MCMINN BEATS DOBYNS BENNETT!

ArtVandalay

People this week arent giving us a chance to win this game. But i feel that if we go out there and play are hardest we will win this game. Our defense is stacked with talent we have #35 philip wilburn at defenseive end who is very good and will give any lineman he goes up against a fight. Then we have #77 chase wilson and #54 brandon jenkins at defensive tackles and are very good. Our linebackers are very stout we have me #9 kris harris talented and and will stick my nose in there and hit somebody. Then we have #55 andy singleton who came back from a knee injury a few weeks ago and is almost back to where he was before the injury. The other out side linebacker is #34 delano ellison and #7 drew massingale both are very athletic , fast, and will hit you when you come through there hole. At corner we have one of the best corners in 5a a period he has 6 interceptions on the season and if you throw it his way its either getting picked off or knocked down. Then at strong saftey we have #11 tevin mcdermott this guy has to be one of the most athletic players mcminn has ever had. He is NOT scared to hit you no matter how big you are and he is also very athletic so if you throw it towards him it will get picked off also. But these are just some of the big key factors to are defense and if we come out with our heads on straight i believe that we will take home a Win and get ready for next weeks game.

People this week arent giving us a chance to win this game. But i feel that if we go out there and play are hardest we will win this game. Our defense is stacked with talent we have #35 philip wilburn at defenseive end who is very good and will give any lineman he goes up against a fight. Then we have #77 chase wilson and #54 brandon jenkins at defensive tackles and are very good. Our linebackers are very stout we have me #9 kris harris talented and and will stick my nose in there and hit somebody. Then we have #55 andy singleton who came back from a knee injury a few weeks ago and is almost back to where he was before the injury. The other out side linebacker is #34 delano ellison and #7 drew massingale both are very athletic , fast, and will hit you when you come through there hole. At corner we have one of the best corners in 5a a period he has 6 interceptions on the season and if you throw it his way its either getting picked off or knocked down. Then at strong saftey we have #11 tevin mcdermott this guy has to be one of the most athletic players mcminn has ever had. He is NOT scared to hit you no matter how big you are and he is also very athletic so if you throw it towards him it will get picked off also. But these are just some of the big key factors to are defense and if we come out with our heads on straight i believe that we will take home a Win and get ready for next weeks game.

Right now,most of the people in Kingsport that I've talked to are just mad about what they have seen.The fans here are not overlooking anybody,they just think our offensive mind set is putting water in our gas tanks.They know that our defense will get exposed for a couple of reasons, the offense is one and a couple of player adjustments could be the other , unless the offense starts scoring 40 plus points.That's what I'm hearing from everyone that I talk to.That's why you play the games

Tribefans Take:

McMinn:

Kicking game advantage goes to the cherokees with Stansell being a difference maker

Spread offense seemed to give DB some problems last week

Very good in the secondary

Not very big on the offensive or defensive lines

Better then average team speed especially at the skilled positions

McMinn has improved as the season has progressed

Long bus ride to DB....just hope the ride back is a bit shorter

DB:

Great football tradition

Very sound offense

DB does a good job of controlling the flow of the game from what I have seen

Good speed on both sides of the ball

Athletic wide recievers

AWESOME field!!

GO TRIBE!!!

...Here is where your thinking it's personal...

...If we want to win,A few more people's pride must be checked at the J Fred Johnson gates...

...PS.Thanks for the pictures you sent Bud,Bruce is doing a fine job all the way around in Knoxville

BatmanDB, I appreciate your input. I hope you didn't think I was being a smart elec, because I was honestly interested in your opinion. I'm an interested die hard, much like yourself. Nothing personal here, I don't have ties to anyone on the football team.

I agree with you, and Waco as well, that the coaches need to do what is best for the team, not necessarily the individuals on the team. If Sensabaugh and Crawford playing defense is what puts us over the top, then I'm all for it.

By the way, I believe you have mistaken me for someone else.

Roll Tribe.

BatmanDB, I appreciate your input. I hope you didn't think I was being a smart elec, because I was honestly interested in your opinion. I'm an interested die hard, much like yourself. Nothing personal here, I don't have ties to anyone on the football team.

I agree with you, and Waco as well, that the coaches need to do what is best for the team, not necessarily the individuals on the team. If Sensabaugh and Crawford playing defense is what puts us over the top, then I'm all for it.

By the way, I believe you have mistaken me for someone else.

Roll Tribe.

