MCMINN BEATS DOBYNS BENNETT!

ArtVandalay

From tricitiessports.com article:

'...D-B hopes to get wide receiver Ashlon Adams back for Friday's game against McMinn County. He has mono, but they caught it early and hope he is cleared for this week's game. Not having him takes away a big weapon....'

View of field from Alumni Hall (Fieldhouse)

View of home stands from mid field emblem

It seems every fiscal year money is alloted for some type of building project at J.Fred Johnson Stadium. We covered in a thread earlier this year that next year they will be installing measures underneath the turf on the baseball side that will allow for both visitors stands to be placed behind the visitors sideline.

Recent Additions to J.Fred Johnson Stadium:

Baseball Fieldhouse

The fieldhouse houses multiple indoor batting cages and multiple indoor pitching mounds, sporting an artificial surface as well. The fieldhouse can be found on the parking lot side of the stadium, bordered by Ft. Henry Drive and the parking lot. The one comment I do have about this building is why they don't pull back the netting from the batting cages, bring in mobile benches, and allow for visiting football teams to use it as a visitors fieldhouse. From being inside it, I know it's large enough to accomodate a football team.

Baseball Dugouts and Bullpens

The new dugouts were constructed with a brick that matches the rest of structures found inside J.Fred. The black fencing surrounding the bullpens looks very nice.

Visitors Concession Stand and Bathrooms

The visitors concession stand area houses the grounds keepers garage, visitors concession stand, visitors restrooms, and baseball lounge and dressing room. This area can be found on the Alumni Hall side of the stadium, on the visitors side. I think it'd be kind to allow the referees to use the baseball lounge for football games.

Anyone else with more information on the state of current facilities that I failed to mention, feel free. Also, if anyone has information on upcoming projects at the stadium, feel free to post that as well.

I like how nobody bashed on jordan(aformentioned # 18) early in the season when he was playing well. Jordan works as hard if not harder than anyone on the DB roster. any one who has been to a few practices should know that. Anyone who has played a sport at any organized level knows that you have bad streaks every once in a while, so for a lack of a better term, please, get off jordan's balls. (can i say that on here?)

Having said that, GC better get his hind quarters in gear, or else this will be no more than a replay of '05 or '06 (depending on if the zebras make a huge impact on the game)

I am very sorry to hear that Coach Coughenour passed. In my 4 years at DB and my 2 at Sevier participating in Track and Field Coach was always there helping, doing his thing. he'll be missed and never forgotten. I can only imagine what they'll name after him.

From tricitiessports.com article:

'...D-B hopes to get wide receiver Ashlon Adams back for Friday's game against McMinn County. He has mono, but they caught it early and hope he is cleared for this week's game. Not having him takes away a big weapon....'

View of field from Alumni Hall (Fieldhouse)

View of home stands from mid field emblem

It seems every fiscal year money is alloted for some type of building project at J.Fred Johnson Stadium. We covered in a thread earlier this year that next year they will be installing measures underneath the turf on the baseball side that will allow for both visitors stands to be placed behind the visitors sideline.

Recent Additions to J.Fred Johnson Stadium:

Baseball Fieldhouse

The fieldhouse houses multiple indoor batting cages and multiple indoor pitching mounds, sporting an artificial surface as well. The fieldhouse can be found on the parking lot side of the stadium, bordered by Ft. Henry Drive and the parking lot. The one comment I do have about this building is why they don't pull back the netting from the batting cages, bring in mobile benches, and allow for visiting football teams to use it as a visitors fieldhouse. From being inside it, I know it's large enough to accomodate a football team.

Baseball Dugouts and Bullpens

The new dugouts were constructed with a brick that matches the rest of structures found inside J.Fred. The black fencing surrounding the bullpens looks very nice.

Visitors Concession Stand and Bathrooms

The visitors concession stand area houses the grounds keepers garage, visitors concession stand, visitors restrooms, and baseball lounge and dressing room. This area can be found on the Alumni Hall side of the stadium, on the visitors side. I think it'd be kind to allow the referees to use the baseball lounge for football games.

Anyone else with more information on the state of current facilities that I failed to mention, feel free. Also, if anyone has information on upcoming projects at the stadium, feel free to post that as well.

