have anyone in that district that's probably going to beat them..maybe Jackson Co on a very good night..You say your last place team is better..I would think so because of us having 10 teams..Put the same number of teams in each district..in other words..drop the bottom 4 teams and District has the stronger teams..So..as far as arguing who has the best teams ..it's District 14A..Yall have 3 teams in the top 25..District 14A has 5..

Pickett Co. and Clay Co. both have great teams this year...Pickett went unbeaten at Russellville, KY for Christmas 4-0. Clay Co. is excellent too. Clarkrange is unbeaten. What happened in the past does matter because tradition here is a big thing and programs strive to get better and better. Just a few years ago Shelbyville was #1 in the nation and Jackson Co. beat them. I believe Clarkrange has a top 25 team...nationally. 7A is by far heads above the rest of the state.

Pickett Co. and Clay Co. both have great teams this year...Pickett went unbeaten at Russellville, KY for Christmas 4-0. Clay Co. is excellent too. Clarkrange is unbeaten. What happened in the past does matter because tradition here is a big thing and programs strive to get better and better. Just a few years ago Shelbyville was #1 in the nation and Jackson Co. beat them. I believe Clarkrange has a top 25 team...nationally. 7A is by far heads above the rest of the state.

[/quote

NOBODY - bar none - "tranfers" (privates call it recuiting) like good ole district 7A.....

Ths is the first that I've read this thread because I'm a 7A person. There is no doubt that 7A has more recruiring going on than any district in the state. Jackson County has made a living recriting and stealing our best players from us in our own district. I'm sick and tired of it and it just keeps going on.

you are a joke;7a person ha , you've made 37 post and all of them critising teams from 7a mostly JC and you brag on gleason and mckensie and said in one post 7a did not have a team in top 2o and C'range and JC was a joke and that 6a was a lot better.You lie about where your from and then about recruiting if you know so much turn them in and quit being a patsummit want a be or NO your an imposter I forgot

jim,

I'm really not following you at all. In our District...14A...we have 8 teams that are very good. We only have two teams that are bad...South Fulton and Halls. We have a 10 team district....8 of those teams can beat the other one on any given night. That's how deep and strong our district is. You name four teams that you think are good. We have 8.

That's the whole point of this post. It's not that 7A is not good, nor who has the best team/teams in the district. It's about who has the strongest district...top to bottom. I really believe that 14A is that district.

according to the various polls that are conducted not my opinion not yours but the experts that unbiasly put these numbers togather find by strength of schedule and winning ratio of who both districts play the top team in 14a would be no higher than 5th if districts 7a and 14a were combined.There is not 8 teams in your district that are good you have 3 or 4 of your top teams that are average this year.Now in years past you have had some very good teams.

according to the various polls that are conducted not my opinion not yours but the experts that unbiasly put these numbers togather find by strength of schedule and winning ratio of who both districts play the top team in 14a would be no higher than 5th if districts 7a and 14a were combined.There is not 8 teams in your district that are good you have 3 or 4 of your top teams that are average this year.Now in years past you have had some very good teams.

And you know that the 14a teams are average because you have watched them all play several times this season im assuming?