MCMINN BEATS DOBYNS BENNETT!

ArtVandalay

I have a question about "the play". What ended the play the first time they ran it? Did the punter step out of the endzone to end the play the first time? Did they call a safety the first time also, but offsetting penalties allowed them to run the play again?

Tennessee did the same thing one year in Lexington to beat Ky. Bob Garmon was the punter. Tennessee practiced this play weekly under Majors. The difference is that time expired off the clock, the punter took the safety and the game was over if I remember correctly, for some reason the holding was not called.

The team voted on captians and MVP this week,and I just thought I'd add something to that.I don't know if DB does it, but every year I would take a senior that has given their all to the team without reguard to playing time,and give that senior a special award.It could be a starter or someone that plays very little,but someone that shows the greatest pride and love for the team as well as a great work effort.I don't mean some award that nobody would want,but one like Robinson gave{Redskin Award}.Just a thought.Roll Tribe

Matter of fact,I'd let the team vote for two and the coaches give two of these awards{total of Four}

I have not had time this fall to do as much posting and updating of my top NET list. Undoubtedly, SS is the class of NET at this point in the season. DB is second based on the total work of their season, although I realize they are quite upset based on Friday's upset.

Back to the thread topic - and if no one cares I understand. I have not had a chance to review the whole thread but was wondering if there was any discussion of the lack of two platooning by GC and that impact on his team's running out of gas in the 4th quarter in the playoffs. With 100 kids out for football, it sure seems to me that D-B could find 25 to play, not just 15. While GC's philosophy of playing the top 11 has served him well in terms of overall success, I think it contributes to his team running out of gas in the 4th quarter of these 1st round games.

You know??¦I keep hearing this ???DB is second??? stuff. What the heck??¦they are probably turning in their uniforms as we speak. So I think it??™s time to come down of the mountain top??¦don??™t you think. When a team looses to an unranked or low ranked team in the BCS (or any other pole except the ???Ron Bliss (DB) Pole???) they drop out of the top 25 or at least the top 10. They certainly don??™t hang on to bragging rights at the #2 spot regardless of how many games they won prior to the loss or who they beat early in the season. So what DB beat THS the very FIRST game of the season??¦could they beat them now? Do you know for sure? The Vikings are a MUCH improved team from when we played DB, and it sounds like you guys are a much different team also. After loosing to McMinn Friday I personally think you would fall short trying to repeat your performance against the Vikings much less beat South. The fact is that teams and team situations change throughout the season and there are many factors that come to play in these changes, injuries, change in personnel and positions, a diamond in the rough showing up, and the variables could go on forever. DB is DONE??¦Science Hill is done??¦that means you are no longer a factor in this years football standing regardless of what your record is or who you beat prior to this. COME DOWN OFF THE MOUNTAIN TOP!!

By the way I think someone brought the ???NO DEPTH??? issue to your attention EARLY in the season (I??™m talking before the first game early) and ALL of you argued me down! How ironic. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

You know??¦I keep hearing this ???DB is second??? stuff. What the heck??¦they are probably turning in their uniforms as we speak. So I think it??™s time to come down of the mountain top??¦don??™t you think. When a team looses to an unranked or low ranked team in the BCS (or any other pole except the ???Ron Bliss (DB) Pole???) they drop out of the top 25 or at least the top 10. They certainly don??™t hang on to bragging rights at the #2 spot regardless of how many games they won prior to the loss or who they beat early in the season. So what DB beat THS the very FIRST game of the season??¦could they beat them now? Do you know for sure? The Vikings are a MUCH improved team from when we played DB, and it sounds like you guys are a much different team also. After loosing to McMinn Friday I personally think you would fall short trying to repeat your performance against the Vikings much less beat South. The fact is that teams and team situations change throughout the season and there are many factors that come to play in these changes, injuries, change in personnel and positions, a diamond in the rough showing up, and the variables could go on forever. DB is DONE??¦Science Hill is done??¦that means you are no longer a factor in this years football standing regardless of what your record is or who you beat prior to this. COME DOWN OFF THE MOUNTAIN TOP!!