Looks like some McMinn fans will be on DB's home side to watch the game I'm sure they wont allow a fan past the 30 yard line on the visitors side. That just wouldnt be fair. HAHA

I like how nobody bashed on jordan(aformentioned # 18) early in the season when he was playing well. Jordan works as hard if not harder than anyone on the DB roster. any one who has been to a few practices should know that. Anyone who has played a sport at any organized level knows that you have bad streaks every once in a while, so for a lack of a better term, please, get off jordan's balls. (can i say that on here?)

Having said that, GC better get his hind quarters in gear, or else this will be no more than a replay of '05 or '06 (depending on if the zebras make a huge impact on the game)

I am very sorry to hear that Coach Coughenour passed. In my 4 years at DB and my 2 at Sevier participating in Track and Field Coach was always there helping, doing his thing. he'll be missed and never forgotten. I can only imagine what they'll name after him.

Once a part of the Tribe, always a part of the Tribe!!

And your right... #18 Jordon Lawson has really improved. His best game ever was just last Friday Night against the Hill Toppers.

Roll Tribe Roll

Looks like some McMinn fans will be on DB's home side to watch the game I'm sure they wont allow a fan past the 30 yard line on the visitors side. That just wouldnt be fair. HAHA

That won't happen. Reserve Seating you know... the entire Home Side, except about 100 seats and those are taken an hour before Kick-off.

Roll Tribe Roll

Ok DB posters I will ask again as simply as I know how.....Is the field the real stuff ya know GRASS or is it the man made stuff ya know artificial turf?

The reason I ask is because the field looks great almost as good as the one @ CHEROKEE stadium.....and from the pictures I am looking at you cant determine.

It looks like mother nature might play a role in this one as I see on www.weather.com they are calling for a 40% chance of rain.

GO TRIBE!!!

That won't happen. Reserve Seating you know... the entire Home Side, except about 100 seats and those are taken an hour before Kick-off.

Didnt think you could have reserve seating in the TSSAA playoffs? Has this changed or is DB above the rest of us and pulls rank since they are so far from the home base of the TSSAA in Nashville and sell reserved seating?

Ok DB posters I will ask again as simply as I know how.....Is the field the real stuff ya know GRASS or is it the man made stuff ya know artificial turf?

The reason I ask is because the field looks great almost as good as the one @ CHEROKEE stadium.....and from the pictures I am looking at you cant determine.

It looks like mother nature might play a role in this one as I see on www.weather.com they are calling for a 40% chance of rain.

GO TRIBE!!!

NO and Yes

GO TRIBE!!!

If you could read you would know that "tricitiessportsfan" covered about everything you will need to know about the field and the stadium at DB. But since you can't read let me help you out.

Its Artificial Turf !

[quote name='TribeFan' date='Nov 3 2008 - 09:12 PM' post='82693

Didnt think you could have reserve seating in the TSSAA playoffs? Has this changed or is DB above the rest of us and pulls rank since they are so far from the home base of the TSSAA in Nashville and sell reserved seating?

You sure do complain alot. Are you a woman?

[quote name='TribeFan' date='Nov 3 2008 - 09:12 PM' post='82693360

Maybe this will help clear things up for you dude!

Go to TSSAA home page, then click on sports, next football, then play-off info for schools, football again, scroll down to article 15, item b.

Hope that helps!

This will be a strong test for our tribe! Will they rise up to the occasion? I think they will anwser the bell and silent a few critics! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

INDIANS - 21

CHEROKEES - 10

ROLL TRIBE ROLL!

[quote name='TribeFan' date='Nov 3 2008 - 09:12 PM' post='82693360

Maybe this will help clear things up for you dude!

Go to TSSAA home page, then click on sports, next football, then play-off info for schools, football again, scroll down to article 15, item b.

Hope that helps!

This will be a strong test for our tribe! Will they rise up to the occasion? I think they will anwser the bell and silent a few critics! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

INDIANS - 21

CHEROKEES - 10

ROLL TRIBE ROLL!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

[quote name='TribeFan' date='Nov 3 2008 - 09:12 PM' post='82693

You sure do complain alot. Are you a woman?

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

If you could read you would know that "tricitiessportsfan" covered about everything you will need to know about the field and the stadium at DB. But since you can't read let me help you out.

Its Artificial Turf !