No problem,I didn't take it as a personal matter.I'm just very interested in this team winning,and I believe this is how I would do it.

take out #18 and replace him with #32 and that will eliminate some of those long sweeps we give up, im not tryin to knock on #18 im really not hes had his moments this year, but from the replay last night you can just tell he plays way to high, and he just doesnt have that physical aggresion to knock people on their butt, and shed blockers where we all know chris does. I will say #15 didnt look to bad and he should be at that pos. in passing downs. replace #1 or #22 with #10, and put him on the teams #2 WR, that way u can match up #3 with the other teams #1wr and shade #2 over that way. Thats just in cover 3 which DB runs alot of, but in cover 2 u put both #10 and #2 in there at safety and bring #22 back in at corner, and that will be very hard to pass on with both #10 and #2 on either side of the hash marks. Of course playin both ways, people will have to step up to spell these guys playing both ways. As ive said over and over again this year we have got to pass more on early downs to set up the run, because that makes the LB's and DB'S have to pause for just that much longer, which will almost guarantee atleast 5 yards on every run.

take out #18 and replace him with #32 and that will eliminate some of those long sweeps we give up, im not tryin to knock on #18 im really not hes had his moments this year, but from the replay last night you can just tell he plays way to high, and he just doesnt have that physical aggresion to knock people on their butt, and shed blockers where we all know chris does. I will say #15 didnt look to bad and he should be at that pos. in passing downs. replace #1 or #22 with #10, and put him on the teams #2 WR, that way u can match up #3 with the other teams #1wr and shade #2 over that way. Thats just in cover 3 which DB runs alot of, but in cover 2 u put both #10 and #2 in there at safety and bring #22 back in at corner, and that will be very hard to pass on with both #10 and #2 on either side of the hash marks. Of course playin both ways, people will have to step up to spell these guys playing both ways. As ive said over and over again this year we have got to pass more on early downs to set up the run, because that makes the LB's and DB'S have to pause for just that much longer, which will almost guarantee atleast 5 yards on every run.

You are 100% correct. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> This is the best plan of attack I have heard this year.

Its not which team is playing but WHICH coach is coaching. Friday night Clark coached not to lose vs coaching to win. I've said all along this team has the athletes and talent to go deep, but after watching Clark at work in Hilltopper country, the tribe fans will be dissapointed again this year. Clark either needs to add another page to his playbook or if he has some more plays, turn the page. Basically 5 plays, handoff to #32, pass to 28 and 14, pass to the FB in the flats and an occasional handoff to the FB. No pass to #2 or #3. No counters. Just smash mouth football and they will only work so long. DB better hope the fullback is back, HE is the the one that makes the block for #32. And if you are going to play your QB on defense and return punts in prior games when the score is out of reach, then WHY would you not play him on the final drive, not just the final play! SH's final drive, Watson should have taken #1 out, moved Sylvester to corner (where he played the past 3 years) and put #10 as safety. Again, if you have #10 playing in the rain in the final minutes of Eliz. then put him in on THE BIGGEST defensive series of the season. As far as the LB play, sorry, playing LB is a big difference from playing in the paint on a basketball court. In fact, i'm not sure why he is on the kick off team, somebody on the team is faster than him. #15? They finally put #15 in with some speed on defense and he made a big sack. Friday night was a snapshot of why DB is a flop come playoffs. Not because of rankings or who they get matched to play, but because of coaching. Other than the toppers, their coaches, the radio announcers and every fan in the stadium, were the DB coaches the only people that didnt know there would be a fake punt!? The QB/punter allways went to one side, put an extra player on that side. Dont put anybody back to catch it, especially catching it around the 10 yd line! One last note, JV play does have some merrit. Last years team struggled every year at DB. The team 2 years ago ( the one that Clark flopped first round) they would beat teams as Fr and JV so bad they let the clock run and that was before the TSSAA rule. Typically, in about every sport, when the younger teams do good, they do good as seniors. With the 2 transfer players this year, this may be Clark's last real shot before he retires.

Don't you dare say hat is the coaches fault. Dobyns-Bennett has the BEST coaches in the NATION bare none. Coach Clark, Coach Watson, Coach Holt, Coach Christian, Coach Barrett, Coach Church, Coach Burton, Coach Wagner, and the rest are all the top of the line. Football is a team effort, Scout squad to the Starters, coaches included. The fake punt....DB was in man coverage and busted coverage, sorry, but they stopped them in the end didn't they... And as for moving Jamie #10 to safety and Justin #2 to corner, Coach Clark doesn't take that chance because he doesn't like to risk his QB getting hurt, unless it is the only way to play the game orif he absolutly has to. #18 Jordan Ewards, I'll admit he is up and down, but don't say he is a horrible player, because he isn't. He isnt the most physical person but he gets the job done. #15 Mark Erwin is a good player, he and Edwards should probably rotate, but Coach Watson(the greatest defensive mind to ever coach the game) and the rest of the defensive coaches know what they are doing better than anybody on here so lets leave the decision of who to play up to them.

Tribefans Take:

McMinn:

Kicking game advantage goes to the cherokees with Stansell being a difference maker

Spread offense seemed to give DB some problems last week

Very good in the secondary

Not very big on the offensive or defensive lines

Better then average team speed especially at the skilled positions

McMinn has improved as the season has progressed

Long bus ride to DB....just hope the ride back is a bit shorter

DB:

Great football tradition

Very sound offense

DB does a good job of controlling the flow of the game from what I have seen

Good speed on both sides of the ball

Athletic wide recievers

AWESOME field!!

GO TRIBE!!!

I agree with most or your opinions on McMinn but offensively I dont think they have improved that much. Your correct they have played better and the turnovers have slowed down but we also havent played as good of teams either. offensively were just averaging 18 points per game (defensive scores included). # 11 hasnt been involved in the off scheme near enough. we need to get our super soph (voted last year in 2 5A) the ball more than we have all year.