By the way I think someone brought the ???NO DEPTH??? issue to your attention EARLY in the season (I??™m talking before the first game early) and ALL of you argued me down! How ironic. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

I love what I'm hearing from you, CAP!! I hope it's not just because you are so desperately trying to join the Inner Circle. We all know that's what you want because of your signature. Love the fact you are saying that the TN High-DB game would be different now because you are saying South would come out victorious. If something happens this week and Greeneville pulls the upset against you, hopefully you can make the trip back down there next week with us and we can wave the stars n bars together. what do you think? /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I love what I'm hearing from you, CAP!! I hope it's not just because you are so desperately trying to join the Inner Circle. We all know that's what you want because of your signature. Love the fact you are saying that the TN High-DB game would be different now because you are saying South would come out victorious. If something happens this week and Greeneville pulls the upset against you, hopefully you can make the trip back down there next week with us and we can wave the stars n bars together. what do you think? /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I wouldn't call a Greeneville win over TH an upset.The upset would be East or the{ TH vs Greeneville winner } beating South next week.

I wouldn't call a Greeneville win over TH an upset.The upset would be East or the{ TH vs Greeneville winner } beating South next week.

I wouldn't have called it an upset 3 weeks ago but I saw South-Greeneville and I've seen South-TN High. There is no way someone can say GV is better without Greenway. They are sipping the devil's brew if they say that. TN High as the offense to play with anybody. They didn't show it against South. That's why it would be an upset now. The best two teams in the area are South and TN High. Now it's just a matter of going out and doing what they are supposed to do and we'll see the rematch next week in the Valley. It just hit me. You are the one that went to GV or something like that because you post about them all the time. Looking through those green colored glasses, aren't you?

Lack of depth is not what lost the game for DB. McMinn Co. had more players playing both ways than DB did. The reason DB got tired in the forth qtr. is because they couldn't make a tackle and was chasing McMinn all over the field. That and some very poor play calling. These facts have been well established already in previous post.

If you guys want the #2 spot in the Tri-Cities by all means go ahead and take it. That and 50 cents will buy you a cup of coffie. And besides DB doesn't deserve even a top 10 rank in anything. Well we do have a very good band.

Well ,we had our chance against McMinn county and that's that.No amount of {if's and buts }can change what ended a great season.I've seen Greeneville with their QB and I've seen you guys twice this year.Greeneville with their QB would win by 17 today.But then again they don't have him.I now give it as a anybody can win type of game.I would like very much in a couple of weeks to see if the Vikings have some time on their hands and could come on down and give it another shot.DB doesn't play South,but both have played you and I've seen your team in the past few weeks.DB 42-TH 7 in a rematch

The stars and bars thing is obviously out of the question. For some reason every time I get my hands on one it bursts into flames??¦unreal but cool to watch. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> As far as the trip goes??¦lets see how things go. You never know, you may need to ride with me /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> ??¦if you know what I mean. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

The stars and bars thing is obviously out of the question. For some reason every time I get my hands on one it bursts into flames??¦unreal but cool to watch. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> As far as the trip goes??¦lets see how things go. You never know, you may need to ride with me /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> ??¦if you know what I mean. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

You know I love to tease you. You're one of the few on here I respect because you take it like a man. Good luck, I'll be rooting for you this week.

Lack of depth is not what lost the game for DB. McMinn Co. had more players playing both ways than DB did. The reason DB got tired in the forth qtr. is because they couldn't make a tackle and was chasing McMinn all over the field. That and some very poor play calling. These facts have been well established already in previous post.

If you guys want the #2 spot in the Tri-Cities by all means go ahead and take it. That and 50 cents will buy you a cup of coffie. And besides DB doesn't deserve even a top 10 rank in anything. Well we do have a very good band.

I have a feeling your B-ball team is going to make a little noise this season??¦maybe even in the Arby??™s IMO. By the way??¦WaCO you know I mean know disrespect with that post. It??™s just that the opportunity to pick on DB is so few and far between that I have to get in a jab whenever I can...especially before basketball starts. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> I can almost relate with the Vikings coming off of last year??™s disappointment with Volunteer (beating us for the first time in school history). /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Well ,we had our chance against McMinn county and that's that.No amount of {if's and buts }can change what ended a great season.I've seen Greeneville with their QB and I've seen you guys twice this year.Greeneville with their QB would win by 17 today.But then again they don't have him.I now give it as a anybody can win type of game.I would like very much in a couple of weeks to see if the Vikings have some time on their hands and could come on down and give it another shot.DB doesn't play South,but both have played you and I've seen your team in the past few weeks.DB 42-TH 7 in a rematch

I could get ya Batman??¦and get you good! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> But I know how sensitive you DBers are, and I refuse to kick a man while he??™s down??¦and OUT!!! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> Sorry??¦that was the last one??¦I promise. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />