MCMINN BEATS DOBYNS BENNETT!

ArtVandalay

McMinn has shown signs of being a fine football team this season but at times they have also shown that they make mistakes at key times in a game. The later of the two was during the first half of the season and recently have made the plays when they have to which has enabled them to put a W on the board.

McMinn gets into the spread offense out of the gun and never takes a snap under center......they have an effective running attack with #34 Ellison who is a hard shifty runner and #11 McDermott who is more of a slasher.....the QB #10 Ables is 6"4 210 and has improved as the season has progressed.

The most valuable weapon the TRIBE has is #16 Stansell who does all of the punting and kicking.....he is averaging 43 yds. per punt this season and has made field goals from 48, 49 & 51 not to mention 94% of his kickoffs are deep into the endzone. He is a difference maker and can flip the field in a heart beat....

Playing DB is a huge challenge for McMinn and a game that this team is looking forward to. They know the tradition and history but they have seen similair at schools like Oak Ridge, Ooltewah & Farragut so they are use to playing great teams with great traditions much like DB. They know about the huge band and all of the pre-game hype and are actually excited about the opportunity.

More from Tribefan as the week progresses.....

GO TRIBE!!!!

McMinn has shown signs of being a fine football team this season but at times they have also shown that they make mistakes at key times in a game. The later of the two was during the first half of the season and recently have made the plays when they have to which has enabled them to put a W on the board.

McMinn gets into the spread offense out of the gun and never takes a snap under center......they have an effective running attack with #34 Ellison who is a hard shifty runner and #11 McDermott who is more of a slasher.....the QB #10 Ables is 6"4 210 and has improved as the season has progressed.

The most valuable weapon the TRIBE has is #16 Stansell who does all of the punting and kicking.....he is averaging 43 yds. per punt this season and has made field goals from 48, 49 & 51 not to mention 94% of his kickoffs are deep into the endzone. He is a difference maker and can flip the field in a heart beat....

Playing DB is a huge challenge for McMinn and a game that this team is looking forward to. They know the tradition and history but they have seen similair at schools like Oak Ridge, Ooltewah & Farragut so they are use to playing great teams with great traditions much like DB. They know about the huge band and all of the pre-game hype and are actually excited about the opportunity.

GO TRIBE!!!!

Good post. Did the backup Quarterback for McMinn Co. have to play a few weeks ago in the Heritage game? I believe I read that in a Knoxville News Sentinel article. If so, is #10 Ables healthy?

Also, just random appreciation. I like the fact your helmet logo is a spin off of the Kansas City Cheifs arrowhead. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Again, does anybody know the final record of the Dobyns Bennett Junior Varsity team? The only games I'm sure of are marked below:

August 25th Tennessee High L

September 1st @ Sullivan South L

September 8th Sullivan North W

September 15th @ Science Hill

September 22nd Jefferson County

September 29th @ Elizabethton

October 13th @ Sevier County

October 27th Science Hill W

GO TRIBE!!!!

It sounds like your Tribe can hold it's own.The glue that has held my Tribe at DB together, has been the defense.Dobyns-Bennett has a small but swarming defense.I think our strength has been the senior leaders up front on the line and at linebackers.They have depth if needed and all of them will hit you.The pass has given us some trouble and the sweeps have as well, Watson can fix part of that this week.Roll DB Tribe Roll

Good post. Did the backup Quarterback for McMinn Co. have to play a few weeks ago in the Heritage game? I believe I read that in a Knoxville News Sentinel article. If so, is #10 Ables healthy?

Also, just random appreciation. I like the fact your helmet logo is a spin off of the Kansas City Cheifs arrowhead. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Again, does anybody know the final record of the Dobyns Bennett Junior Varsity team? The only games I'm sure of are marked below:

Yes, the backup did come in after Ables went down in the Billy Blount game and promptly put them in the end zone. He then started the Heritage game and was very impressive. Ables is a good quarterback but is injury prone, but if number 10 goes down number 7 is more than able(s) to do the job. I am not giving my opinion but some would say the Cherokees are a more potent offense with Drew in based mostly on the fact that he is quicker on his feet and quicker to pull the trigger on a pass.

The defense has been solid all year, even after losing some key players. Wilburn, Wilson and McDermott have come up against some big guys this year and held their own. They have been asked to make plays in late game situations when they have spent an enormous amount of time on the field. McBee's late INT against WB....Simpson's TD fumble return and Wilson's strip in the closing mins led to the win over Bradley. Again, they are solid but the offense must stay on the field and not leave the D hung out or as good as they are and have been, they will wear down.

Mcminn should be good to go either way, and intimidation will not be a factor. If you get to the playoffs after going through a region 2 season, you have pretty much seen it all. There may be bigger and faster but you are in awe of nobody.

Congrats to this years seniors. Happy to see you guys suit up at least one more time!

September 15th @ Science Hill

September 22nd Jefferson County

September 29th @ Elizabethton

October 13th @ Sevier County

October 27th Science Hill W

the first sh game db beat us the second sh won if that helps

September 15th @ Science Hill W

September 22nd Jefferson County L

September 29th @ Elizabethton W

October 13th @ Sevier County W

October 27th Science Hill L

There was another Elizabethton game in there somewhere where the kids found out the day of that they were traveling there again and they lost that so thre final record was 4-5 including the loss of the last game vs science hill at home.

There was another Elizabethton game in there somewhere where the kids found out the day of that they were traveling there again and they lost that so thre final record was 4-5 including the loss of the last game vs science hill at home.

The JV games don't really tell anything about the future.The freshman team is a better gage because some teams load up their JV teams,and some don't put as much attention into working with the JV guys.

Thanks for the information.

Very good match-up in the first round. McMinn besides Cleveland had one of the most productive offenses I watched this year. I see this game being a high scoring game. However Stansell is probably the biggest game changers in this game. It is real frustrating not being able to run a kickoff back when it is sailing into the endzone pretty much everytime.