MCMINN BEATS DOBYNS BENNETT!

ArtVandalay

The lack of football knowledge on these boards shouldn't be as remarkable to me as it is, but I guess it frames this as what it is....a "fans" board. (Read-they don't really know the game, they just have opinions). Understand this folks, the play I assume you are talking about is the taking of the safety at the end of the game. It was brilliant and EVERY team in the country that is coached at all has it in their book. The object is to intentionally hold knowing that you are giving up the two points. If you hold well, the play can take between 10 and 20 seconds off of the clock. If the other team is, A.) stupid enough to take the holding penalty, you just do it again and eat more clock....or B.) if the other team retaliates in frustration and gets a personal foul due to the obvious holding, the penalties off-set and you still do it again....eating up even more time. The coaches told me that everyone that they know in coaching does this and has for 30 years. They said you get to use it about once every 3 or 4 years. D-B ate what, 25 or 30 seconds off of the clock? That was exactly what they practiced. You can't account for letting some guy rip off a 75 yard return. If they had tackled him, McMinn would have had 37 seconds to get in field goal range. D-B wins. You all are welcome to your opinions, but please know that educated people in the game are shaking their heads at you.

You are correct. However this goes back to a region game eariler in the season where where DB fans were upset about the way they were being blocked. Perfectly legal as well, but they just went on and on and on about it. They tried to smear the reputation of several players and the coaching staff. Chased posters onto others threads to enterject their smartellic remarks. So you see there is more to it than meets the eye. And due to the arrogant nature of most (not all) DB fans on this site, I assure you had this play been the other way around there would be alot more than 30+pages on this subject. More like 130+.

Absolutely. And not for the reasons most might think. DB always has a great team and the only way you get better is by playing those teams. However, I would not like to see any more "tests" with the refs like we saw up there. They total ruined the game by being the center of attention. Honestly the best called games I saw all season were in Knoxville, Karns and Bearden, with exception of the one we had at home against Cocke County. It's like night and day between the refs down there and up here. They let the kids play, both sides I might add, and only threw the hanky when needed.

But back to your question. Yes! Its a long standing rivalry that always draws a big crowd and should continue. However, I understand from the DB faithful on here that will not happen after our last meeting.

What do you think?

You are correct. However this goes back to a region game eariler in the season where where DB fans were upset about the way they were being blocked. Perfectly legal as well, but they just went on and on and on about it. They tried to smear the reputation of several players and the coaching staff. Chased posters onto others threads to enterject their smartellic remarks. So you see there is more to it than meets the eye. And due to the arrogant nature of most (not all) DB fans on this site, I assure you had this play been the other way around there would be alot more than 30+pages on this subject. More like 130+.

Just to set the record straight everything DB fans said about the Jefferson Co. dirty play was true. There were plenty of ilegal blocks thrown in that game and plenty of tackles where the Jeff. co. players were going for ankles in a atempt to injure. Chris Sensabaugh (playing with a injured elbo that was wraped and padded) was quoted in tricitiessports.com that the Jefferson Co. players were "going after his elbo" all night. You and others can deny this till the cows come home, it will never change the fact. I never tried to smear anybodys reputation. Your players did that on their on. If you want to bring all this back out then we can go at it untill football season comes back around next year. I admit as do most DB fans that our coaching staff was wrong to try such a stupid play (win or lose). You'll never admit the dirty play by your players because you don't have it in you. As far as DB playing Jefferson Co. next year I sure hope not. When you beat a team 17 times in a row you need to move on to someone that can give you a game. Hey maybe you'll meet DB in the playoffs, where it would be a sure win for Jefferson Co. But it'll never happen in regular season...............Mo-Ron

During the game just after the safety I suddenly thought what a stupid play call. Now all McMinn has to do is kick a field goal to get into overtime. I figured the way the play calling as well as the way the players were playing DB would lose in overtime. Little did I know that in about one minute McMinn would run the kick back, ending the game alot sooner. The strategy was stupid. Not even a pee-wee coach would of done. Another thing nobody has noticed is that Clark in a interview on Tricitiessports.com is complaining about a illegle play by McMinn Co. in the first half of the game. As if that play is the reason DB lost. Really pathetic to say the least. But then maybe he wasn't awake for the second half and don't remember why he really lost. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

If DB had gotten 1 first down it would not even came to that.They had one of the best running and passing QB's in the league and they try to run it up the middle 3 times.Did the same thing against The Hill week before and settled for a field goal.I for one am glad its over.I still would have liked to had another shot at Farragut.Best of luck to the seniors,you guys had a great year.

If DB had gotten 1 first down it would not even came to that.They had one of the best running and passing QB's in the league and they try to run it up the middle 3 times.Did the same thing against The Hill week before and settled for a field goal.I for one am glad its over.I still would have liked to had another shot at Farragut.Best of luck to the seniors,you guys had a great year.

For those that may not know, plowboy2 is the father of the DB qb! Nice post on TriCitiesSports.com by the way!

For those that may not know, plowboy2 is the father of the DB qb! Nice post on TriCitiesSports.com by the way!

I thought most people knew that already,what took you so long? If you want to tell me anything else feel free to leave me a message.I pretty sure I know who you are too,but I will let you keep guessing if I know. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

As I remember that last series by DB, wasn't it Sylvester that got the call three times in a row up the middle? Sylvester is not a power running back and was playing at about 75% comming off a injury. If my memory is correct Sylvester is the last guy you would want running the ball in that situation, and especially not up the middle.

Thats nothing, Im the father of the DB band.

As I remember that last series by DB, wasn't it Sylvester that got the call three times in a row up the middle? Sylvester is not a power running back and was playing at about 75% comming off a injury. If my memory is correct Sylvester is the last guy you would want running the ball in that situation, and especially not up the middle.

Thats nothing, Im the father of the DB band.

Easy now WaCo longtimeDBfan is probably coach GC.He probably not taking our comments to good. Yea it was Sylvester,but it would not have matter who it was, cause they were stacking the box.A little screen or naked bootleg(which we ran 2)all year would have gotten on the outside.The Campbell County game was the best running and throwing ball game all year a Balanced attack.Some people would say it is easy to be a couch QB,and it is.But football is not brain surgery.Just because you have ran a play doesn't mean you can't run it again.But some teams knew we were running it up the middle alot.If you watched the replay of the GC show what was it mostly? Sensabaugh up the middle.When he went out we folded like a cheap lawn chair for no reason.Why?Against Bearden without Sensabaugh Jamie threw 4 tds.Were did our passing game go in the last 4-5 games? I hope I didn't offend anyone this year if I did sorry,its just the competitive nature in me. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />